• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What do you do with old fossils?

I collect them to have the complete miniature fossil collection (redundancyyy)

If I already have it in both formats (museum and miniature) I sell them

Either sell them or put them into the trash. I would also give them to my villagers if they asked for
them.

Since I'm not a big fan of fossils and also have no space in my house or closet to keep them all there, I check first if my museum still needs them and if not, I just sell them or, if I'm too lazy to walk all the way up to Re-Tail, throw them in the trash. I don't like it to give any fossils to my villagers as I know they gonna mess up their whole house by putting them on the dumbest spot ever where afterwards you can't walk anymore in there since that fossil takes all the space away.

Last edited:
It varies for me. I generally sell them at Re-Tail for a few extra bells, but I've also been collecting a few spares here and there so Cyrus can create the models.

I customize them to be miniature versions and if I have repeats, I put them up for auction at the retail to get the max amount of bells it's worth. I don't bother putting anything worth less than 3,000 or 2,000 up for auction, since you can't bid them for much bells, so those I do sell.

I like to keep the ones like the dinosaur egg, they have a very cool looking "pedestal". It fits amazingly well in my rustic/cabin rooms I love them!

I finished my fossil collection so I leave the current spawned ones where they are. Though I have tonnes of gyroids spawned too from wet weather so now I don't know what's what haha

Honestly, my museum fossils are complete, so I just leave them buried now. Every once in a while I'll dig them so I can get them assessed and re-tail them for scratch.

I always just sell them, as I don't really have a need for them. I may end up keeping a few if I want the miniature fossil models in my home, but that would be about it. Don't really do much else with them.

I usually sell all of them, but lately I've been saving some up so I can get some of those miniature fossil figures.

My fossil collection in the museum is complete already but I still like to dig up the fossils sometimes - I usually get them assessed first and then sell them. It's nice to get the bells, especially since the fossils that haven't been assessed don't sell for as much.

wow, i always just sell mine to re-tail, but i'm wondering if people would actually want to buy them.... who couldn't use some extra TBT???? right??

Collect the triceratops to turn them into a small ornament, but sell them otherwise because they're just useless junk and bring in good bells.

Sell them because it’s a great way to make bells, but if a villager requests a fossil, I don’t mind giving them one.

i've actually never used cyrus and i probably won't ever, so i just sell em to make a few or if i have letters due to be sent out i might throw it in there or if a villager asks for furniture i'll give it to them seeing as idc what villlagers' houses look like.

I usually just sell my fossils. I always think the time took to donate them is to much! Lazy me!

Back