• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are your Disappointments you felt in the 2.0 update?

there’s really not much, the update is near perfect. quality of life could’ve had improvements but it is what it is for a game like AC or else it wouldn’t be AC.

that said, i wish they added more fruits (we’re in an island it’s so silly there’s none of the island fruits) & gave us a Nook’s cranny upgrade. it’s also sad that they announced it’s the last major update, it means no other characters would be returning for a visit :(

The airport system not being improved as mentioned.
Room size options increasing with HHP but not with the base game.
Able's/Nook Miles not being improved to multi-buy.

There are definitely QoL features missing (changeroom, bulk buying, bulk crafting) that would've made the game smoother but I can overlook them. IMO, ACNH has finally surpassed ACNL in terms of content and quality so I'm happy with that. Like, I literally couldn't go back to ACNL at this point.

I love the update! The game feels complete now and so much better than I could've imagined, so it's hard to raise any real complaints. I suppose I would've liked the ability to have a few extra villagers on our islands, just because from a selfish point of view, I would really like having more real occupied houses. I've got a few extra accounts to help with that, but it takes so long and costs so much that I'm already considering booting out most of them and just using the new improved fake building options that actually look really good.

I'll say it on every one of these threads: Can't recolor brick fencing. Shattered my universe. /halfjoking

I also really wanted to redesign the town hall exterior to fit my theme. It was a bit of a pipe dream but when I saw that we could do exteriors on facilities in HHP I thought maybe...... but no :'(

Shopping at Able's still requires going in and out over and over.

Pulling direct from storage to craft. Sure, the sheds help but you now have to keep one in your pocket and put it out to use it.

Less dialogue when flying. I was REALLY hoping they'd cut back on that. Also switching the local/online play options would have been nice. Would have made it easier to click spam though the tedious menus.

Bulk crafting, bulk buying nmt.

Can't use storage shed on other people's islands.

Trip time to other islands is still way too long.

Making the dlc paid when I can't buy it due to job loss

I could probably go on all day.

Shopping at Able's still requires going in and out over and over.

Pulling direct from storage to craft. Sure, the sheds help but you now have to keep one in your pocket and put it out to use it.

Less dialogue when flying. I was REALLY hoping they'd cut back on that. Also switching the local/online play options would have been nice. Would have made it easier to click spam though the tedious menus.

Bulk crafting, bulk buying nmt.

Can't use storage shed on other people's islands.

Trip time to other islands is still way too long.

Making the dlc paid when I can't buy it due to job loss

I could probably go on all day.
the outdoor storage thing makes sense because you couldn't do it in the other games. Definitely the bulk buying and creating a option is something I would have liked but it doesn't really bother me in the long run.
totally agree with you on the flying. I really wish they would just cut down the introductory scene. I wish they would have totally removed the returning scene because that's just a waste of time.

Still no bulk purchasing at Able Sisters. I seriously have to walk back in up to 5 times to get each color of an item I like.

Still no Nook's Cranny upgrade. We've been stuck with the same upgrade since April 2020.

Still no way to decline duplicate DIYs. This makes no sense. Why are we allowed to decline unknown DIYs? What is the purpose of saying no to a DIY you don't know?

Still no options to mute or turn down the background music.... Even games on SNES had sound controls for BGM and SFX.

Still can't place trees/shrubs/flowers in storage.

Still have small 6x6 rooms.

Still no way to skip the flyover cutscene in multiplayer. This is absolutely annoying that players are forced to sit through a loading screen just so a player can see the island from the sky.

the update was super cool but got old fast. only one kappan trip per day, no bulk crafting or cooking, no option to bulk buy from able's either, the gyroids kinda suck {they feel like someone was trying way to hard to be creative when they were out of ideas and it really just doesnt work, not to mention we dont get any of the old gyroids. i really wouldve loved to have 4 trapped souls gargling and screaming in my home at all times :mad: }

it also annoys me how they still havent got rid of all the unecessary dialogue in cutscenes. flying to other's islands is painful

im glad they've added a ton of new content to the game but jeez it still feels lacking i guess. not that each animal crossing should be an exact replica of the previous, but this one is kind of pitiful with how much was lost {and is still not here}

I'm very happy with the update, but of course there are some things I would have liked to see:

-Bulk crafting
-Bulk buying from Tailor Shop
-More design slots
-Villager limit increased to at least 12 (optional)
-Gracie and her furniture
-Interior remodel/expansion for the Shop without changing the exterior
-Observatory for Celeste
-KK performing in The Roost
-Multiplayer activities

This last thing is something I never expected, but would have liked to see. I would have loved a permanent shop/greenhouse to place on your island. I think a cute greenhouse would fit the vibe of NH really well. All of the topiary items and placeable trees and bushes could be sold there. You could unlock special rewards from Leif, such as gardening outfits, and decorative items, and tropical fruits. Maybe even working fertilizer to increase hybrid chances, and eventually non breakable tools. Or it would have been nice to see Serena back as a way to unlock unbreakable tools. Even if the chances were pretty rare, it would add another thing to try to achieve for long haul players.

The biggest gripe for me (and one that was probably never going to be remedied in the first place) is the fact that terraforming and redesigning your island's layout, despite arguably being the game's biggest selling point, is a very tedious process that hasn't been improved upon at all over the last year. The fact that making adjustments has to be done square by square, and piece by piece, is nightmarish for somebody who wants to make significant changes. Throw in the fact that moving structures can still only be done once-per-day, and still requires having the space you want the building to occupy be vacant, and it makes it really hard to appreciate that they (still blessedly) reduced the cost of doing so drastically. I was very excited when they incorporated Happy Home's decoration interface into New Leaf and carried it over into New Horizons, but it makes not having something similar for decorating your island that much more egregious to me.

Ideally, there should have been a system right from the start that would let you design the island from an overhead view and would let you draw terrain, cliffs, water, paths, etc. and drag and drop buildings and structures where you wanted them. You could pull items from your inventory just like with the housing interface and place those wherever you liked as well. Then, in keeping with Animal Crossing's "play every day" motif, they could have simply rolled all of your costs for the adjustments together into one lump sum (or perhaps even a new loan if you'd already paid your house off) and then had the new layout take effect on the next calendar day. It would have been a great way of making the process of redesigning your island much more efficient and enjoyable, which would have given me a greater reason to keep coming back, since shaping my island was very much the most interesting thing in New Horizons for me that wasn't present in previous games (save for New Leaf's relatively limited take on it).

The thing is, if it's not something that had been planned at some stage during development, it would probably be a nightmare to try and incorporate now. I don't want to chalk the current system up to simply wanting more padding, but from my perspective at least, something like this seems a no-brainer. It all gives me the feeling that they may have wanted to give us something like that from the get-go but it would have required more development time than they could afford. Fingers crossed that they slip it in at some point, but I'm mostly resigned to the idea that it'll just be among the big features in the next game.

As for everything else, it all pretty much just comes down to QoL. Most of y'all have already mentioned that the multiplayer element still needs a ton of work, both in regards to the tedium of the process and the general lack of activities to partake in. Just to tie that into my previous remarks, giving Best Friends the ability to design your houses and islands with you would have been enormous, not just for the sake of fun but for the sake of making the current system much more bearable. But I'd imagine that would be even more of a nightmare to implement, given the technical limitations, so I'll just keep dreaming about it for now.

EDIT: As one added note - All the talk about the megaphones reminded me of one of the biggest things that's puzzled me since day one. You have a phone and presumably everybody else on your island does as well. Why can you not simply call a villager to locate them or invite them to do something or literally anything else? Sometimes it feels like somebody on the development team forgot you can use your phone for more than Amazon or emergency services.

Last edited:
I don't know if this counts, but I really wish the side reps I have were allowed to cook

My friend was playing on one, and its not an option For them to cook

My villagers even say they want them to learn how to cook, but they can't.

(I haven't cooked much at all. Its just kind of annoying.

I don't know if this counts, but I really wish the side reps I have were allowed to cook

Is this for real?? That sucks so much! If they're able to craft then they should be able to cook right?

I had a moment of sadness today since KK is on my island. I walked towards him and so the background music stopped as he sang. I could hear all the nature sounds and it was so peaceful! I didn't want to walk out of the square and back into the bouncy repetitive music. I wish so badly that was permanent. I really thought they might have added that to the update since it's so easy to do.

Is this for real?? That sucks so much! If they're able to craft then they should be able to cook right?

All characters can learn to cook. They each have to individually buy the upgrade from the Nook Stop machine in Town Hall. Having the Resident Representative learn cooking on their account doesn't unlock it for all players.

The update has been a game changer for me, I love it and have been thoroughly enjoying the game. However, we really needed some more basic QOL updates as many have articulated before. The airport, atm/nook miles machine, the amiibo villager move in process etc...really wanted some improvements.

All characters can learn to cook. They each have to individually buy the upgrade from the Nook Stop machine in Town Hall. Having the Resident Representative learn cooking on their account doesn't unlock it for all players.
Yes, but its not an option in there either, you can log into the machine as a side rep, but the option isn't there sadly,

Everything else is though

Unless you need to be at a certain level, but for all my reps its not avalible

This is more my problem than the game's, but I want a store.
When the game said I was getting a job, I didn't expect to do Happy Home Designer again. I like it, sometimes even love it. But since Wild World added online I've wanted my own brick-and-mortar spot to sell excess items to other players. Judging from the amount of Buying/Selling threads in this forum, I'm probably not alone. Maybe hire a Villager to run a stand while friends are over or something, I dunno. Or a Nook Miles equivalent where you see random player's stalls on islands.

Back