What are the odds

i know what you mean.
with trying to find my ideal island.
i wanted:
- pashmina as my starter.
- biff as my other starter.
- a blue airport.
- a plaza centered above the airport steps.
- the river connecting to the sea, both in the south beach.
- that piece of land that sticks a bit out ( most people put a lighthouse on it ) i really don't knw what that is called. in the far north.

and i have all that.
( sure i have oranges instead of apples as my starting fruit, and sure my pier is on the left and would've preferred it to be on the right, and it is 14 planks long instead of the preferred 10 )
but i didn't care about that as much.
all the things i wanted are on my current island, and i'm really happy about that:)

The odds are pretty high actually. A lot of NMT island hopping data presented by a lot of people shows that the octopi often show up on mystery tours a lot in this game. This probably has something to do with the RNG picking species first then the villager when they roll. Since there are only 3 of them, most people see them a lot of the time. Personally, I have both Marina and Zucker and I got them both off the island tours as well. I saw Octavian more than 10 times on several tours but I didn’t get him because I wanted a bit of variety. Three of the same species is too much.

The odds are pretty high actually. A lot of NMT island hopping data presented by a lot of people shows that the octopi often show up on mystery tours a lot in this game. This probably has something to do with the RNG picking species first then the villager when they roll. Since there are only 3 of them, most people see them a lot of the time. Personally, I have both Marina and Zucker and I got them both off the island tours as well. I saw Octavian more than 10 times on several tours but I didn’t get him because I wanted a bit of variety. Three of the same species is too much.
I see, thanks for enlightening me!

By the way, this is also why Raymond proves to be very rare on the islands because THERE ARE SO MANY CATS. So many. Not to mention the tours have multiple repeats. You’d have to be really lucky to see him in one of your tours.

By the way, this is also why Raymond proves to be very rare on the islands because THERE ARE SO MANY CATS. So many. Not to mention the tours have multiple repeats. You’d have to be really lucky to see him in one of your tours.
:’D Well, I have to try.
Post automatically merged:

Actually I still have 5 other dreamies to catch. If I come down to only missing Raymond I’ll try with the Campsite method.

I keep coming across the other popular characters, Diana, Ankha, Merengue...

Sigh

I hope not, trying to get Raymond because he’s too damn popular to buy.
If you're not adverse to TT-ing you could try the campsite method though since that's how I got him. If not, I wish you luck in finding Raymond from island hopping!

If you're not adverse to TT-ing you could try the campsite method though since that's how I got him. If not, I wish you luck in finding Raymond from island hopping!

Yeah I might try that eventually but right now I have an open slot and I don’t want some rando moving in.

:’D Well, I have to try.

Actually I still have 5 other dreamies to catch. If I come down to only missing Raymond I’ll try with the Campsite method.

I keep coming across the other popular characters, Diana, Ankha, Merengue...

Sigh

I strongly suggest campsite trick for Raymond. That is, if you’re not against TT or willing to make an exception in this case. I don’t TT but made an exception to get Marshal via the campsite trick because I can’t play the game without my boy and I don’t think I’d come across him in the islands with how many squirrels there are, how rare the smugs appear there and how many miles I have.

The odds are usually (the villager you want/all of the villagers in NH) however, there is a chance where you may encounter the same villager when island hopping.

that’s really lucky! i’ve only found 2/3 octopi on the island but not in a row lol

Shockingly I've never actually encountered any of the octopi yet in any tour, however I do see at least 1 octopi in at least everyones town lol

Back