• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

weird tom nook glitch...? (i guess its weird idk)

porkbun

Bells
Tasty Cake
alright so this happened between a few days before yesterday (so monday or sunday) and yesterday (wednsday)
so i recently restarted my town and i've been progressing really far with my town/house/villagers! and recently i've been massively upgrading my house (by putting new rooms in and expanding those rooms, this glitch [if i should call it that] involves fully expanding the upstairs room). so i remember on tuesday i asked tom to make my upstairs bigger and he did his usual thing where he told me the price and then said the construction will be finished tomorrow. cool. i am down with that. next day i go to pay off my loan for the expansion, all fine and good. then i walk into tom nook to get a new room/expansion but he tells me "you paid off your home loan! now construction can begin!". what? you already did the construction? and usually construction doesn't begin after you pay off the loan? i didnt think much of it until i played the game yesterday and went to tom nook again asking for a new expansion. then he tells me the usual thing where he says "construction is complete and the bill is ____ bells" but this time instead of the actual bell count that was supposed to be owed he says "the trifling amount is about 0 bells. pocket change, really!" and i was like what xD i guess the game messed up the sequence and then thought that i didn't pay off my loan but i actually did? luckily it didn't make me pay for the loan again but i still couldn't get another expansion i had to TT to a new day... it was so odd, has anyone else had this happen before?

heres a picture i took of when he said "the cost is 0 bells"

i had the "the cost for this is a mere 0 bells" thing too. i walked out and walked back in and he said "oh hey you paid of your loan wow!"
i wonder what causes it

i had the "the cost for this is a mere 0 bells" thing too. i walked out and walked back in and he said "oh hey you paid of your loan wow!"
i wonder what causes it

yeah i wonder xD it was so weird!

Back