• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Villagers that resemble animals not technically of their species?

Adding in also Hopkins is a balloon

honestly I find this one more disturbing than any of the others
Post automatically merged:

Chow and Pinky are both pandas classified as bears, I guess that’s a subspecies of bear but still. Edit: forgot Chester is also a panda, he’s classified as a cub

and Tangy is an...orange cat? Cat orange? Who knows

Last edited:
Anabelle looks like an armadillo but is an anteater. :)

Edit: Wiki says a pangolin (?)
Correct, Anabelle is made to look like a pangolin.
iu
iu

I came to this thread to add her to the list if she wasn't mentioned already. She lives on my island, and I think she's very cute.

Pango is an anteater but.. she doesn't look like one. She has male peacock colouring. Honestly no idea what she is supposed to be. Maybe just some creative licence with the colouring.
1588393837130.png

Chester is a cub that looks like a panda.
Tangy is a cat that looks like an orange...
Vivian is a wolf that looks like a German Shepherd dog.

I love the ”not really this animal” villagers!

I see all of mine have been mentioned... With the exception of Camofrog and Rocco, all the others I love are in this category. Savannah (zebra), Anabelle (pangolin), Tucker (mammoth), Coco (gyriod), Flora (flamingo), Julia (peacock), Hans (yeti), Drago (dragon), Julian (unicorn) and Phoebe (phoenix).

All the ostriches villager aren't ostrich except one...

Blanche = Swan
Cranston = Crested Ibis
Flora = Flamingo
Gladys = Red-crowned crane
Julia = Peafowl male(!)
Phil = Pheasant
Phoebe = Phoenix
Queenie = Emu (her name may be a reference to Queensland, a state in Australia, where emus, a species of bird in the same infraclass as ostriches, can be found. - Wiki )
Sandy = Ostrich (she is the only villager who is clearly based on an true ostrich)
Sprocket = Ostrich Robot LOL

Coco is a haniwa, which isn't just a different species, but actually an inanimate object!

Erik (Moose)/ Lopez (Gazelle)/ Zell (Antelope)/ Blanche/Gladys/Cranston (Cranes)/Flora (Flamingo)/ Julia (Peacock)

Tucker is a mammoth not an elephant, and Papi is an okapi, not a horse!

edit: literally just saw these two were already mentioned so I guess I'll walk away in shame

Back