• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Villagers that resemble animals not technically of their species?

theindiegay

Bells
Hey all~

After awhile of keeping at least 1 of each villager and collecting all/a lot of the reactions/diys I will try to have a village of villagers who are... see title.

Contendors for my dream village...
Anabelle (pangolin, not anteater)
Beau (antelope, not deer)
Bianca (snow leopard, not tiger)
Blanche (crane, not ostrich)
Boone (mandrill, not gorilla)
Boris (boar, not pig)
Cranston (crane, not ostrich)
Drago (dragon, not alligator)
Erik (moose, not deer)
Flora (flamingo, not ostrich)
Gladys (crane, not ostrich)
Hans (yeti, not gorilla)
Julia (peacock, not ostrich)
Julian (unicorn, not horse)
Keaton (macaw, not eagle)
Kyle (african wild dog, not wolf)
Leonardo (leopard, not tiger)
Lopez (gazelle, not deer)
Papo (okapi, not horse)
Phil (pheasant, not ostrich)
Phoebe (phoenix, not ostrich)
Savannah (zebra, not horse)
Tammi (lemur, not monkey)
Tasha (skunk, not squirrel)
Tucker (wooly mammoth, not elephant)
Wart Jr. (toad, not frog)
Zell (blackbuck antelope, not deer)

maybe...
Audie (fox, not wolf)
Bruce (goat, not deer)
Chief (fox, not wolf)
Muffy (black sheep?)
Sylvana (ferret/weasel, not squirrel)

But am I missing others? They obviously don't have to be "real" animals... ex dragons or unicorns, but they need to be animals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fye
lopez is a deer that looks like a gazelle, and zell is a deer that, despite his name, looks like a blackbuck antelope!

this also might just be personal opinion, not sure how widely accepted it is, but audie looks more like a fox than a wolf to me

I kinda wish the game addressed this, like make them give their species correctly.

Also, to add to your list isn't there a horse that looks like a zebra? I don't remember her name. There's also Phil, he resembles some kind of pheasant (I think the wiki mentions what kind).

Also, Julia bothers me. She clearly looks like a male peafowl, females are much more boring.

bianca - snow leopard
phoebe - phoenix
blanche - crane / swan
savannah - zebra
wart jr - toad
leonardo - leopard

edit: also raddle, while he is a frog, is specifically a yellow poison dart frog which i think is so cool!

Last edited:
If you don't mind more species repeats Gladys, Blanche and Cranston are supposed to be cranes, not ostriches.
Beau and Erik are technically a reindeer and a moose, not deer.

edit: also Leonardo the leopard
Post automatically merged:

lopez is a deer that looks like a gazelle, and zell is a deer that, despite his name, looks like a blackbuck antelope!

this also might just be personal opinion, not sure how widely accepted it is, but audie looks more like a fox than a wolf to me
Was also just going to say the Audie looks like a fox too!

If you don't mind more species repeats Gladys, Blanche and Cranston are supposed to be cranes, not ostriches.
Beau and Erik are technically a reindeer and a moose, not deer.
Post automatically merged:

Was also just going to say the Audie looks like a fox too!

Beau is supposed to be an antelope, which are more closely related to cows than deer.

Ribbot - Robot Frog
Sprocket - Robot Ostrich
Dell - Machine Alligator
Stitches - Stuffed Toy Bear Cub
Coco - Gyroid Rabbit
Lucky - Dead Dog
Clay - Clay Dogu Hamster

After seeing these other posts I feel like the "deer" are really just various cervids and the "ostrich" is just used for any long-necked bird. They should just all be birds. I mean, look at the actual "bird" villager. They are all sorts of different species and even all have individual tail shapes and such.

I love the idea!
Honestly none of the male "deer" actually look like deer apart from maybe Bam
  • Zell is a gazelle (in his name)
  • Lopez is an antelope (also in his name)
  • Beau is an antelope too (his name is Lope in Spanish)
  • Erik is a moose (that's why his house is filled with ice furniture)
  • Bruce might be a goat (his catchphrase is "gruff" and his house has a lot of trash =P)
so you can have an all-deer village ;)

Last edited:
Blaire is the same as Tasha. Chief looks like a fox which is one of the reasons why he is my favorite wolfie.

kyle isn't a hyena, he's a painted wolf. they aren't technically wolves either but much closer related than a hyena.

oh this was said already it didn't show up when i ctrl+f'd fsdjk

Sylvana is one of the squirrel villagers but her markings make her look closer to a ferret or a weasel.
Sylvana_NH.png

Reactions: Fye
I kinda wish the game addressed this, like make them give their species correctly.

Also, to add to your list isn't there a horse that looks like a zebra? I don't remember her name. There's also Phil, he resembles some kind of pheasant (I think the wiki mentions what kind).

Also, Julia bothers me. She clearly looks like a male peafowl, females are much more boring.
Maybe she is a trans or gender fluid individual 🤔

Back