• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Villager Hunting General Thread

New island, new chances. Already wasted 50 NMT, but I did get Diana so it was worth it!

Just bought 100 more. I have one more plot to fill but I'm currently rebuilding so working my way towards the present for the next month as I have nothing else to do. x3

My targets are: Raymond, Genji, Fang, Coco, Biskit, Bunnie, Cherry. Those are my perm plans for now.

1. Biff
2. Rory
3. Maple

Aw, I just can't resist taking Maple for the time being.

Last edited:
In searching for one of my dreamies (marshal, maple, katt, grizzly, lily, Gabi, bill) I ended up spending over 60 NMTs over the span of three days. Passed on Diana (whom I had in NL and is still in my NLvillage now) merengue (same situation as Diana) and melba (I have 3 normals on my island now and cannot take more), running into Jacob the lazy bird four times(!!!) and end up settling for Fang since I like his house... I always had somewhat good luck prior to this experience, so I’m a bit terrified to go island hopping now since this time it took so long.

Perhaps my luck on island hopping is so bad that the next day after, Judy decided to shower my campsite with her majestic presence. Had to kick out zucker for her, but I’m excited to see her strolling around my town c:

I went island hopping

Apollo
Phoebe
Anabelle
Patty
Sherb
Rolf
Gruff
Tasha
Lyman
Gwen
Hans
Tank
Annalisa
Avery I'm so sorry you're so cool but I can't take you, if I see you again that's a sign and I will ok
Hippeux
Chrissy
Anabelle
Tia OMG SHES SO CUTE AHHHH
Sly
Cranston i have no idea who you are but I like your design
Fuchsia
Rooney

Elise
Hooper
Marina
Crackle
Keaton
Leopold
Miranda
Tammi
Queenie
Savannah
Jacques
Paula
Broffina
Cranston
Angus
Pudge
Tipper
Chadder
Francine
Muffy
Big Top
Melba
Spike
Eunice
Annalise
Freya
Truffles
Prince
Moose
Bea
Kabuki
Harry
Pashmina
Blanche
Pewee
Victoria
Fang
Frita
Erik
Tank
Pango
Ozzie
Soleil
Freya
Yuka
Nibbles
Claude
Apollo
Antonio
Bud
Kidd
Gloria
Tank
Ozzie
Maddie
Baabara
Stu
Broffina
Drake
Margie
Cheri
Bam
Prince
Genji
Rex
Marina
Nan
Goose
Genji AGAIN
Zell
Sparro cool looking bird
Greta
Carrie
Pompon
Stitches
Becky
Naomi
Bianca
Iggy
Hazel
Dobie
Camofrog
Benedict
Phil
Apple
Marcie
Celia
Flip
Merry
Ken
Ellie
Yuka
Savannah
Pango
Groucho
Moose
Cesar
Tia
Tasha
Carrie
Sprocket

.... he isn't who I was looking for but I was exhausted and his glowy eyes looked cool in the dark

another day of island hopping
just gonna use a max of 46 tickets this time, if I don't find anyone I'll let someone random move in ^^'

Broffina
Boots
Antonio
Tad
Nan
Vic
Rizzo
Rodeo
Violet
Pecan
Hopper
Tank
Rodeo
Gonzo
Alfonso
Fuchsia
Sprinkle
Teddy
Tybalt
Snake
Pashmina
Nan
Elise
Gwen
Pinky
Greta
T-Bone
Hornsby
Queenie
Olaf
Goldie
Fang
Boyd
Murphy
Bubbles
Punchy
Flip
Kidd
Tasha
Bluebear
Bonbon
Boris
Skye
Huck
T-Bone

so my random move in is ... Octavian
great I guess tting him out is my next goal

Pango left so I am starting my search. I am unsure who I am looking for, but I am open to most villagers.

Currently I have
Audie, Judy,Winnie,Savannah, Kidd,Ozzie,Sprinkle,Deirdre, and Dobie

Starting with Lobo. He would have joined my Island if I didn't get Dobie a week ago.
Al - No
Alli- She is so cute. Almost took her but I want to see who else I find.
Purrl - not a huge cat fan. Pass
Eunice - Haven't had a sheep yet, she is super cute. Passing for now but maybe a future villager.
Blanche - New villager. Judy is soon on her way out and I love having a snooty. She is very cute and I just lost Sandy when Dobie moved in so this is a great time for another ostrich.

Last edited:
burned through 50 NMT today trying to find axel for an open plot, alas no luck...I'll be TTing back to 5:30am before I sleep so that I can keep the plot open because I do NOT want to have to deal with random move-ins lol, took over a month to get that dang plot open!! annoyingly I did get a fair amount of cute villagers when island hopping but I really do just have my heart set on getting axel back 😅

Another day, another cycle. This time it'll be Raymond, Genji, Fang, Coco, Biskit, Bunnie, Cherry or no one.

1. Octavian
  2. Peanut
  3. Harry
  4. Rex
  5. Celia
  6. Gonzo
  7. Limberg
  8. Soleil
  9. Lionel
  10. Sparro
  11. Tammy
  12. Plucky
  13. Marina
  14. Axel
  15. Pashima
  16. Molly
  17. Margie
  18. Penepole
  19. Blanche
  20. Goose
  21. Rod
  22. Zell
  23. Jacques
  24. Frobert
  25. Victoria
  26. Bertha
  27. Puddles
  28. Boris
  29. Anabelle
  30. Carrie
  31. Hamphrey
  32. Graham
  33. Tipper
  34. Frita
  35. Dobie
  36. Clay
  37. Hans
  38. Paula
  39. Stella
  40. Alfonso
  41. Rolf
  42. Bitty
  43. Lobo
  44. Melba
  45. Tank
  46. Naomi
  47. Kidd
  48. Octavian
  49. Carrie
  50. Chadder

Update: 50 down, 100 to go

Last edited:
I accidentally refreshed the page while editing yesterday and took that as a sign to just hop and watch TV, but I got Coco at like ticket 70. (y)

I decided this morning I’m just going to go to different islands in search of the elusive Ankha and the second island I go to has JULIAN

He’s wonderful but not one of my dreamiest and....man I always find the wanted villagers and not my dreamiest 😂

That's happened to me a few times too. I was looking for Raymond but found lots of other great villagers like Sherb and Judy. I invited Judy because I figured I could trade her for some NMT to use toward Raymond but then I ended up really liking her. Ditto for Sherb.

I agree with you about Ankha. I have her on my gothic island and adore her.

Funny thing is that Julian is one of the few popular villagers that I have NOT run into! I’ve run into Ankha, Marshal, Raymond (twice!), Sherb (on multiple occasions) and I’m pretty sure that Judy wants to infiltrate my island with how often she pops up...

Funny thing is that Julian is one of the few popular villagers that I have NOT run into! I’ve run into Ankha, Marshal, Raymond (twice!), Sherb (on multiple occasions) and I’m pretty sure that Judy wants to infiltrate my island with how often she pops up...
the more elusive ankha gets the more I want her 😂

Relatable. The last couple of times I've been island hopping, I've run into my S/O's desired permanent villagers (and taken them in). 20% of my island is occupied by them. 😆

did a short bit of island hopping this morning. i only bought ten tickets at first bc i don't like to waste em (not that i spend my miles on anything else lol...and the extra nmt make for nice tips when selling turnips)

anyway!

claudia (this was hard to pass up bc she's really cute, i love her colors so much)
drago (he's so excellent! but i had him for a long time on acnl)
velma (kind of neat but i have two goats AND kidd was in my campsite today)
dora (cute but not what i was looking for! not that i...knew what i was looking for)
marcie (kind of cute but her lipstick weirds me out?)
tucker (oh he's cool...but he's not The One)
bea (adorable but,)
chevre (why the GOATS, acnh)
pancetti (i do not enjoy her)
and my last ticket nabbed me cyd!! very happy, crankies are my fave and he's very neat and i couldn't get an amiibo for him. i love that he showed up on the 10th ticket, i call that a success!

i missed island hopping...whenever judy asks to leave i'll be going again!

While I am stuck in campsite grind h*** trying to get this camper to replace someone I can bear to let go without a photo I thought i’d update on my island hopping adventures on my new island over the past month.

starting info - I got Flip and Reneigh as my starters, which I saw as very lucky because I am basing it on Pippi Longstocking, and she lives with a horse and a monkey. Anyway, I was neutral on both of them but now already love them.

Island hopping for villager #3:
1. Merry - I had literally said to my husband I would not take the first one I saw, because no rush, and a random would be fine even. But haha, I love merry so much, she is darling cute and I was so excited.

Island hopping for villager # 4:

was not even really keeping track but
1. Tucker
2. Midge
1-2 more maybe? I forget
4. Clay - I waffled, because even though he is cute and I love him, my husband has him. But ultimately invited him.

island hopping for #5
1. Bettina
2. Gladys - my favorite ostrich. A little sad that she won’t have her real house, but it’s okay, I invited her anyway!

so so far, feeling like I am having terrific luck! But who will my first camper be:

it was O’Hare! Not theme wise one of my top pics, but a super cute smug, who I actually find adorable (omg you should see him in his snow hat) so I think pretty lucky!

now down to serious business a setting up plots - aka, how I spent my staycation during thanksgiving week. I bought 150 nmt from the wonderful @LittleMissPanda just to be prepared!

and well...

1. Rocco - love him very tempted, it hate stopping on the first island and also not sure what/ how a cranky will fit on my new island theme
  2. Anchovy - cute hair
  3. Freya - oh hello old friend. I’m biased but I think you are one of the better wolves. But no repeats/ you are not a favorite (sorry)
  4. Patty
  5. Pecan - cuter than I remembered. Wish she had a little less of a ‘mature’ look
  6. Knox ugh - but sister fruit island, for the first time with this island! And it’s cherries, yay!
  7. Buck
  8. Peck - kinda cute
  9. Marina
  10. Anicotti - she’s pretty cute - may regret leaving her.
  11. Walt
  12. Mac - hooray! He’s someone I have been looking for! So cute and grumpy (in a good way) he’s been on my short list for awhile, what luck!​

1. Astrid
2. Sly
3. Phoebe
4. Spike - I wish he was a jock. It would be so cute to have a cute jock voice come out of him instead of the low cranky voice
5. Muffy! She’s so cute! I can’t say no to her ❤️

1. Angus
  2. Stu
  3. Marina
  4. Broffina - I don’t know why but I seriously considered her. Her house interior doesn’t suit her at all, and I don’t like her having lipstick on her beak but she is weirdly cute, and a snooty even.
  5. Norma
  6. Peewee
  7. Simon

1. Bitty - very cute and if this wasn’t the first island I would consider her
2. Lucha
3. Carrie
4. Celia
5. Yuka
6. Deli
7. Coach
8. Poncho - he’s so cute I kind of wanted to invite him.
9. Wendy - omg, I love her. But I really wanted to find a snooty. Or maybe a cranky. She’s very very cute. Who cares about types, I invited her!!

that went much quicker than expected! Less than 50 tickets for 10 villagers I love!

so I ended up with:
1. Reneigh
2. Flip
3. Merry
4. Clay
5. Gladys
6. O’Hare
7. Mac
8. Muffy
9. Simon
10. Wendy

And honestly, I love this lineup and feel like I really lucked out.

and so when I heard I had a camper today I literally thought, well I hope it isn’t someone too good, because I need to get photos and I am not done with these villagers yet.

and it is Judy:eek: - although I know she is both overhyped/ mega popular, and deeply polarizing, I have been hoping to come across her someday. I think she is really cute! And I love her house interior.

now I have to figure out who to let go (for now at least, as I am collecting amiibo cards at the moment).

I think I have an idea, but I don’t know whether to call this good luck (she is my 4th camper) or terrible luck (saying goodbye to someone too early😭)

so anyway, that’s the update from Villekulla!

Last time I wasted 150 tickets, now I get a dreamie with my 5th ticket. 🥴

i went island hopping for my 10th villager tonight! it took a bit longer than i anticipated but here is who i got on my island trips:
1. yuka
2. hugh
3. timbra
4. butch (one of my fav crankies, but not who i was looking for)
5. tybalt
6. cranston
7. rocco
8. tasha (thought it was blaire at first glance, considered taking her in)
9. coach
10. puddles (super cute!!! def wanted to take her, but decided not to)
11. jay
12. snake
13. octavian
14. knox
15. gwen
16. kevin
17. cesar
18. dom (ik hes popular but he just doesnt appeal to me haha)
19. ketchup (considered taking her, but nah)
20. anabelle
21. apple
22. tammi
23. admiral
24. julian (wanted to take him but ehhh)
25. curlos
26. alli
27. billy
28. PUDGE!! (hes been a dreamie for a looongg time, since NL, and now i finally have him^^)

im just glad it didnt take more than 30 nmt to find a villager i actually liked

Back