• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Unsure of island theme

xXJessXx

Bells
I decided to flatten my island due to this incredible new update we have. I’m definitely not stressed or overwhelmed with how to decorate my island but more so unsure of what direction to proceed forward.
Of course an island doesn’t need a specific aesthetic or theme but I find it helps me a lot so I know what items to get and find inspiration that best suits me.
This update included some amazing medieval themed items such as the knights and all of the castle items. It really made me want to do a medieval theme, however, I really love all of the ‘modern’ items too.
I’d love to do a Skyrim/Medieval/Witcher feeling island with fantasy and enchanted vibes to it.
However, I really love the new fairy lights item, all of the new plaza items and streetlights and some of these new items would be beautiful for christmas coming soon. I wouldn’t say it would look silly to cross both themes over but how can I do a medieval old theme but including fairy lights, vehicles etc etc.
I really wanted to make a new carnival and make some shops but how can I also include a farm with the new tractor, a potion store, a weaponsmith etc.
Of course I could just include anything I’d like, it’s my island after all and it doesn’t have to follow a certain rule but I’m unsure how to include multiple themes all at once.

You could have these themes in sections as if it is a country instead of an island. With terraforming, you could even have it by levels.
Some people who do city themes sometimes have an area fade off as if it is the outskirts or country side.

That’s true! People can be very creative, it’s mainly how I would do the transitional fade with multiple themes. I could do one half as a bit more modernised and then the higher levels at the back could be medieval :)

I decided to flatten my island due to this incredible new update we have. I’m definitely not stressed or overwhelmed with how to decorate my island but more so unsure of what direction to proceed forward.
Of course an island doesn’t need a specific aesthetic or theme but I find it helps me a lot so I know what items to get and find inspiration that best suits me.
This update included some amazing medieval themed items such as the knights and all of the castle items. It really made me want to do a medieval theme, however, I really love all of the ‘modern’ items too.
I’d love to do a Skyrim/Medieval/Witcher feeling island with fantasy and enchanted vibes to it.
However, I really love the new fairy lights item, all of the new plaza items and streetlights and some of these new items would be beautiful for christmas coming soon. I wouldn’t say it would look silly to cross both themes over but how can I do a medieval old theme but including fairy lights, vehicles etc etc.
I really wanted to make a new carnival and make some shops but how can I also include a farm with the new tractor, a potion store, a weaponsmith etc.
Of course I could just include anything I’d like, it’s my island after all and it doesn’t have to follow a certain rule but I’m unsure how to include multiple themes all at once.
I also very want to do a "medevil theme"...I have so many ideas swirling around in my head using the castle walls/tower/ gate, etc..... it would be very fun, but I also feel like I'd be limiting myself big time in regards to a lot of the new items....... The struggle is real.

I also very want to do a "medevil theme"...I have so many ideas swirling around in my head using the castle walls/tower/ gate, etc..... it would be very fun, but I also feel like I'd be limiting myself big time in regards to a lot of the new items....... The struggle is real.
This is exactly my struggle too! I’d love to do an entire island with just one theme but it would be a bit challenging, and there’s so many items that crossover so many different themes at once so I can’t ultimately decide 😅

I think i'm just going to go for it, the medevil theme.... I mean, it's what I really want to do.......lol, I tend to build and tear down, rinse and repeat anyway. It's going to be fun... Now, the tedious process of completely flattening..... 🙃

it’s mainly how I would do the transitional fade with multiple themes
I'm not sure about modern
But medieval and fairies are highly linked
And fairies are linked to carnivals with the whole mysterious magical stuff

So those 3 tie together very well

My theme random and rainbow.

idk probably better to do something just open like a general fantasy

Do a fallen world. Derelect or forgotten modern things, then newer looking medieval..as if the world ended and is being built back up. The citizens of the new world may very well wear armor, carry a sword, and listen to a boombox. Why not?

Make a whole story just for you about the end, and how your villagers met and began to make a new society. :)

All of these replies are so creative in ways I never would of thought of 😍 Thank you so much to everyone!

That’s true! People can be very creative, it’s mainly how I would do the transitional fade with multiple themes. I could do one half as a bit more modernised and then the higher levels at the back could be medieval :)
Sounds great. Many times where cities are built, old cities and ruins are on the outskirts like castles, temples, old abandoned resident areas. Especially on hills so they would have seen travelers coming in their time period.

Do a fallen world. Derelect or forgotten modern things, then newer looking medieval..as if the world ended and is being built back up. The citizens of the new world may very well wear armor, carry a sword, and listen to a boombox. Why not?

Make a whole story just for you about the end, and how your villagers met and began to make a new society. :)
I love this idea.

Like other said, maybe section it out? I am having the same dilemma with my town. I like both “dark” gothic looks with everything black, and then a pastel gothic look where everything is white or bright pink. My ideas was to use the River to section the town out into main sections with my theme in each section. I’ve seen a lot of dream towns that have done this and it looks great. I find that’s easier than having to choose one main theme.

Id section off certain areas of your island if you cant decide, keep it as that or if you find your drawn to one area more then you could spread it across your island.

I've seen some people do like a split island, one half as one an the other as somthing else, you could do like a time travel one, the past in one half the the future on the other half

My theme is hogwarts so I feel like I can have a sort of old an modern with it, I have London an King's Cross down front with privite drive an then hogwarts up the back

Back