• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

UGH! I hate plot-resetting!

Bells
So I just got Kiki to move out, so I tt'd 4 days so I can plot-reset for the next villager. While I was plot-resetting, I found that there were no houses. So I did it two more times, and still none. I finally decided that maybe the game counted it as 1 day when I tt'd and that I should tt a few more days. So next, instead on going on a new file, I went on my mayor. When it loaded, I was walking town and found a freaking plot that destroyed part of my paths!!! I was so filled with rage, literally! The other reason Im mad is because the villager moved in on a place where I was planning on building the campsite! Now I have to wait for 2 villagers to move before I can build it!

Rant over.

I know how you feel. Plot resetting takes an enormous amount of time. I've never messed up a plot reset before so I can't exactly share your frustration, but I understand it.

RIP paths :<
i've heard a lot about this happening, so it'd just be safe to just save your alternate chara no matter what to be safe (though i'm sure i need not point that out to you now).

Oh my gosh! Tell me about it! Some things that you don't expect can just sneak up behind you. Plot resetting takes lots of dedication and caution. If you mind your town being destroyed then why did you even plot reset. It's all your fault! I know you're mad, but you have no right to be mad at the game. You should be mad at yourself for taking that risk. Once, I was looking all over for one of my favorite villagers, Bertha, I pulled 3 all nighters and I still couldn't find her. Even all the normal villagers were just trying to eat up my town, i was so mad. But who was I mad at? My self. Yeah, stop being a daredevil and know what you're getting yourself into. Thanks!

I did this once and Olivia moved into a pretty good spot. Learned my lesson though, stop plot resetting if you feel yourself starting to doze off. lol

Oh my gosh! Tell me about it! Some things that you don't expect can just sneak up behind you. Plot resetting takes lots of dedication and caution. If you mind your town being destroyed then why did you even plot reset. It's all your fault! I know you're mad, but you have no right to be mad at the game. You should be mad at yourself for taking that risk. Once, I was looking all over for one of my favorite villagers, Bertha, I pulled 3 all nighters and I still couldn't find her. Even all the normal villagers were just trying to eat up my town, i was so mad. But who was I mad at? My self. Yeah, stop being a daredevil and know what you're getting yourself into. Thanks!

I plot reset to avoid the risk of my town being destroyed

I plot reset to avoid the risk of my town being destroyed

Exactly. If I hadn't plot reset for Mallary, she would have obliterated my perfect cherry orchard. Still, I understand your pain. Bunnie had done that to me in the exact place I planned to plant my normal fruit orchard before I knew of the concept of plot resetting.

I had this great map, 9 villagers all lived on the second, separate part of my town. I was super pleased with it. Of course I waited patiently for a nice 10th to appear in the campsite. When they did I eagerly ran up to invite them, they say they'll move in. Happily I bounce back to town TT two days or so and... once of my boyfriend's ex-townies decided to plonk her house on the wrong side of town. :(

Depressed.

I've been plot-resetting Ozzie's house for a few hours already and it does take a while. I want all my villagers to be located in the southern part of the city and he's the 10th one ( so only one left). I want him to move to one specific area location close to other 3 villager houses but he refuses xd. There is space though, and he can even put his house in 4 different places ( the zone is small but he can move his house). It doesn't need to be perfect for me but I need him to move there...

I never plot reset, waste of time.
It's not a way of time if you have a good town planned and in the final stages ( like me). If you're town is a mess of course it doesn't matter lol. I didn't care about it before but now I plot-reset for some specific areas ( no exactly one spot). If one villager were to move where I didn't want ( because my town is already full of gardens, plazas, etc) my working hard would down the drain and I'd have to make a villager I like move out just for the 10th one to move out too. My town is almost how I want it to be, after 1 year of work, and it's not a Koala who will destroy it lol.

Last edited:
I can't plot reset because It's way too boring and takes up way too much time. I had to plot reset for 2 hours just to get a house that wasn't in a horrible spot. Also, It's hard to tell when someone's going to move in (Unless you just started the game.), so I had to start a new character every day just to see if there was a house. I guess It's good for a town that wants to look really nice, but I think It's just boring. :\

I've been plot-resetting Ozzie's house for a few hours already and it does take a while. I want all my villagers to be located in the southern part of the city and he's the 10th one ( so only one left). I want him to move to one specific area location close to other 3 villager houses but he refuses xd. There is space though, and he can even put his house in 4 different places ( the zone is small but he can move his house). It doesn't need to be perfect for me but I need him to move there...

It's not a way of time if you have a good town planned and in the final stages ( like me). If you're town is a mess of course it doesn't matter lol. I didn't care about it before but now I plot-reset for some specific areas ( no exactly one spot). If one villager were to move where I didn't want ( because my town is already full of gardens, plazas, etc) my working hard would down the drain and I'd have to make a villager I like move out just for the 10th one to move out too. My town is almost how I want it to be, after 1 year of work, and it's not a Koala who will destroy it lol.

Yeah, about 75% of my town is completed so villager locations is very critical for me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't plot reset because It's way too boring and takes up way too much time. I had to plot reset for 2 hours just to get a house that wasn't in a horrible spot. Also, It's hard to tell when someone's going to move in (Unless you just started the game.), so I had to start a new character every day just to see if there was a house. I guess It's good for a town that wants to look really nice, but I think It's just boring. :\

Exactly the same for me! God, I wish house placements weren't so random...

I sorta had that happen today but I wasnt Plot Resseting I was getting on and I got on as a Mayor and saw that Quilson is moving in and he put his house down on this heart that I made of flowers (Red, White, and Pink roses) Luckly he only destroyed 2 Red Roses and I was able to move to heart 1 space to the left.

Yeah, about 75% of my town is completed so villager locations is very critical for me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yesterday after 4 resets Ozzie's plot wouldn't change location and I thought "I screwed up somewhere" and immidiatly felt like giving up on the town. He did move though and I'm currently resetting... I wish I had placed pwps in the places villagers like to go. 80% of the time Ozzie puts his house in the same 6 locations and only 20% in others ( and until now never where I want him, not even close)

Yesterday after 4 resets Ozzie's plot wouldn't change location and I thought "I screwed up somewhere" and immidiatly felt like giving up on the town. He did move though and I'm currently resetting... I wish I had placed pwps in the places villagers like to go. 80% of the time Ozzie puts his house in the same 6 locations and only 20% in others ( and until now never where I want him, not even close)

I just plot-resetted Julian. I don't want him but hopefully I can make money off him so I can buy Rodeo. Im not rich since I spend my money on pwp's lol. Also because he was one space to the right of where I was planning on planting a houe on, but idrc.

Thats why you always use a new villager when someone can move in, after someone leaves it can take up to 5-6 days to have an almost garantee there will be a move in, the fact that it happed just 2 days after someone left are lower but possible as it happened to you.

I just plot-resetted Julian. I don't want him but hopefully I can make money off him so I can buy Rodeo. Im not rich since I spend my money on pwp's lol. Also because he was one space to the right of where I was planning on planting a houe on, but idrc.

I'm still plot-resetting. I wonder if he'll ever plot his house where I want... I made money with turnips using my friend's game (twice) and I do spend it all on my village ( pwps but also expanding my alt's house). I have 6 million left after building almost everything I want, and it's more than enough because I don't buy villagers so I don't need more money :)

I tried plot resetting to get a new villager, but then I ended up losing Sprinkle because of that...
......Whoops...

Me too..but i can't get it to work for me at all. After I scout for the new plot and close it out and all that, when I go to scout again the plot isn't in a new spot, but gone completely and it takes 3 days to show up again. Not sure what I've done wrong D:

Back