• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

TT'ing Villagers Out Question?

Aerchan

Chief Floral Officer
Bells
Red Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Hey y'all,

I haven't TT'd any villager out since my New Leaf days. I've either used amiibo cards or had villagers naturally move out. I cannot figure out how to do it this time around. I've followed several different sets of instructions (TT'ing 15 days in the future, then going day by day until..., TT'ing 10 days in the future resetting to 5 AM before Isabelle's announcement and soft resetting... etc). Is there a tried and true method? I TT'd to high heaven and my island is overgrown with flowers and weeds and from all that, all different methods & different weeks, only 2 villagers wanted to move (obviously not the One I wanted). Also I keep getting thought bubbles during this time but they're 'didn't you say you wanted this?...' and catch phrase change requests. The villager I wanted out finally thought bubbled and I was amped but she wanted to give me a chair. AAAAAAAAA!!!! I'm SO AGGRAVATED!! Poor Tangy is currently fenced in inside her house until I figure out what to do with her :(

Is there one FOOLPROOF METHOD to get my villager off my island? I used to be really good and quick at it in New Leaf but I'm baffled now! I'm so grateful for any and all help - thank you so much!!!

Just a heads up, if the person you want to move out is the last villager to move in, then they will never ask to leave.
Unfortunately there's no real cut and dry method to get a specific person to move out other than time traveling a bunch and hoping for RNG to have mercy on you.

The best method is amiibo. New Leaf amiibo are still compatible with New Horizons.
  • Invite a villager to your campsite by examining the ABD machine inside the Resident Services.
  • Once invited, talk to the villager on the campsite and craft the item s/he requested.
  • Do this on 3 different days (you can TT a day forward if you want it faster).
  • After giving the item on the 3rd request, talk to them until they decide to move in. Replace the village you want to kick out.

Just a heads up, if the person you want to move out is the last villager to move in, then they will never ask to leave.
Unfortunately there's no real cut and dry method to get a specific person to move out other than time traveling a bunch and hoping for RNG to have mercy on you.
....NO WAY. Tangy was my last to move in! OH MY GOD. I already have her photo and I don't want to lose any of my other villagers. I really want to island hunt. So unless someone else goes first, I can only get her out via campsite visitor or amiibo? CURSES. Also, what is RNG? Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

The best method is amiibo. New Leaf amiibo are still compatible with New Horizons.
  • Invite a villager to your campsite by examining the ABD machine inside the Resident Services.
  • Once invited, talk to the villager on the campsite and craft the item s/he requested.
  • Do this on 3 different days (you can TT a day forward if you want it faster).
  • After giving the item on the 3rd request, talk to them until they decide to move in. Replace the village you want to kick out.
Thank you so much, I have used amiibos in NH and have really enjoyed the convenience! I'm unfortunately looking to island hunt for my next villagers. I so appreciate the advice though!

....NO WAY. Tangy was my last to move in! OH MY GOD. I already have her photo and I don't want to lose any of my other villagers. I really want to island hunt. So unless someone else goes first, I can only get her out via campsite visitor or amiibo? CURSES. Also, what is RNG? Thank you!

Thank you so much, I have used amiibos in NH and have really enjoyed the convenience! I'm unfortunately looking to island hunt for my next villagers. I so appreciate the advice though!

Ah. I see. Well, here's a comprehensive move-out guide you can look at:

Also RNG means Random Number Generator. Basically means "hope you are lucky enough and the game provides you with what you want". In other terms, good luck.

Also RNG means Random Number Generator. Basically means "hope you are lucky enough and the game provides you with what you want". In other terms, good luck.
THIS IS FASCINATING. Thank you so much!!!! I just want Tangy out (I have her photo) and then Marina can move too (but I don't have her photo yet even though we're besties and she's been with me forever. baaaah). I really appreciate the help and guide!!

Whenever I want someone to move out I tt everday day I go into my game walk around my island not talking to anyone just sort of run around. It usually takes me about 5 days of logging in and running around my island for the thought bubble to pop up over an islanders head.

Whenever I want someone to move out I tt everday day I go into my game walk around my island not talking to anyone just sort of run around. It usually takes me about 5 days of logging in and running around my island for the thought bubble to pop up over an islanders head.
Thank you!!! :)

This is the method that I use outside of amiibos:
I believe villagers ask to move out every two weeks, so I time travel forward each day, looking for villagers with a thought bubble. Once you find a villager with a thought bubble (they should have it right away, at the very beginning), talk to the villager and tell them to either move or stay. If it isn't the villager you want to move and after you tell them to stay, you can cycle forward a day and then back a day to cycle the villagers with the thought bubble.

This is the method that I use outside of amiibos:
I believe villagers ask to move out every two weeks, so I time travel forward each day, looking for villagers with a thought bubble. Once you find a villager with a thought bubble (they should have it right away, at the very beginning), talk to the villager and tell them to either move or stay. If it isn't the villager you want to move and after you tell them to stay, you can cycle forward a day and then back a day to cycle the villagers with the thought bubble.
thank you so much for your help!

Hi - me again! If I got a villager to move out using TT, what do I do now? Do I TT backwards to the current time and she'll be in boxes? If I go backwards will I miss my chance and her house will be gone? When can I start villager hunting? omg i'm sorry to ask so many questions - I promise this'll be the last time you hear from me. Thank you!!!

Hi - me again! If I got a villager to move out using TT, what do I do now? Do I TT backwards to the current time and she'll be in boxes? If I go backwards will I miss my chance and her house will be gone? When can I start villager hunting? omg i'm sorry to ask so many questions - I promise this'll be the last time you hear from me. Thank you!!!
DO NOT TT backwards! I did that once when a villager agreed to move, and the villager wasn't in boxes. They'd already moved. AND their lot was taken by a random villager I didn't want! So, if you're planning to island hop, that's a bad move.

Instead, TT a day forward. They were be in-boxes and you can say final goodbyes. Then travel one more day forward (just one!) Their lot will now be available and you're all set for island hopping. I've tried to TT forward two days to skip the goodbyes, but the last time I did it, the villager apparently waited for me to say goodbye.

Also, remember random villagers can move into the lots if you don't fill them yourself. If multiple days pass while island hopping, I recommend TTing to keep it the same day. Just make sure not to let the clock EVER pass midnight 5 AM (I'm 99% that's the time) because that is when it can happen. So, let's say you're island hopping on the 29th and quit for the night at 11 PM, planning to continue the next day. You'll want to TT back to, say, 7 A.M. or so, and the next day, you should be set to keep going. But letting it pass midnight or 5 AM, from personal experience, gets the lot filled.

DO NOT TT backwards! I did that once when a villager agreed to move, and the villager wasn't in boxes. They'd already moved. AND their lot was taken by a random villager I didn't want! So, if you're planning to island hop, that's a bad move.

Instead, TT a day forward. They were be in-boxes and you can say final goodbyes. Then travel one more day forward (just one!) Their lot will now be available and you're all set for island hopping. I've tried to TT forward two days to skip the goodbyes, but the last time I did it, the villager apparently waited for me to say goodbye.

Also, remember random villagers can move into the lots if you don't fill them yourself. If multiple days pass while island hopping, I recommend TTing to keep it the same day. Just make sure not to let the clock EVER pass midnight 5 AM (I'm 99% that's the time) because that is when it can happen. So, let's say you're island hopping on the 29th and quit for the night at 11 PM, planning to continue the next day. You'll want to TT back to, say, 7 A.M. or so, and the next day, you should be set to keep going. But letting it pass midnight or 5 AM, from personal experience, gets the lot filled.
THIS IS AMAZING INFORMATION!!! Okay so I go a day forward and say goodbye, then go another day forward and I can island hop. After I get the villager from island hopping when can I return to today's date or do I have to live in the future? I remember New Leaf being so much easier with TT, unless I just don't remember it anymore LOL. THANK YOU!!!

THIS IS AMAZING INFORMATION!!! Okay so I go a day forward and say goodbye, then go another day forward and I can island hop. After I get the villager from island hopping when can I return to today's date or do I have to live in the future? I remember New Leaf being so much easier with TT, unless I just don't remember it anymore LOL. THANK YOU!!!
As soon as a villager agrees to move in, you should be set. I always TT exactly one day forward to move them in "naturally" (as naturally as possible without TT, lol) but, I'm pretty sure, if you set the date back to the correct one they'll still move in. I'm just paranoid, lol. But, once they're settled in, you can TT freely without worry!

And... I honestly don't even remember how it worked in ACNL at this point. I... don't remember that much about the game.
All I know is ACNH. ACNH is my life now 😂

Oh this was so incredibly helpful, thank you so so so much!!!! That being said, I do have Marina available (she has been gifted) but she's free to you if you'd like!!! You made my ACNH life so much easier!! :D

As soon as a villager agrees to move in, you should be set. I always TT exactly one day forward to move them in "naturally" (as naturally as possible without TT, lol) but, I'm pretty sure, if you set the date back to the correct one they'll still move in. I'm just paranoid, lol. But, once they're settled in, you can TT freely without worry!

And... I honestly don't even remember how it worked in ACNL at this point. I... don't remember that much about the game.
All I know is ACNH. ACNH is my life now 😂
Oh this was so incredibly helpful, thank you so so so much!!!! That being said, I do have Marina available (she has been gifted) but she's free to you if you'd like!!! You made my ACNH life so much easier!! :D

That's super sweet, but I'm actually set! Marina's is one of the random Amiibos I happen to have, lol. But you could always check to see if someone else here wants her! I know she's rather popular (and for good reason, she's so precious).

Serabee is right! i just moved out a villager for a trade; something that ive never done before and thats the exact methods that we used too. i already had another villager that i was buying to take my booted villagers place though; but it did work perfectly.

Back