• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

town ideas you've had but cannot use?

Charcolor

icon: mayor maker by kyoosh
Bells
Switch
4805-1672-6310
Yellow Lily
Yellow Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
some people have many new leaf towns because they've acquired several copies of the game, and some of us don't have the time or money. (actually, i did have the opportunity to buy a used copy of the game last week when i was at the mall with my friends, but it would have required me to spend all the money i had left and i didn't want to risk it in case i saw something i wanted to buy later. i bought a celeste amiibo instead.)

some people also just reset their towns when they have new ideas for what they want to do with it. personally, i can't bring myself to do that. maybe in the distant future when online play on the 3ds is shut down (because, let's face it, that'll happen eventually) and i end up losing all the sentiments i have for aoki, but right now i can't. there are too many precious bits.

naturally, i've had ideas for extra towns i'd want to make if i could. the one i've been most fond of is a story town based off of alice human sacrifice, which is a pretty old and pretty well-known vocaloid song that...honestly isn't that good but i like the story and melody, even if it's super edgy. i made a house for alice (the koala) once in HHD inspired by it, but i could do lots more with a full town. each of the four houses could represent one of the "alices." i guess all the humans would be named "alice," which would be confusing, so maybe i could alter each one's spelling or capitalization a bit or something. i could probably find ways to incorporate most of the things described the song, like the red path left by the first alice, blue roses for the second, and a castle for the third. since the fourth alice is actually two people, i could probably use the mannequins somehow. and the fate of the fourth alice is left super ambiguous, so i would have to improvise there.

anyway, you didn't come here to watch me infodump about an old vocaloid song. is anyone else in the boat of having ideas for extra towns that they can't make for one reason or another? i think it'd be fun to read them as long as they aren't confidential or anything.

Camp Crystal Lake.

Very forested and run down, get the rattiest shack looking house items possible from Nook, the villagers all being Jock, Peppy or Snooty types. Maybe exactly one Normal villager who gets to be the one who lives... xD I’m not a big fan of Friday the 13th, but my brother is, so I got the idea the more he kept talking about it. But, I’ve got two towns to work with as it is xD

I’d want to skip the fruit trees and go heavy on the cedars and oaks. It would be the darkest, greenest forest in the land. All the human characers would be strange ppl living in tiny cabins with magic and books. I think the flowers would mostly be black. Maybe one day?

I had an idea for a town which is built on the ruins of an ancient civilization. There would be a section which is fairly modern and inhabited, and another which has been long abandoned.

I don't want to buy another New Leaf cartridge though, so that idea will probably never happen.

Lately I’ve been riding the fire emblem fates love train. An idea I’ve had was to create Nohr and have Xander, Camilla, Leo and Elise. I would have a copy with an empty space for a new town but right now I’m to focused on my current town and I’m just not sure how to pull off a decent Nohr and what to do with their houses...

I used all of the ideas that came to mind.

I wanted a horror-themed town and that is my main town. Although since it was my earliest (not counting the original that I deleted to make this one), and I was foolish enough to reset for villagers instead of a good map layout, it's kind of bad. I make do with it anyway.

I wanted a town that was composed of villagers from all the bird species and I have that as well. I just need to get the Normal Public Works Projects off of Gladys and replace her with Julia and I'll have that town completed.

My other town was initially just a place for my leftover favorite villagers that didn't fit the themes of the other towns, but that idea eventually morphed into a hybrid circus/magic show-themed town. That said, this decision on the last one left some of the leftover villagers I intended to keep in that town replaced again, so I intend to add them to the upcoming town on the Animal Crossing game coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.

I wanted an academic town, where every house would be an educational facility (kindergarten, elementary school, high school and university) and every villager would be a student living next to the school they went to. So next to the kindergarten there would be only small villagers like Penelope, the high school would have the teenager looking ones, etc.
Maybe I'll make it in the Switch version! :)

I wanted an academic town, where every house would be an educational facility (kindergarten, elementary school, high school and university) and every villager would be a student living next to the school they went to. So next to the kindergarten there would be only small villagers like Penelope, the high school would have the teenager looking ones, etc.
Maybe I'll make it in the Switch version! :)

That’s such a cute idea! You could create a campus, a playground for the kindergarten etc.
I really like it!

I once had an idea where on one side of the river would be a beautiful foresty town and on the other it would be run down, messy, and spooky but it's hard to find a map that's evenly split and the game doesn't offer many creepy pwp. So I lost interest.

I have so many town ideas. In addition to my main town, I intend to create at least one more and right now the plan is for it to be Nocturne. I already have a 2nd 3DS and a 2nd copy of the game, but right now I'm using it to time travel for weeds to help my main town's mayor complete her badges.

1. Town Name: Nocturne
Theme - Night/Victorian/Gothic
Color Scheme - Purple/Blue/Black/White
Mayor Amethyst and Azure are sisters. Amethyst is the oldest and moved away to start a family, but she lost her husband and child in an accident. She is secretly practicing alchemy in her basement to try to bring them back. Azure, her younger sister, moved to the town to help Amethyst through her grief and runs a public house (part museum/bath house/bar/orchestra).
Town Tune: Beethoven's Silence
Villagers: Becky, Yuka, Pango (or Piper?), Diva (or Muffy?), Rhonda, Bruce, Hans, Zell, Rodeo (or Jeremiah?), Jay

2. Town Name: Journey
Theme: World Tour
Mayor: Gaea (Mother Earth)
The town is full of villagers that represent different parts of the world. The landscaping around their houses and the PWPs in that area are fitting for that part of the world.
Villagers: Ankha (Egypt - Pyramid, Sphinx)
Coco & Clay (Island - Moai Statue, Fire pit)
Savannah & Boone (African plains)
Klaus (Rome - Statue Fountain, Flower Arch, Wisteria Trellis)
Avery (Americas - Totem Pole, Campground, Geyser)
Kabuki (Japan - Zen Bell/Garden, Hot Springs?)
Knox (UK - Stonehenge, Stone Tablet)
Vic (Viking - Lighthouse)

3. Town Name: Feilan
Theme: Enchanted Forest
Mayor Lilith is a druid who uses her magic to bestow human traits upon the woodland creatures.
Fenrir is a wild wolfboy who lives in a small shack in the forest.
Villagers: Pecan, Gabi, Deirdre, Hazel, Maple, Wolfgang, Kyle, Cole, Erik, Teddy (or Peck or Sparro?)

4. Town Name: Edolas
Theme: Fairy Tail
All of the villagers would be based on the Exceeds (flying cats) in Fairy Tail, but I didn't dig too deeply into this theme because I couldn't find enough villagers that represented the characters I was looking for. Not all of them were going to be cats, though. I think Frobert makes a perfect Frosch and Hamphrey is Panther Lily.

5. Town Name: Palais
Theme: Phantom of the Opera
The mayor would be the Phantom and would live in the beautiful, extravagant opera house.
I didn't finish narrowing down all the villagers, but this is what I came up with:
Alice = Christine
Colton = Raoul
Beardo & Cousteau = The Opera Managers
Penelope = Meg Giry
Diva = Carlotta
Blanche = Sorelli
Gaston = The Author!

a idea that i've had since i began the game has been a enchanted forest with all the houses made of wood + brick & lots of nice rivers & trees w/ mostly cat + deer villagers. the name would be faiban. lots of public works projects having to do with plants & nature like fences , picnic blankets etc! it sounds so basic yet its so nice in my mind!

I love murder mystery stuff and whodunnit type things so I wanted to make a town based on that where you have to solve the mystery. 2 years ago I actually bought a digital copy of NL so I could have two towns, but I never used it because every time I made a town I would reset right after and then I just lost interest in the game.

I haven't yet to come to the point where I can say whether I can or cannot use "this idea"... even after having been playing for nearly 6 years.......

I've had the ideas rolling around in my head of a Farm town with all kinds of barnyard animals, and also a Camping town with lots of tents and camp activities for villagers. I'm hoping the Switch version will allow for a bunch of towns so we can experiment more with town themes!

These ideas are all so adorable! I love how with the same items, PWPS, and villagers, everyone can make such vastly different towns with different themes. I am constantly wowed by the creativity of this community!

I've tried to do a horror town before. Lost steam when my 3DS broke and it took months to get it fixed. I'd still like to do that again.

But what I really want to do is so simple. I am in love with the Japanese city of Nara that has deer just wandering around, walking up to people. I really want to make a zen town and have all the deer villagers living in it. It definitely wouldn't be fancy or creative, but it would make me really happy. I would, of course, name the town Nara. I'm thinking for the color scheme, I would have lots of soft browns, greens, lilacs, and pinks. I'm going to do that one day. Maybe when I'm done landscaping/decorating Mistwood, I'll upload the DA and let it live on forever that way and then finally make Nara.

Or maybe I'll save Nara for when the switch comes out. Who knows. ;)

when i was playing the game, i was watching this youtuber in a let's play of the game.
and i tried a bit to make it look like the town in his own let's play, but ended up with my own kind of ''summer-ish'' vibe to my town that i quite like.

i had some ideas to make it more unique in my own style, with underrated PWP's and such, but ended up with what i now have.
and i don't regret it now, but i did way back then.

a city village! full of paths making it look like a modern city! :) all the villagers could wear work attire and itd be super cute haha

this is more in regards to the limitations of the game itself, and not anything i can do in reality without hacking. which i would rather not do. even if i knew how, i'd rather not.

i want to put a bench next to retail, but i cant, because of its position on my map, and also because it has to be kind of far away from it to even put one down in the first place. wouldn't it be nice to have a bench near it? i want one there so i can sit in that spot and idle while i wait for cyrus to finish customizing my item. i know i can sit anywhere else, but i'd like it to be there.

some people have many new leaf towns because they've acquired several copies of the game, and some of us don't have the time or money. (actually, i did have the opportunity to buy a used copy of the game last week when i was at the mall with my friends, but it would have required me to spend all the money i had left and i didn't want to risk it in case i saw something i wanted to buy later. i bought a celeste amiibo instead.)

some people also just reset their towns when they have new ideas for what they want to do with it. personally, i can't bring myself to do that. maybe in the distant future when online play on the 3ds is shut down (because, let's face it, that'll happen eventually) and i end up losing all the sentiments i have for aoki, but right now i can't. there are too many precious bits.

naturally, i've had ideas for extra towns i'd want to make if i could. the one i've been most fond of is a story town based off of alice human sacrifice, which is a pretty old and pretty well-known vocaloid song that...honestly isn't that good but i like the story and melody, even if it's super edgy. i made a house for alice (the koala) once in HHD inspired by it, but i could do lots more with a full town. each of the four houses could represent one of the "alices." i guess all the humans would be named "alice," which would be confusing, so maybe i could alter each one's spelling or capitalization a bit or something. i could probably find ways to incorporate most of the things described the song, like the red path left by the first alice, blue roses for the second, and a castle for the third. since the fourth alice is actually two people, i could probably use the mannequins somehow. and the fate of the fourth alice is left super ambiguous, so i would have to improvise there.

anyway, you didn't come here to watch me infodump about an old vocaloid song. is anyone else in the boat of having ideas for extra towns that they can't make for one reason or another? i think it'd be fun to read them as long as they aren't confidential or anything.

I recently reset to get this town done I?ve wanted to do for a while. It is a town with an asylum and the main character is a psychotic doctor who has bodies stored in the basement.

I have had some town ideas that I tried, but never went throu all the way. One was a bohemian town, full of plants, light and airy, with villagers who are just chillin there. Another was a moon and star theme, a zen theme, modern city, forest, a dark horror and a pastel creepy town.

Even thou I gave been able to get multiple copies of the game, there are still town ideas I try at, but then realize I either don't want to do it anymore -horror town- it's quite hard -pastel creepy- or I try and fail -every other town theme I've tried thus far.

Back