• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Pokémon Top 10 Favorite MC Characters in the Pokémon Games?

Top 10 Favorite MC Characters in the Pokémon Games?

• Red/Fire Red

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Blue (Leaf Green)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Krys/Crystal

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Ethan

• Lyra

• May

• Brendan

• Dawn

• Lucas

• Hilbert

• Hilda

• Nathan

• Rosa

• Calem

• Serena

• Moon

• Sun

• Selene

• Elio

• Elaine

• Chase

• Victor

• Gloria

• Other

• I Don't Have A Favorite

• I Like Them All Equally

• Pokémon Is Still A Thing?

• Total voters

Blood Eclipse

𖤐 ♱ 𖤐
Bells
Island
Flick Halloweaster Egg
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
Bloodshot Potion
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Voodoo Doll
maincharacters.png

1. Hilda.
My favorite would be Hilda. I like how she isn't overly cute or too 'girly'. I feel like if the MC character is too cute, then I have to make their team cute too or it wouldn't pair well, sort of like wearing hiking boots with a prom dress.

2. Ethan.
I played as Ethan in my Heart Gold and Soul Silver cartridge, only because I thought Lyra looked a little too much like Mario. Red shirt; blue overalls I couldn't unthink it. I also like Ethan's design more and Gold was one of my favorites in the manga besides Red, Blue (female), Green, Silver, and Sapphire (May) so it was a plus for me.

3. Blue (Leaf Green/Green)
I like her because she was one of my favorite characters in the manga, even though she could be annoying at times. I kind of like her design too, but I do prefer how she looks in the Let's Go games, despite not liking the games or having bought them, her design looks way better there and closely resembles the manga version of Blue

Let's Go:
pokemon-letsgo-official-artbook-green-concept-nov242018-1038x576.jpg

Manga:
250px-Green_RGB_chapter_Adventures.png

4. May
I like her design, too and for the same reasons I like Blue, I also like her, too - she was also a favorite of mine in the manga.

5. Brendan
This brendan
2655800-2788172583-Ruby_.jpg

I liked that out of all the other male MCs, he was the one that least resembled Red. His hat, which I thought was his actual hair and was disappointed to find out wasn't, is the most unique out of the others. I was hoping his hair was actually white to further make him, not only unique but cool. Why can't the main characters have pastel colored hair or white hair, something not so bland and ordinary?
:(

6. Red (not Ash)
I don't want to place Red at a lower number, so I'll list him as #6. I like Red (not to be confused with Ash. That name must remain unspoken of.) Red in the manga was my #1 favorite character and the Red from Pok?mon *origins was also really awesome. I'm just not a fan of his text speech though [...].

7. Dawn
I like her character Design. That's about it. She reminds me a bit of Rukia from bleach only with longer hair.

8. Nate
His game design. I also like the character in the manga.

9. Serena

10. Moon?
I really like her design too.

Last edited:
I can only select one option in the poll... :(

Anyway, my ten would be Lucas, Dawn, Nathan, Rosa, Hilda, Hilbert, May, Brendan, Lyra, and Ethan, in that order. Basing this purely off of generations, as generation four is very special to me, I think Lucas is really cool and Dawn as well. The generation five MCs are next for me as generation five was fun and I thought some of the designs for them were well done. Generations three and two are last because while I liked the designs and their personalities, those generations aren’t as memorable to me. :)

I can only select one option in the poll... :(

Mistake number #103728261739

#1 Can be the one chosen on the poll then the rest can be listed, I guess, I wouldn't know what to retitle it this thread though, so I'll just keep it as is.

Mistake number #103728261739

#1 Can be the one chosen on the poll then the rest can be listed, I guess, I wouldn't know what to retitle it this thread though, so I'll just keep it as is.

That works! I wouldn’t worry about it too much, lol. We’ve all made mistakes when making polls before. Anyway, I think it’s cool how you gave detailed explanations for each of your choices, and I think this idea for a thread is really cool as well. :D

Out of all characters, Lyra is my favorite. I like her design a lot and in general were Heart Gold and Soul Silver my favorite Pokemon games for the Nintendo DS next to Diamond and Black.

Last edited:
I personally like them all equally. I've played every game in the series except for Crystal, so I like all the girl characters. Never really played as the males, so not sure on them.

1) Gloria: While I'm greatly disappointed in the Pok?dex situation in Sword & Shield, I can't say that the games are all bad. The memes featuring Gloria and her Scottish accent and mannerisms that sprang up after Sword & Shield were announced were fun and have made her a favorite of mine even though the games haven't even been released yet. She has a nice design all around by default, and she's in a game with what would appear to be the most extensive trainer customization thus far, so that's great.

2) Selene: On face value, Selene should be in 3rd Place for me, but I gave her the 2nd Place spot due to her games having access to the Dye Shops in the Festival Plaza, allowing for further clothing customization. Also Sun & Moon added another skin color to choose from, so that was good, though at the same time we lost the orange/redhead hair color option and that was unfortunate. The more options for people the better, and she's the best we've gotten in regards to that as of right now.

3) Serena: She would be in the 2nd Place spot on face value since I like her design in general way more than Selene's and, for the most part, prefer the customization options found in X & Y. However, she loses some points for her games being too easy and because, while her games introduced trainer customization, you couldn't remove the hats.

4) Hilda: I have a good amount of affection for the Generation V games, and Hilda has my favorite design of a player character outside of the games that feature Trainer Customization.

5) Kris: I was quite happy when they introduced the female player character option in Crystal and have been choosing them a majority of the time ever since. Design looks nice enough, not the best out there but I greatly prefer her over Lyra. Absolutely dislike Lyra's design and, while I understand why they changed it up, I wish they kept Kris anyway.

6) Dawn: Just a solid design overall, I think. Also, it was neat that she had different outfits depending on whether you were playing Diamond & Pearl or Platinum.

7) Calem: Calem has the best male trainer design as far as I'm concerned. Just a cool look and his default outfit flows together well. He also has the benefit of being in a game featuring trainer customization, so yeah. Definitely deserves a spot. While I tend to mostly pick the female character options most of the time in games, as I said earlier, there is at least one cartridge of mine where I chose Calem.

8) Leaf: I would have put Elaine in this spot if we were only to judge the initial Leaf design since I'm not particularly fond of it, but she looks really cool in the Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! games. It's kind of a shame that you couldn't actually play as her in the Let's Go games.

9) Elaine: Elaine gets the final female ranking on the list and beats out May, despite being pretty plain, because May's hair is a bit strange in my opinion. Also, I checked the trainer customization in Let's Go while I put this post together and, while it's not very extensive compared to the previous games, it's something at least. I quite enjoy ORAS and have never touched the Let's Go games, but it is what it is, sorry May.

10) Ethan: Ethan snags the last spot in the Top 10 based mostly on nostalgia and because of his hat. That hat makes him one of the most memorable player characters for me. I like that Pikachu has it as an alternate costume choice in Super Smash Bros. and tend to pick that look if I choose to play as Pikachu. Also, I have fondness for Gold/Silver/Crystal and HeartGold/SoulSilver and, considering Lyra's less than great design, he's the rare exception where I favor him over his female counterpart in a generation.

Last edited:
Back