• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tool Guide & Research

Jas0n

Retired Staff
Bells
Lump of Coal
Dark Candy
Blue Mote of Flame
Purple Feather
Pink Feather
Blue Feather
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Trophy
Thought i'd post this tool guide, not entirely sure if it's all correct so if you guys could do research for me and see if anything's wrong, it would be greatly appreciated ^_^
Axe: 400 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Axe: Serena (after throwing an axe into the town fountain)
Golden Axe: Serena (after throwing an axe into the town fountain)

The Difference: Silver axes will never break. Golden axes will also never break, and cut trees down much faster.

Net: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Net: 500 bells from Nook's shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Net: From Tortimer after catching every bug.

The Difference: The silver net is a bit bigger than the normal net, while the golden net makes catching bugs 'a breeze' whilst being bigger than the silver net.

Shovel: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Shovel: Resetti's surveillance center, which can be accessed any time between 8 and 9 PM. The center is on the right side of the city. The traffic cones will be moved when it's available for entry.
Golden Shovel: Bury a shovel for 1 day (24 hours), contrary to what the guide says (Four days)

The Difference: A silver shovel gives you a 10% chance for more bells when you're smacking rocks. The golden shovel allows you to plant bell trees, but does NOT give you the chance for 10% more bells.

Fishing Rod: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Rod: 500 bells from Nook's shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Rod: From Tortimer after catching every fish.

The Difference: Silver rods have better lures than normal rods, making fishing a bit easier. Golden rods 'is a real fish magnet!' plus makes the fish hold onto the bait for a little bit longer.

Slingshot: 500 bells from Nook's Shop
Silver Slingshot: 500 bells from Nook's Shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Slingshot: Balloon (after shooting at least eight balloons)

The Difference: The silver slingshot fires two bullets instead of one, while the golden glingshot fires three.

Watering Can: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Watering Can: Mailed to you from Posy Farms, after buying 50 flowers from Nook.
Golden Watering Can: From town hall after maintaining a perfect town for 15 days straight.

The Difference: The silver watering can revive wilted turnips and it's also rumoured to keep flowers alive longer. The golden can has the ability to create golden roses.

Btw guys, just so you know this isn't my guide so if you see it elsewhere don't start yelling at me for stealing it, I did put it in a quote after all xD

Pretty handy, now i know i do not have to look for the Silver items by fishing/catching/shooting alot. Thanks.

With my Golden Net I earned, I learned that (stationary) bugs do not run away as easily when you have your golden net equipped.

i have a couple questions

1.is it possible to get more than one golden fishing rod,net,ax and Slingy if you already got one without buying from another character

2.can you get a silver and gold ax without buying from another character

3.is it true you can only put 27 or more flowers without any trees in every acre and still get perfect town rating......

4.anyone have a silver or normal slingy i can buy?

heres more questions

1.can you get multiple silver tools from the store
2.can you get another silver watering can if you buy 50 more flowers
3.can you get more than one silver shovel

from what i've heard
the silver axe breaks after a while
i'm not entirely sure but thats what i heard

Back