• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Too expensive at retail?

nailatixela

Bells
So at the retail store, I've put up some goods. I often get buyers. However, sometimes I am unable to convince my villagers to buy an item - they say something along the lines of it being too expensive. Does this mean I've legit priced the item too high - or might someone else buy it?

Thanks for any help!

I would probably knock it down a little. When I am pricing, I usually go just under the 4x mark because I think that maximizes my profit without gouging the neighbors.

I believe the equation is the suggested amount by the Pink Alpaca x 3 -1 Bell. Or it could have been x 4... :?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, let me add that because of their personality, sometimes a villager won't spend an amount that lies within this equation.

Oh, let me add that because of their personality, sometimes a villager won't spend an amount that lies within this equation.

Definitely this -- I have a few miserly villagers, the same item will be snapped up a little while later by someone else.

Bob, my lazy villager, rarely buys anything from re-tail because he claims it's too expensive o3o Personalities definitely affect it

x4??!!! omg i only add a couple hundred bells !!!
Cheapo time is over people of NewBegin! get your wallets ready lol
I'm even gonna write it on the post near the train station loool

I'm too lazy to do an actual 4x, so I 4x the first digit of the suggested price. If the suggested price is an even number (such as 200) I'll 4x then knock so much off.

What I saw from a LinandKo video is that the max they will buy is x7 -1 bell. You can sell coffee beans for 1k but villagers will buy for 7k -1. I sell fossils which some villagers will buy for 9500 but they will probably only buy the bones not the other pieces like Dino poop and peking man or whatever. But it makes their house very ugly... x_x

I sell my BIG fossils for 9000-9999, my little ones, I don't know, I just sell them to Reese. My superb coffee beans I sell for 7999, my gems for the same, unless it's silver, then I sell them for 9999. :) Whitney wouldn't buy ANYTHING, the tightwad. LOL I hated that stupid wolf. But yeah, I multiply x4, then drop a bell. Works great so far!

I too have been too kind with my neighbors. No more Miss Nice Mayor lol! I wasn't aware there was an equation to use when selling. Thank you for the insight!

I sold an item that was worth 500 bells and sold it for 10,000 bells.
It took a while to convinced the villagers into buying the item. (At least one will buy it hopefully)

Back