• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

To those of you who got the paid DLC... Did you buy it or did you get it via Nintendo Switch Online?

I've bought the standalone version since I'm not interested in the Switch Online expansion pack. I also don't like the idea of having to "remember" all the time that the DLC is tied to the subscription. With "bonus content" like the old games it's fine and I don't mind, but I don't want any strings attached to my Animal Crossing experience.

I brought my from the eshop. For me it’ll work out cheaper than paying a yearly subscription for it.

I got it via the eshop. I have no interest in paying that much to play N64 games that I already have on my N64. I can play Mario 64 on multiple platforms that I have now, and can play Paper Mario on my N64.

I already have NSO as well but maybe will let it lapse next year. I just bought the game off the eShop and found I had AU$7 worth of coins too so it was only AU$30 :)

I already have Nintendo Switch Online, but I bought mine just in case I needed to cancel it in the future. I'm also considering doing the expansion for the N64 titles, but I don't see myself doing it until sometime next year.

So yeah, in short, I just bought it.

I bought the DLC. The expansion pack doesn’t offer enough value to me yet but that may change if/when the catalog of games increases.

I bought it stand alone, the expansion pack doesn't have enough value for me at the moment.

Question: If I have 8 people (separate Nintendo accounts) on one switch, will the DLC be accessible to all of them if I buy it on one account? Or do I need to get the NSO expansion and pay yearly?

As long as the account you purchase the DLC with is on your primary Switch then all users on said Switch will have access to it if you buy it standalone.

If you get the DLC through the NSO Expansion Pack all 8 accounts will need an active subscription to play the DLC.

Basically if you have one Switch with multiple accounts that you want to have access to the DLC with then buying it outright on your main account is the way to go.

I bought the dlc on its own. Experience with HHD teaches me that I will sporadically want to decorate houses over the next few years, so I'd rather pay for it outright than have to renew a subscription every year!

Just bought it on it's own. I think the price of the online expansion is way overpriced for so little it offers, plus you don't even get to keep the DLC after the subscription runs out. I'll still be able to play the DLC 10 years from now this way.

I bought the DLC from the e-shop. Like Nodokana said, I have no interest in renting it. It sounds like such a silly thing to do :"D Would rather buy it to own it than 'rent it' monthly with the expansion -w-

I have a family plan with 7 people on it (including me) and a good portion of us would use both the N64/Sega games as well as the HHP DLC, so I just went with that since 10 or 11 bucks annually isn't too bad. If I didn't have a family plan there is no scenario where I would've paid for the expansion pack though. It does make me nervous to not own the DLC, but if the family plan ever ends I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I bought the DLC separately. I may buy the expansion plan at some point, but not right now- the current games don't really appeal to me (Paper Mario may change all that, though) and I've heard they're pretty glitchy at the moment anyway. I wanna see if they're willing to sweeten the deal more at some point and iron out the bugs. Also, I'd like to have the DLC fully owned in case I try the expansion plan, don't like it, and want to cancel it. I also don't mind buying it separately because it really doesn't seem like the main point of the pass anyway (and I'm curious if they may eventually replace the ACNH DLC with a different kind, once the ACNH one isn't new?)

I mean, I totally get people who were excited for the expansion pass and already wanted it and were happy to have the DLC as a bonus, but it doesn't seem worth it to JUST buy it for the DLC.

Will be just be buying the DLC on it’s own. I don’t use the regular online membership as much as I thought I would (except for ACNH), so there’s really no point for me to get it.

I might consider getting it down the road, though. There are some N64 and Dreamcast games I really enjoyed.

I'm going to buy it standalone. The expansion subscription is honestly silly for one person, imo, if you don't have enough people to make it worth it.

Back