• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Wii U

Well i've seen the demo videos on youtube for it and it looks amazing! A 3D mario would be awsome aswell. I think super mario bros is a bit of a let down.

I mean, there really aren't games I'm interested in on at at the moment. I mean, I really don't care for the newest New Super Mario Bros.

Yeah same here but i've got myself a christmas job and the wii u is on special for a really good price so I can't resist not getting it.

Also, I'm holding out for the possibility that I might win it in the December attendance raffle my store is doing. Whoever has perfect attendance throughout December will be entered to have a chance to win a Wii U (not sure if special pack or not) or a 40 inch TV. I have no room for the TV, so if I win, I'm gonna get that Wii U :D

@jvgsjeff You will only have 3GB of storage if you get that basic pack.

@Topic: I have been thinking about this ever since the Nintendo Wii U released in the United Kingdom.
Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put all of the Nintendo DS games on the Nintendo Wii U eShop eventually as we have the Wii U Gamepad which can act as the Nintendo DS touch screen with the stylus and then we also have our TV's that can act as the Nintendo DS top screen.

So Nintendo DS games could sortof work for Wii U downloadable games.

Yeah, I got it already. I don't plan on downloading any retail games anyway, so that should actually be fine for me.
I was quite lucky as I was tidying my room to make room for my new bed and the Nintendo Wii U and I found my old 500GB HDD in one of the boxes underneath my old bed with 465GB still left on it.

So now my Nintendo Wii U has 490GB of storage space in total.

I got my Wii u today! So excited to play it. Currently the gamepad is charging (wish it didn't take so long!) I got the premium pack and also got Assassin's Creed III :D

I'd like to buy one whenever the price goes down. It looks like fun, but not 350 euros worth of fun.

Yeah, I most likely not be getting a Wii U anytime soon, if ever. I just don't have enough room in my house.

But I do have a question: How do Wii games work on the Wii U? Can they be played on the Wii U Game Pad?

No, Wii games can't be played on the GamePad. The Wii U has to enter "Wii mode" before you can use any Wii games. Once it does, it's basically just like the Wii menu as when played on a regular Wii.

Back