• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I decided to revive this topic so you can share what unpopular opinions you have. But I have a few rules set. First, do not share extreme opinions or anything inappropriate. Second, no more political opinions, especially on touchy issues like the gender issues. And of course, avoid starting or participating in arguments.

Here are my unpopular opinions:

1. I do not like Fortnite
2. I think that January and February are among the best months of the year
3. I think Shrek 2 is stupid
4. I like the Star Wars prequels
5. The 7th generation of Pok?mon is my favorite Pok?mon generation

What are your unpopular opinions?

Last edited:
Oh man here goes:

- I dislike mac n cheese with a fiery passion
- The new Pokemon let's go art style bugs me to no end
- Bohemian Rhapsody is highly overrated

I hate sleeping. Sometimes I get bad headaches/dizzy because of lack of sleep but I hate going to sleep so much I just power through it

(time to spill the tea)

- I like YouTube rewind 2018
- Marvel movies are highly overrated
- I think Minecraft is boring
- Pok?mon black and white is my favourite Pok?mon anime

- I think most modern music is a bunch of lifeless trash
- Chihuahuas suck
- Shellzilla is right, bacon is horrible. But so are onions.
- The constant use of innapropriate and childish words just makes people look really immature and disrespectful.
- Any makeup style other than natural for casual wear is too outlandish. Also why do people apply so much all the time??
- I think the song Africa is good. I've liked that songs ever since I started liking 80s music. It's kinda silly but also very charming.
- I think shiny Pokemon like Charizard are overrated.
- High waisted jeans are the only good kind of jeans.

That's all I can think of for now.

I'm hurt that you dislike Chihuahuas.

Jk, everyone has their opinions. I guess that's why it's in the unpopular opinion board. I do agree with you about the song Africa (I think the original is better thou).

Marvel movies are boring and going to the movies in general is about as fun as detention.

Also, I don't get the hype about Isabelle from Animal Crossing. I liked it better when Tortimer was around.

Also also, chocolate milk isn't very good

Last edited:
- Rolling Stones is overrated
- Tumblr is basically Tumblrina.com so it can by all means die
- I still think Switch Online is a dumb thing
- SM64 is if anything the worst Mario game.
- People who think others who listen only to oldies are dumb are not better themselves they probably only listen to soundcloud rap or hipster electronica anyway. And yes 99% of modern music is trash, soo.. yeet.
- OoT and MM are the most overrated LoZ games.
- 80s music is not awesome let alone some more world music things.
- I don't like watching 'online tv' like netflix or stuff. I prefer watching it on this large square thing y'know with a remote.
- Going to the movies are the best.
- I don't care about if people use cuss words and ppl who complain go back cry in ur lil corner.
- I don't mind if people smoke, it's their choice.. Stop whine and ban people who whine. i think they know might get sick smfh when they smoke.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also yeah whoever posted about high waisted jeans. i agree. like why would people have low waist showing off their butt cracks smh. also flares/bootcuts are the only way to go, i hate straight slim legged ones

Last edited:
I hate coffee & don't understand how anyone can't function without it.

I hate skinny jeans with a passion, especially ripped ones.

I've no interest in Netflix

I want the 90s back, when you could go clubbing & everyone was there for the actual music, not post stupid pics on so called social media. Basically when people weren't addicted to their phones & actually spoke to each other.

Movies are now getting boring as they're running out of ideas, seriously why do we need another Disney rehash.

I hate skinny jeans with a passion, especially ripped ones.

I want the 90s back, when you could go clubbing & everyone was there for the actual music, not post stupid pics on so called social media. Basically when people weren't addicted to their phones & actually spoke to each other.

Yeah those jeans are ugly and they look trashy af. I'd want like even older times back when it got to music and festivals tbh, now people just try to fake it and post **** on social media indeed.

And yeah I hate how Netflix and stuff tries to kill off regular TV. Sure I can use those "play" channels that the reg TV channelsoffer online to maybe watch an episode I missed but I'd never use it to binge watch things.

- Rolling Stones is overrated
- Tumblr is basically Tumblrina.com so it can by all means die
- I still think Switch Online is a dumb thing
- SM64 is if anything the worst Mario game.
- People who think others who listen only to oldies are dumb are not better themselves they probably only listen to soundcloud rap or hipster electronica anyway. And yes 99% of modern music is trash, soo.. yeet.
- OoT and MM are the most overrated LoZ games.
- 80s music is not awesome let alone some more world music things.
- I don't like watching 'online tv' like netflix or stuff. I prefer watching it on this large square thing y'know with a remote.
- I don't care about if people use cuss words and ppl who complain go back cry in ur lil corner.
- I don't mind if people smoke, it's their choice.. Stop whine and ban people who whine. i think they know might get sick smfh when they smoke.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also yeah whoever posted about high waisted jeans. i agree. like why would people have low waist showing off their butt cracks smh. also flares/bootcuts are the only way to go, i hate straight slim legged ones

Boi I know you aimed some of these at me lmao :lemon:

Also swears don't bother me either. I've learned to live w it.

Movies are now getting boring as they're running out of ideas, seriously why do we need another Disney rehash.

I agree with both of you here. I’m more of an old school or traditionalist kind of person. The advances in technology are fantastic, but the changes in consumer behavior and society over time, I do not like. Here are some things that may go extinct because of the changes in consumer behavior and other stuff:

- Fast food kids’ meals and indoor playgrounds (I remember these when I was little, including Burger King’s Pok?mon toys from 2000)
- Shopping malls
- Department stores
- Movie theaters
- Ticket and redemption arcades (I know coin-operated arcades are gone)
- Cable TV
- Halloween
- Toy Stores (maybe)
- Book Stores (maybe)

Another thing I don’t like is how the internet is taking over everything. That’s why I listed all of the things above. Ask about fast food kids meals and indoor playgrounds, toy stores, and Halloween, it’s more about what kids these days like and not related to the internet.

Also I know some other have brought this up, but I hate streaming movies and tv shows. I prefer to watch live tv, and I especially love watching old 50s-80s sitcoms on live tv. The only show I stream is King of the Hill and that's because it's only on live tv between like 3-4 AM most days.

Most of today's music is just trash. Whenever I turn on the radio and listen to it, I really can't enjoy
any of the current songs that they're playing. Most of them also sounds so similar. I just prefer more
80s and 90 music at that point.

Fortnite is the most overrated game ever and I don't understand the popularity of it.

Also, I don't like Undertale and I start to hate the memes based of this game because they are like
everywhere and I don't find them funny that much. :/

Yeah only thing I watch online now is catching up the first series of a swedish drama I like, but it doesn't mean I watch it all in two days, just when I'm in the mood and have time. Also that service is free since it's operated by the public service telly.

And yeah I'm pretty old school @ Apples, if those thing would be gone you listed we could as well move to Mars -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back