• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Harvest Moon Discussion Thread!

For some reason I've had luck finding misc items (coins, bottles, etc) while fishing off the dock that's on your farm land. Maybe you'll get lucky there, too! o:

I've never tried fishing there, I prefer fish trapping because you can trap 1-5 items at a time. Some days I get lucky and all I catch are fish, some days I only find junk :<

Hmm..Neil was at a purple heart and my winning of the crop festival put him to blue. Problem is I wasn't able to encounter the purple heart event beforehand. I wonder if that will cause conflict later on? I know in FoMT you had to see all heart events to marry. Hopefully this skip doesn't cause that problem. :c I needed that win (plus I already saved so it's too late to go back anyway).

Fall 3 now :lemon: Found a honeycomb on the first day of fall so I'm sure I'll start to see more now. Probably more likely in fall. Really wish I had access to that mine...need silver so badly. ._. Does Rebecca start selling silver soon or do I just have to get lucky near the entrance? I know there's a scrap metal/iron/copper drop chance.

How is everyone else doing?

You can still see his purple heart event so don't you worry about that Mairmalade :)
I don't need honeycombs anymore, I found so many now that it's fall in my game! A tip for those who are in need of selling 10 honey, put 4 beehives up in a square and they will produce 2 honey instead of just 1.

I just unlocked Rod, Yuri, and Klouse (sp?) hehe

Last edited:
Yeah I need to build Rod's place. D: Have to gather honeycombs first, though. I don't think his blueprint is unlocked until renovation plan #2 is completed.

Winter 16 (around here), 344 000 G
-built the Travel Agency
-built the Double Bed. Since I viewed all his heart events and have money for the Blue Feather (it's 100 000 G) I can buy it and propose to Neil, but I'd rather save up more money before I get it and wait until mid Summer for the reverse proposal.
-got the Ultra Hammer. Now I can mine in the red area, which gives out rarer ores.
-since I participated in the Gardening Show, I got 2000 G. Not bad for a first try but I still a ways to go.

If you want to unlock Rod faster for Neil's purple heart event or just him, you should get to building the Tailor. Why? Rod's house requires 5 wool, and of course you need a sheep/sheep for that. Usually Neil will start selling sheep on Fall 1, but if you unlock Yuri before that, Neil will start selling sheep after she moves in. I believe he starts selling them 2 days after you build Yuri's house. C:

Go to your studio (the door on the side of your house), click on 'Edit' and you will be taken to Edit Mode. Just select the arch from the bottom screen and you can place it somewhere. ^_^

To give gifts, go to your bag, select and item and click 'hold'. Then just talk to the person you wanna give it to and you will automatically give it to them.

thank you I am now in summer I hope I can finally do something. but having trouble placing things, like the bench .

thank you I am now in summer I hope I can finally do something. but having trouble placing things, like the bench .

I'm thinking space might be your problem. I usually cut down all trees AND saplings before I go into edit mode. Also, pick up all the dirt roads and put them in your inventory, they block out a lot of space as well.

I just started playing ANB. It's my first HM game believe it or not. I really like it. I am still getting used to everything. I like Neil a lot.

Welcome aboard, Penny. :) Pretty good HM to start with.

Just built the restaurant while waiting for honey to be produced so I can move on to town renovation #3 (I think?). Was told by the sprites another music sheet was hidden (would be the third one). I assumed it was in the restaurant...but I haven't found it yet. Checked the other homes as well. I might be missing something?

Welcome aboard, Penny. :) Pretty good HM to start with.

Just built the restaurant while waiting for honey to be produced so I can move on to town renovation #3 (I think?). Was told by the sprites another music sheet was hidden (would be the third one). I assumed it was in the restaurant...but I haven't found it yet. Checked the other homes as well. I might be missing something?

Nope, it's in Clement's restaurant. It's in one of the chairs in the eating area... that one took me a while to find >_>

I've decided to marry Sanjay, but I still need to get passed renovation 4 and then gather all the materials for his house which is going to be hectic D= Also, I'm taking donations of bottles if anyone has extra laying around...I don't have much to give but I'll give golden silkie eggs or high quality pudding. Just in case you don't know, you'll need bottles to make your machines for fermenting/cloth-making/etc. So I literally mean only if you have extra laying around that you don't need It takes 5 per machine. I don't wanna take your bottles you need :(

You mean unsure of where to place the bench or how to move the bench object itself?

actually thank you. I think I have to go to edit. and now I placed my benches. (Accidentally picked up my house, Whoops!!)
Now I can finally finish the FIRST of the renovation projects. Thank you for your help.

I'm thinking space might be your problem. I usually cut down all trees AND saplings before I go into edit mode. Also, pick up all the dirt roads and put them in your inventory, they block out a lot of space as well.

Thank you very much for your help. I did not know I could cut trees down in town just on my farm. Which I have done, well only the tree trees not the pine trees wish I could chop those down. Harvest Godess gave me blueprints for upgrades. not sure what to do next. found copper and gave to Iroha, Sorry if I got her name wrong.

Back