• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Dream Critic / Town Advisor !

are you OK with hacked town dreams? im working on my town but i recently hacked and would like for someone to see how it looks :)

Oh this is something I really needed, I'm close to finishing my town and I need advice for how to bring it all together and what to do with any empty spots. My DA is 7E00-0018-BB2C , I'm going for a town that is a cute and pretty little village, it's quite hard to describe haha.
Thank you in advance! I will gladly visit your dream town, I love visiting dreams ^^
Ah yes, the part under the town hall near the cafe and Violet's house is a four-seasons garden that changes every season. I haven't finished it for winter this time round as I was busy with other parts of town, so you don't need to give any feedback for this part of town ^^ I aim to get my whole town finished by spring, so the garden for spring WILL be finished :D

My other town Chocolat, 5B00-0011-F739

It's currently in a WIP, but outside is almost done.

I had visited your vista before, fun town!

About Chocolat,
Very pretty plaza with the cedar trees.
The paths are also very pretty, I haven't seen them before, nice color.
I like how organized the houses are, the part beneath the plaza is a cute residential area.
I think its kinda weird to have a tiny strip of a biscuit path right before the bridge on the left. I really like the fountain area that bridge leads up to though.
The area with the white benches is also very pretty but the statute fountain is getting a tiny bit repetitive. Maybe switch one or two of them with other pwps like the cube, the shoe sculpture, or thing that shoots out water.
I think the two areas with the tree stump and candy would look better if it were a special stump, maybe a heart to show the love of candy?
The blank space below viche can fit a nice fountain or illuminated heart. You could also get rid of the tiny stump area right next to it to expand the area and make a lil something there. Like a nice symmetrical landscape.
Love the area with the bell and windmill.
Cute park area, the hopscotch is really cute!

- - - Post Merge - - -

are you OK with hacked town dreams? im working on my town but i recently hacked and would like for someone to see how it looks :)

I'm perfectly fine with hacked towns, it's really cool when one can do absolutely anything with a town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh this is something I really needed, I'm close to finishing my town and I need advice for how to bring it all together and what to do with any empty spots. My DA is 7E00-0018-BB2C , I'm going for a town that is a cute and pretty little village, it's quite hard to describe haha.
Thank you in advance! I will gladly visit your dream town, I love visiting dreams ^^
Ah yes, the part under the town hall near the cafe and Violet's house is a four-seasons garden that changes every season. I haven't finished it for winter this time round as I was busy with other parts of town, so you don't need to give any feedback for this part of town ^^ I aim to get my whole town finished by spring, so the garden for spring WILL be finished :D

Keeping up with the seasons takes a lot of dedication, kudos to you!
Sprinkle is the best penguin villager, 10/10 town lol
Making a town look cute is extra hard during the winter.
I feel like overall, in the top area of ton near retail and the windmill, it need a bit more trees, it looks a tiny bit barren.
Maybe make the stump near sakura special.
You could lower Rose's house and move it over one block to the right to be matched with Fuchsia's house. Doing this will give you more room between retail and the houses and you could make a little plaza area in front on retail.
I feel like the area with the bus stop, bench, bell, and hot spring makes no sense together. Maybe if there were more of a partition with trees and bushes between them or maybe just move them apart.
Your bottom bridge does not aline with the path.
I like that you two bridges, having an extra pwp is always good.
So much stuff on the ground in front of weronika's house. She has a really cute outfit on.
I really like your campsite area.
The bamboo right next to rosies house does not let one walk towards the pretty zen area without having to step on the 'water'.
I also like the area right beneath the train station.

You can visit Ophylix. It's in my signature. I'm working on getting my other towns ready, but it'll be a while before I have DAs for those.

Thank you for the feedback! I realised how many things I forgot to pick up, whoopsie >-> The town is still a WIP, but I will certainly take your advice into account :D

If you want to visit dreams, I'll be happy to have you participating in my dream little game. Plus, you can win bells and a secret prize! :)
Just look for the thread, very easy to find.

Thank you for your invitation but I do not think I will be participating, again, thank you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can visit Ophylix. It's in my signature. I'm working on getting my other towns ready, but it'll be a while before I have DAs for those.

Is there anything in particular you want comments one?

If you just want a visit, visit my town as well! :p

Mine is 4B00-002E-BB37. I would love for you to visit! Pretty much all I have to do is finish up houses and figure out PWPs for empty areas (so any advice on that would be great!). And fill every last spot with flowers, lmao. Anyway, I'd really love to hear your thoughts! I'm out right now, but I hope to visit your town later if I get a chance to play! It looks too cute from your signature. :blush:

Mine is 4B00-002E-BB37. I would love for you to visit! Pretty much all I have to do is finish up houses and figure out PWPs for empty areas (so any advice on that would be great!). And fill every last spot with flowers, lmao. Anyway, I'd really love to hear your thoughts! I'm out right now, but I hope to visit your town later if I get a chance to play! It looks too cute from your signature. :blush:

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it if you visit.
Nice dark paths, they really match the modern bridges, very cool.
I kinda wish the statue fountains were aligned with the tree plaza.
I like the light sign pwp near the two bridges, its rarely used but looks very cool.
The upper corner near retail seems a bit barren, maybe add some cedars?
Very pretty statue fountain area.
I wish there were more plants in the black tulip patch below the train station, same goes for the patch of black roses near muffy.
Is Ike a new bear? He looks so cool and his house really matches your modern theme.
To be honest I feel like there are too many statue fountains, it makes them feel less special the more there are. Maybe try a cube sculpture or a tokyo tower?
You can add a little sitting area in front of the cafe, if you don't have available pwps you can make them with stumps.
If greta moves out you can make a nice front plaza for your town hall with a fountain or flower clock.
It would be nice if the left bridge's path continued downwards and connected to the rest of the pavement.
It was nice visitng, I really like modern towns.

Feel free to visit mine - updated address is in my signature c: it's a fairy tale themed town, with pastel color tones.. hope you enjoy!!

Feel free to visit mine - updated address is in my signature c: it's a fairy tale themed town, with pastel color tones.. hope you enjoy!!

I have visited before, pretty town, and nice signature too!

Is there anything in particular you want comments one?

If you just want a visit, visit my town as well! :p
Nah, not in particular. This town is like 98% done, and it's the only one I have a DA for right now cause it's my most complete town. I'll visit yours tomorrow evening when I get home from class/work.

Last edited:
I'd be happy if you could visit the dream of Biscotti. My town is new, created it right before Christmas after selling my old one (that was a mess) to Nook. But I already did a lot of work on it. I'd like to have an opinion in general, and about my mixed paths, if it feels like it's "too much" or not... and also about villagers area: I'm not sure if it looks ok the mix of bamboo and perfect apple trees. The feeling I'd like to give is a vacation relaxing town. I'm sure it would look better if it was summer xD but for now gotta stick with snow for a little while (I TT to unlock things but not too far away in time.)
Thank you! ( btw I visited fruitcup twice, love it!)
Biscotti 7B00-0034-8A1E

Nah, not in particular. This town is like 98% done, and it's the only one I have a DA for right now cause it's my most complete town. I'll visit yours tomorrow evening when I get home from class/work.

Right off the bat, beautiful path work!
So refreshing to see green again, I can't wait for the winter to be over.
I have no complaints, it is a very pretty town. Great selection of paths and landscaping. A very fun and beautiful town to explore. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd be happy if you could visit the dream of Biscotti. My town is new, created it right before Christmas after selling my old one (that was a mess) to Nook. But I already did a lot of work on it. I'd like to have an opinion in general, and about my mixed paths, if it feels like it's "too much" or not... and also about villagers area: I'm not sure if it looks ok the mix of bamboo and perfect apple trees. The feeling I'd like to give is a vacation relaxing town. I'm sure it would look better if it was summer xD but for now gotta stick with snow for a little while (I TT to unlock things but not too far away in time.)
Thank you! ( btw I visited fruitcup twice, love it!)
Biscotti 7B00-0034-8A1E

What a nice to time to save your dream.
I don't mind time traveling or hacking to be honest.
Your paths seem kind of disorganized. What people usually do, that I think works, is to have a main path and then use a different pattern for side paths/side locations, you could also use an extra 3rd path to outline pwps or buildings. I think that would be the best way to approach multiple paths.
Personally I like it when all the villagers are on one side of the map, that's how it is in my town as well.
I bet it does look a lot better during the summer, winter can be a very difficult time to make towns look good.
I kinda like the bamboo and perfect apple combo, it's very unique, I haven't seen it done before.
The rock pwp at the top looks really cool with those paths.
I feel like you have a good sum of modern pwp but it seems to clash with the zen pwps and the brown brick paths.
Overall I really like where your town is heading, you have a really nice town layout as well.
And thank you, I am glad you like my town. :)

What a nice to time to save your dream.
I don't mind time traveling or hacking to be honest.
Your paths seem kind of disorganized. What people usually do, that I think works, is to have a main path and then use a different pattern for side paths/side locations, you could also use an extra 3rd path to outline pwps or buildings. I think that would be the best way to approach multiple paths.
Personally I like it when all the villagers are on one side of the map, that's how it is in my town as well.
I bet it does look a lot better during the summer, winter can be a very difficult time to make towns look good.
I kinda like the bamboo and perfect apple combo, it's very unique, I haven't seen it done before.
The rock pwp at the top looks really cool with those paths.
I feel like you have a good sum of modern pwp but it seems to clash with the zen pwps and the brown brick paths.
Overall I really like where your town is heading, you have a really nice town layout as well.
And thank you, I am glad you like my town. :)

I don't use hacks, only TT because otherwise I have no patience to unlock things haha! Anyways thanks alot for the feedback. I'll try get rid of the brown path but I'll keep the stone one for side areas.. Maybe I'll look for some light colored brick path, that probably looks better with modern theme. Or greyish. I did the same mistake in my old town , and paths ended up looking too confusing xD

I don't use hacks, only TT because otherwise I have no patience to unlock things haha! Anyways thanks alot for the feedback. I'll try get rid of the brown path but I'll keep the stone one for side areas.. Maybe I'll look for some light colored brick path, that probably looks better with modern theme. Or greyish. I did the same mistake in my old town , and paths ended up looking too confusing xD

Paths can really make a town. Whatever you do I bet it will look good, I look forward to seeing the progression of your town. :D

Almost everyone that visit'd my town always give me praise for a well made town. My Dream Address SHOULD be in my signature. If it's not there, let me know. It's also on a modern theme, so that should fit more to yar tastes. :)

Now with that bein' said, the town is still work-in-progress. The main items that's still bein' work'd on are:
  • Removal of all non-hybrid lowers
  • More Blue and White Pansies to finish off the bush borders.
  • Addition of a few more PWPs.

Lastly to note is that if there's a main attraction, that'd probably be my own house.
Finally, with that all said I hope ya enjoy my town! Please be honest on the critique, lyin's not gonna help anyone out here. :(

Last edited:
Almost everyone that visit'd my town always give me praise for a well made town. My Dream Address SHOULD be in my signature. If it's not there, let me know. It's also on a modern theme, so that should fit more to yar tastes. :)

Now with that bein' said, the town is still work-in-progress. The main items that's still bein' work'd on are:
  • Removal of all non-hybrid lowers
  • More Blue and White Pansies to finish off the bush borders.
  • Addition of a few more PWPs.

Lastly to note is that if there's a main attraction, that'd probably be my own house.
Finally, with that all said I hope ya enjoy my town! Please be honest on the critique, lyin's not gonna help anyone out here. :(

You didn't post your dream address. :p

Well darn, my signature didn't show up on that post.
Anywho, here it is: 5A00-000F-E2F9

Well darn, my signature didn't show up on that post.
Anywho, here it is: 5A00-000F-E2F9

I like how it's one long walking strip with the two parallel bridges. I also really like the four modern light post in the intersection. I wish in some parts the paths continued, for example the bottom path could have continued until it reach resetti, or the path could have continued until it met under diana's house.
Where the windmill is, it would be nice to see the orange trees to its right as well.
I wish something were happening right in front of the campgrounds, like a nice pwp display, a plaza or something to do there.
I feel like some areas are lacking trees or bushes or pwps, for example next to lolly's house, the big patch of yellow roses and the flower patch above julian.
You could put a sign or a 1by1 pwp in front of the cafe, where the yellow tulip is.
I like how the bushes outline the paths.
The intersection below retail, if a bush does not grow on the bottom right corner you could remove all corners and put matching flowers to make it more even than having one blank corner.
You seem to have a small entrance to the left of the police station, below your pond, are you putting a pwp there? It would look nice.
Where your wind turbine is, it would look nice if whatever you put below is also above, it would look good if you put cedar trees above the turbine as well.
If you are going for a modern town using the changing illuminated sign, the one with nook on it, would be cool to use, also the cube sculpture.
Your town is very promising.

I like how it's one long walking strip with the two parallel bridges. I also really like the four modern light post in the intersection. I wish in some parts the paths continued, for example the bottom path could have continued until it reach resetti, or the path could have continued until it met under diana's house.
I decide'd to stop the path to the Campground to give a slightly non-urbanized look. I don't quite understand what ya meant by under Diana's house.

Where the windmill is, it would be nice to see the orange trees to its right as well.
Note'd, I'll be sure to add some there.

I wish something were happening right in front of the campgrounds, like a nice pwp display, a plaza or something to do there.
Again, I intend the Campground to be a getaway from the busy urban areas of the town.

I feel like some areas are lacking trees or bushes or pwps, for example next to lolly's house, the big patch of yellow roses and the flower patch above julian.
Good point, I'll think of somethin' to put into that void.

You could put a sign or a 1by1 pwp in front of the cafe, where the yellow tulip is.
Not sure about that, but I'll think about it.

I like how the bushes outline the paths.
The intersection below retail, if a bush does not grow on the bottom right corner you could remove all corners and put matching flowers to make it more even than having one blank corner.
If I have enough PWP space left, I might just insert more Modern Street Lights in that intersection. I REALLY hate those infertile patches around town. :mad:

You seem to have a small entrance to the left of the police station, below your pond, are you putting a pwp there? It would look nice.
A villager use'd to live there and I like spot to be a potential spot for future villagers. It's also a spot that a PWP could occupy as well. It's a rather versatile spot for me to us. So for now I'm not sure what to do with that spot.

Where your wind turbine is, it would look nice if whatever you put below is also above, it would look good if you put cedar trees above the turbine as well.
I was gonna replace that Wind Turbine with Solar Panels and rearrange the Wind Turbine somewhere there. I'll say that spot is a bit on the barren side as well.

If you are going for a modern town using the changing illuminated sign, the one with nook on it, would be cool to use, also the cube sculpture.
My jock won't give me that sign! (;.;) I'd like to fit the Tokyo Tower and the Cube Sculpture somewhere in town, but it's hard to fit those 2v2 PWPs within my limit'd space.

Your town is very promising.
Thanks! Did ya read my disclaimer about my non-hybrids that overran my town? Did ya see my house or no?

Responses are in bold. Thanks for takin' yar time lookin' around! It was quite helpful. :)

Back