• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Dream Critic / Town Advisor !

Clever placement of the pitfall in front of the town tree, very original
I really like the time of day it is saved
Over all placement of things flows really well, it is unorganized in an organized way
I feel like it can still use more trees. I like the use of bamboo but the main problem it can cause is that it can leave a place feeling more empty than another tree like a cedar.
I really like weaving my way through the homes and pwps, it makes it really feel like a forest.
It shows that you are being fun and creative with your town and that makes it very fun to be in. :blush:

thanks again, i was planning to plant cedars in my bamboo area but they all wither since they're only allowed in the north or something. i'll probably add regular saplings and more shoots, but i'm glad you liked it! i was a little worried about my pwp placements hahah

If anyone wants to give me feedback on my town Arboleda please feel free to do so! I have been trying to find ways to improve it but I'm in a rut, I can't tell if I am happy with it or not.

I love Arboleda! That symmetry is fantastic (drools). I like how you have little trinkets around your town (the balloon, gyroid, and pears). I almost thought Piper was a snowman at first glance. Your town looks amazing the way it is. However, if you are looking to change things up, I would put PWPs where the bushes are in front of Henry and Erik's house. Maybe some statue fountains, tulip topiaries, or flower arches if they will fit (not sure how close you can get to their houses). You could also try varying some of the sizes of your paths based on where they lead such as the 3 width path you have leading up to the town hall. You can put PWPs in the middle of the paths as well if they were wider.

You can review my town if you want to (I think modern towns are amazing too!). I'd love some advice on PWP placement. Some of mine seem like they were randomly placed to me(the stonehenge, picnic blanket, wisteria trellis). Not sure if it's just me though. DA is in signature.

Last edited:
I love Arboleda! That symmetry is fantastic (drools). I like how you have little trinkets around your town (the balloon, gyroid, and pears). I almost thought Piper was a snowman at first glance. Your town looks amazing the way it is. However, if you are looking to change things up, I would put PWPs where the bushes are in front of Henry and Erik's house. Maybe some statue fountains, tulip topiaries, or flower arches if they will fit (not sure how close you can get to their houses). You could also try varying some of the sizes of your paths based on where they lead such as the 3 width path you have leading up to the town hall. You can put PWPs in the middle of the paths as well if they were wider.

You can review my town if you want to (I think modern towns are amazing too!). I'd love some advice on PWP placement. Some of mine seem like they were randomly placed to me(the stonehenge, picnic blanket, wisteria trellis). Not sure if it's just me though. DA is in signature.

Funny you bring up, the bush area, its one of the places I doubted the most.. I didn't think about varying the path widths around there before; you gave me a good idea. By the way, my second (hacked) town, Cat Isle, is a modern town, if you want to check it out.
Oh! I recognize your town, I have visited before; very memorable, specially because of its modern theme and unique path work.
One thing I find many modern towns have is a certain level of symmetry, that light park below the train station, it's killer! Makes me want to go back and forth forever!
I don't mind your pwp, everything looks great how you placed it. The way you sectioned your tower, zen bell, and villagers area with the use of paths is very unique, I see now how you came up with your suggestion suggestion!
Thank you for reviewing my town, it really helped me fix up my town (a lot)! My second (hacked) town, Cat Isle, is a modern town, if you want to check it out.

Last edited:
Funny you bring up, the bush area, its one of the places I doubted the most.. I didn't think about varying the path widths around there before; you gave me a good idea. By the way, my second (hacked) town, Cat Isle, is a modern town, if you want to check it out.
Oh! I recognize your town, I have visited before; very memorable, specially because of its modern theme and unique path work.
One thing I find many modern towns have is a certain level of symmetry, that light park below the train station, it's killer! Makes me want to go back and forth forever!
I don't mind your pwp, everything looks great how you placed it. The way you sectioned your tower, zen bell, and villagers area with the use of paths is very unique, I see now how you came up with your suggestion suggestion!
Thank you for reviewing my town, it really helped me fix up my town (a lot)! My second (hacked) town, Cat Isle, is a modern town, if you want to check it out.

Cool! Glad you got some new ideas. Thanks for the review. :)

I wouldn't mind some feedback! I'm trying to go for a kind of superhero-y vibe (A Mayor by day, Vigilante by night kind of thing). Also to note: It's still a wip; I do plan on eventually putting in the final fourth house, he will be kind of the underground mafia type, the real bad guy of the town! :)
+The northern part of the map is intentionally more foresty and wild, and the southern is more precise and clean!

DA:4C00-004B-A7C7

And i'll definitely give your town a visit later on today ^^

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind some feedback! I'm trying to go for a kind of superhero-y vibe (A Mayor by day, Vigilante by night kind of thing). Also to note: It's still a wip; I do plan on eventually putting in the final fourth house, he will be kind of the underground mafia type, the real bad guy of the town! :)
+The northern part of the map is intentionally more foresty and wild, and the southern is more precise and clean!

DA:4C00-004B-A7C7

And i'll definitely give your town a visit later on today ^^

Cool idea for a town, it makes it so much more fun!
Maybe connect all the villager houses to a pavement
I liked the time and rain, it sounds very pretty
You have a fairy tale clock and a torch, are you going for a particular theme in your time aside from the vigilante idea?
Color coding flowers can really help unify a town.
I like your path intersections with the 4x4 squares
Maybe change the top water well to a zen themed thing so that it can match the bamboo and so that you don't repeat the pwp
It is feeling like a very cozy town and I like that. I look forward to seeing your town's progression. :blush:

I like to visit dream towns before I go to sleep, gimme yo codes! :cool:

I think I've posted in here once before with my main town, but if you want to review my second town I'd greatly appreciate it! DA: 5D00-0054-FFF3

I'm trying to think of how to improve my town, so any advice would be really appreciated.

(some background info, I want it to look like a town that someone actually plays in, but is nice enough for people to admire. I'm also trying to decide on PWPs and landscaping. So it's not finished yet, but any tips or constructive criticism would be great)

DA: 4F00 - 0049 - 6AA9
Eventide

DA: 4E00-0055-E38A

This is the town I've had since I got the game all the way back in June 2013. I haven't checked on it for about a year until a couple hours ago to spruce it up and update the game. some notes: ignore the mules; they're storage characters. also also the entrance to the campground doesn't quite look right because I didn't realize that's where it went

I think I've posted in here once before with my main town, but if you want to review my second town I'd greatly appreciate it! DA: 5D00-0054-FFF3

I like your town path; it is refreshing, that color is not seen very often.
I like the of the entrance of the town hall, it must have been very planned out.
I feel like people don't use the blue bench often enough, I like how it looks underneath the cafe but the one thing that bothers me is the bell that clashes with the right bench.
I really like the area of the outdoor benches, the paths around it make it look extra great.
I like how easily accessible everything is, my town is the same way.
I wish the villagers area had more trees around them, to make the scene seem taller and less empty.
I'm not exactly sure what kind of town you are going for, I feel like I could have given you a better review if I would have known the general theme you were going for. But it seems like a very promising town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm trying to think of how to improve my town, so any advice would be really appreciated.

(some background info, I want it to look like a town that someone actually plays in, but is nice enough for people to admire. I'm also trying to decide on PWPs and landscaping. So it's not finished yet, but any tips or constructive criticism would be great)

DA: 4F00 - 0049 - 6AA9
Eventide

What do you mean by "that someone actually plays in"? If I knew this I could give you a better review. All I can say is this:
A good rule of thumb is to have a theme or direction in mind while landscaping in a way that it creates nice unity among all the different elements of the game.
With this in mind all ideas of landscaping become beautiful landscapings.

I would love if you visited mine!

Town name:Bluebell
Dream address: 4A00-0055-722E
Mayor: Ellie
Themed: A Cat Themed Town with Color theme Houses.
Note: also, I know my town is named bluebell, but there isnt much blue in it..please don't judge the town in that. This is my first town, and when I switched themes, I really didn't want to start all over with a different town name.

Bluebell has some of the nicest kindest citizens inhabiting it. Mayor Ellie can't quite stop herself from bringing in stray teddy bears, Citizen Katra cannot see roaming lonely animals without wanting to keep them, and Citizen Coleen has opened up an orphanage for those poor lost forgotten Gyroids.
IMG_5090.JPG

Last edited:
DA: 4E00-0055-E38A

This is the town I've had since I got the game all the way back in June 2013. I haven't checked on it for about a year until a couple hours ago to spruce it up and update the game. some notes: ignore the mules; they're storage characters. also also the entrance to the campground doesn't quite look right because I didn't realize that's where it went

Oh wow, welcome back to the community! What do you think about the update? Is that why you came back?
Nice paths
I feel like your town can use more bushes and even trees in certain areas.
I like the garden on the top right with the topiaries, I think the stairs would have a better effect if the had bushes on their sides.
It is a nice town; it feels like a giant greenery museum park, which is cool.

I like your town path; it is refreshing, that color is not seen very often.
I like the of the entrance of the town hall, it must have been very planned out.
I feel like people don't use the blue bench often enough, I like how it looks underneath the cafe but the one thing that bothers me is the bell that clashes with the right bench.
I really like the area of the outdoor benches, the paths around it make it look extra great.
I like how easily accessible everything is, my town is the same way.
I wish the villagers area had more trees around them, to make the scene seem taller and less empty.
I'm not exactly sure what kind of town you are going for, I feel like I could have given you a better review if I would have known the general theme you were going for. But it seems like a very promising town.

Oh, yeah I didn't explain it haha. It's supposed to be a modern/port/nautical town. Like Poseidon's portion of Olympus hence why he's a character. XD Thanks for visiting!

Last edited:
What do you mean by "that someone actually plays in"? If I knew this I could give you a better review. All I can say is this:
A good rule of thumb is to have a theme or direction in mind while landscaping in a way that it creates nice unity among all the different elements of the game.
With this in mind all ideas of landscaping become beautiful landscapings.

I understand your confusion. After posting I was unhappy with my wording.

I appreciate your comment on developing a theme. Though I found myself not necessarily wanting to decide on one. If I could put it in any way I would initially say my theme is "a town" in general.
I use ACNL to relax and help with anxiety. I'm working on it with leisure in mind, and the kind of leisure I'm referring to may have connotations of nostalgia.

Though the game may not be deep enough to evoke such feelings, my inspiration is something along the lines of sentimentality and wistfulness. Eventually I will set the DA around 6:30 PM with sunset and the first sight of the stars.
So I'm hoping that my town becomes something that feels familiar. But in developing a town that most people (I hope) can relate to, I don't want it to end up being plain.

Sorry if that was unclear. But I deeply appreciate your insight ~

Back