• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Bell Tree's Haunted Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
TBTHauntedCarnival.png

Happy Friday the 13th, Happy Halloween, and welcome to our Haunted Carnival, where fun and fright entwine to create an unforgettable time of excitement, wonder, and spookiness. Arriving at The Bell Tree on this dark Friday evening are many bone-chilling attractions and sideshows that will be open until Halloween night. You are invited to this carnival to take part, try your luck, be creative, and catch a glimpse of the horrifying wonders... if you dare.

How it Works
Like most TBT events, you will participate in several activities that will earn you currency to buy collectibles in the shop. At this carnival, however, some activities will appear in exclusive sideshow tents that require a special pass to enter.

Main Attractions are regular activities that will earn you both Carnival Coins to spend in the shop and Sideshow Tickets, which are used to enter the sideshow tents.

Sideshow Tents are exclusive boards with multiple activities that are hidden until you buy a pass to enter them. Use your Sideshow Tickets in the shop to buy a pass for any of the four tents: Magic, Mind, Monster, and Mountebank. In addition to earning Sideshow Tickets from the Main Attractions, you may also find a few for free every now and then.

A pass will give you access to the tent for 2 days. After that time, you will need to buy another one to enter the tent again. Each tent has a schedule posted inside, which may be useful if you'd like to time the passes with the dates of your favorite activities. All four tents have at least one activity that will unlock another collectible for sale in the shop, earn a small amount of additional Carnival Coins, and earn other rewards such as bells. However, as the "sideshow" name implies, the activities contained inside are side events that are more for fun than anything else, so don't stress too much over which ones you visit!

You will find all of the Main Attractions under the Haunted Carnival section of the forum. The Sideshow Tents will also appear there as soon as you purchase a pass for the tent from the shop. Get started with two free Sideshow Tickets: click here to redeem!

Collectibles to Buy
The carnival shop is filled with 17 brand-new collectibles you can purchase with the Carnival Coins you earn from all the events!
50 Carnival Coins
593.jpg
Carnival Pinwheel
594.jpg
Skull Glow Wand
26 Carnival Coins
595.jpg
Friendly Ghost Plush
596.jpg
Black Sheep Plush
597.jpg
Ghostly Kitty Plush
18 Carnival Coins
598.jpg
Jacqufeline
599.jpg
Squashua
13 Carnival Coins
600.jpg
Lucky Lollipop
601.jpg
Green Cotton Candy
9 Carnival Coins
602.jpg
Crystal Ball
603.jpg
White Carnival Mask
604.jpg
Spooky Popcorn
13 Carnival Coins
605.jpg
Lost Fragment 002.AN (Unlocked in Magic Tent)
606.jpg
Spirit Candy: Vask (Unlocked in Mountebank Tent)
607.jpg
Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg (Unlocked in Mind Tent)
180 Bells / Staff Favorite
608.jpg
Stitches (Unlocked in Monster Tent)
609.jpg
Sinister Lantern (Staff Favorite)

Main Attractions

Sideshow Tents

Haunted Carnival Backdrops
During our haunted carnival, we'll also be selling two new temporary backdrops that will be placed behind your profile information with each of your posts.

backdrop-astral-arcana.png
backdrop-cryptic-canopy-d.png

Astral Arcana and Cryptic Canopy

Astral Arcana was designed by Mistreil. Cryptic Canopy was designed by Pyoopi and will change based on the time of day. Either backdrop can be purchased in the shop for 75 bells and will be removed from your inventory after 3 weeks.

Staff Credits
Please give a round of applause to the staff who helped put this event together!
  • Activities Coordinator: Jeremy
  • Activity hosts: Justin, Jeremy, Oblivia, Pyoopi, dizzy bone, LaBelleFleur, ~Kilza~, LadyDestani, Chris, pandapples, Mairmalade, Nefarious
  • Main thread banner art: Pyoopi
  • Activities banner art: dizzy bone
  • Collectible art for Carnival Pinwheel, Black Sheep Plush, Ghostly Kitty Plush, Jacqufeline, Lost Fragment 002.AN, and Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg: Laudine
  • Collectible art for White Skull Wand, Friendly Ghost plush, Squashua, Lucky Lollipop, Green Cotton Candy, Crystal Ball, White Carnival Mask, and Spooky Popcorn: Mistreil
  • Collectible art for Spirit Candy: Vask: Mick
  • Collectible art for the tent passes: dizzy bone
  • Backdrop art for Astral Arcana: Mistreil
  • Backdrop art for Cryptic Canopy: Pyoopi
  • Opening and closing threads: Jeremy
  • Tent schedule threads: Justin, Jeremy
  • Admin setup: Jeremy, Oblivia, Justin
  • Staff favorite voting: Jeremy, Justin, LaBelleFleur, LadyDestani, Laudine, Mairmalade, Mick, Nefarious, Oblivia, Pyoopi, ~Kilza~, dizzy bone, pandapples

Good luck and don't be too afraid to ask any questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh oh my gosh these collectibles are so cute!! ;w; I've already got my heart set on that Ace Pride Carnival Pinwheel, Green Cotton Candy, and White Carnival Mask!
Time to start checking out the tasks!

YEAHHHH BABY! LET'S GET THIS SPOOKY SHOW ON THE ROAD.

As someone with a clown/carnival bias, I am already ADORING this. Can't wait to get all themed up!

Oh my gosh so much stuff to do 🤩 Y'all really went all out!!! 🥰
And oooh nooooo so many amazing collectibles- how am I supposed to choose?!?!? I can feel my heart breaking already 😭

Oh jeeze, oh no, there are so many collectibles I'm gonna need to buy. Great selection! But my poor wallet...

Now to explore this awesome carnival!

This is like a fair! Thank you so much for the new event! I'll look into the tasks tomorrow since I really should get some sleep. I definitely didn't stay up for this.

love the collectibles!!!

I'm guessing slideshow tent schedules aren't available to see until you buy the ticket for the tent?

Get started with two free Sideshow Tickets: click here to redeem!
If you're one of the 16 people who only got just 1 ticket from this link instead of 2, I will be sending you an extra one shortly. Sorry about that!

love the collectibles!!!

I'm guessing slideshow tent schedules aren't available to see until you buy the ticket for the tent?
Correct!

We may also post a full schedule thread for just the main attractions, but not tonight.

I always love seeing the new collectibles to save up for during each event! These ones are so cute! The little ghostie? The ghost kitty? The popcorn????? Super cute!

the new collectibles are soooo cute 😭 this is my motivation to participate as much as possible

OMG, I was hoping one of the new backdrops would be carnival tent-themed, and I was RIGHT. BUYING ASAP!!!

Love the new collectibles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back