• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Rlly big spoiler below
- Apparently starting in June, you can start selling stuff to the dodos on island tours once you have too many things in your inventory. However, it's going to be the same thing as the drop-off box where you only get 80% of the bells when you sell things? Imo I feel like that would take away the whole point of the service. Also why wait until June to unlock this?
- Kinda wish there was better events in June. A lot of the events are...kinda short? The stamp and wedding event I'm assuming are going to be like May Day where the event can be done within a single day. Other than that, there isn't much to do in the month of June other than get new fish or bugs.

The Dodo thing kind of makes sense to me because iirc there was a similar system when visiting the island in New Leaf? It's been quite a few months since I last played NL but I remember if there was stuff that didn't fit in your box you could sell it to the little girl or if you decided not to sell to her, it would automatically sell stuff from your pockets when you returned to your town. In both cases, the money you got was cut SIGNIFICANTLY. Like, you got way less than 80% of the bells the items should sell for. So it doesn't surprise me if they decide to cut the selling price if you sell to the Dodos, but I don't get why they've waited this long to implement it??

Rlly big spoiler below
- Apparently starting in June, you can start selling stuff to the dodos on island tours once you have too many things in your inventory. However, it's going to be the same thing as the drop-off box where you only get 80% of the bells when you sell things? Imo I feel like that would take away the whole point of the service. Also why wait until June to unlock this?

I feel like this is the only place where the 80% price makes sense? Like you only need one NMT to get on an island and then you can grind hundreds of bugs and fish without having to constantly fly back and worth. It'll also allow you to do that after the shop closes as usual, which is also practical. Then you can fly back with an inventory full of tarantulas/scorpions and fly back if you need another full-priced inventory.

And I think June means it's part of the summer updates, which hopefully brings us much more.

Had it in my head that I would be able to relocate the resident services building, so completely ripped apart the bottom area of the map; removing flowers, picking up trees and furniture. Essentially had it all planned out, then walked into the resident services to talk to Nook to soon learn that its not possible. Never been so gutted to be honest.

Now sat here with an empty patch of land not knowing what to do.

Time to seek for a Plan B.

Can they please lemme hear Soulful K.K. playing farther than like 3 blocks away from my funeral site? :(
I only recently discovered you can up the volume on the music player (pressing plus in the music selection screen). Did you try that yet? It doesn't improve it THAT much but I was happy about it. But I agree, the music doesn't reach far enough.

I only recently discovered you can up the volume on the music player (pressing plus in the music selection screen). Did you try that yet? It doesn't improve it THAT much but I was happy about it. But I agree, the music doesn't reach far enough.
This makes me feel slightly better. Now I can blast it (within a few blocks)

Had it in my head that I would be able to relocate the resident services building, so completely ripped apart the bottom area of the map; removing flowers, picking up trees and furniture. Essentially had it all planned out, then walked into the resident services to talk to Nook to soon learn that its not possible. Never been so gutted to be honest.

Now sat here with an empty patch of land not knowing what to do.

Time to seek for a Plan B.

Yeah, it's unfortunately the one thing you can't modify in any way right now. It limits what you can do in certain instances. I understand your pain. :(

I don’t understand how we’re a allowed to reject a BRAND NEW DIY, but when we already know how to make a DIY we’re forced to take it. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?
Gahhh this bothers me so much! I have a huge pile of extra DIY’s in my basement now. And every single time I get forced to accept another one, my mom, who watches me play, asks why I don’t just say no!!! Like she completely can’t even understand that’s how it works because IT MAKES NO SENSE.

I seriously don’t feel safe accepting NMT payments from trades considering may be people are taking advantage of certain glitches. Not only that, even tbt currency now has a low value with the amount of nmts being exchanged for tbt. I understand that we can’t do much for game currencies but to affect the forums currency so much is a bit too much now.

Last edited:
They should bring back the messages of the week, and add other fun little things to the bulletin board. 🥺

EYLYSezWoAI-ypW

Very very minor rant, but I wish the villagers didn't feel obligated to give you a gift back. I don't need anything in return! It's kind of you, but please just take my gift. I know villagers usually like to return the favor in other games but it would be nice if they just accepted my love.

I keep trying to add variety to my island and somehow I always end up with 2-3 villagers of the same species x 2 and 2 of the same personality x 2. Been looking for a smug for 3 days and finally landed marshal. Went through 73 tickets. Not even sure I’m going to like him but I’m happy I have a smug that isn’t Tex/Leopold/Eugene. Those seem to be the only 3 smugs I see on islands. Was kind of hoping for chops/Henry/Olaf but I’m going to give marshal a shot.

I have a hard time believing Nintendo’s excuse for not offering immidieate cloud save for the game because of hacking. Some people are hacking and duping items and even villagers and not having a cloud save didn’t stop it. The real bummer here is that if something happens to your game, you will never recover it, there is no back-up for it as of now. Everyday you have to hope that nothing happens to the game or Switch.

Even if there is/was a logical reason behind putting Redd/Rooster (?) and other basic stuff behind an update wall, it still feels weird to have staple elements which have been available from the get go for 19 years of the series life span suddenly not being there until update hits and not by simply playing the game.

I just realized how much I kinda desperately need 2 more additional villager plots because I’m building a graveyard rn and it would be super cute to have 2 villagers be the “gravediggers” on my island. >0>

I don't get how some people just do not have the common courtesy of respecting other's time. If I have a villager in boxes and you make an offer please be AT LEAST SOMEWHAT punctual with getting back to me. The last few villagers I tried selling, I had two people just outright GHOST me and one person (Who said they had a plot ready) left me hanging for two hours. It's late here. I specifically stated I needed this villager gone ASAP and to have a plot open and be ready to take her. How you gonna make me wait two hours after I gave you the Dodo and PROCEED to try and have small talk with me while you were 'getting ready'. Then when I say "Ok well I have to go to bed now, I'm sorry, I gave you extra time twice" you gonna message me with "Ok I'm ready now >_>" UFNHJFBFJWNF UHM WHAT'S WITH THAT FACE? YOU ANNOYED WITH ME? I just fjwnfw.

And the same goes for vice versa! If your selling a villager and say they're ready and you accept my offer and I put a plot down you better get your butt online! I am not about to waste a plot and have a random move in because YOU are not punctual.

I'm usually not so strict about trades- item trades? Sure, I can wait a few days. But if it's a villager who has a specific timer, then you need to be ready to make that trade. Not in 5 hours.

Sorry, I just... I needed someplace to rant because this is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't get how some people just do not have the common courtesy of respecting other's time. If I have a villager in boxes and you make an offer please be AT LEAST SOMEWHAT punctual with getting back to me. The last few villagers I tried selling, I had two people just outright GHOST me and one person (Who said they had a plot ready) left me hanging for two hours. It's late here. I specifically stated I needed this villager gone ASAP and to have a plot open and be ready to take her. How you gonna make me wait two hours after I gave you the Dodo and PROCEED to try and have small talk with me while you were 'getting ready'. Then when I say "Ok well I have to go to bed now, I'm sorry, I gave you extra time twice" you gonna message me with "Ok I'm ready now >_>" UFNHJFBFJWNF UHM WHAT'S WITH THAT FACE? YOU ANNOYED WITH ME? I just fjwnfw.

And the same goes for vice versa! If your selling a villager and say they're ready and you accept my offer and I put a plot down you better get your butt online! I am not about to waste a plot and have a random move in because YOU are not punctual.

I'm usually not so strict about trades- item trades? Sure, I can wait a few days. But if it's a villager who has a specific timer, then you need to be ready to make that trade. Not in 5 hours.

Sorry, I just... I needed someplace to rant because this is absolutely ridiculous.
I’ve had that happen a few times. It’s ridiculous. I feel you

Back