• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I just really hate that there's no way to change your name. Pocket Camp has the option, and I think it'd be really useful if NH did, too. I'm hoping the next installment will, but I'm not holding my breath.
That's one of the reasons my bestie reset his island (that, and for a better map layout, since relocating and terraforming cannot do everything), and for a blue air port for his winter theme. (unsure about his current airport color)

I mean, I myself reset today, but for different reasons. But I digress.

I carefully roll both snowballs to what I think are the right sizes to make a perfect snowboy. The snowballs don't even stick together.

I go, "Hmm, maybe the bottom snowball isn't at the maximum size." I try to roll the bottom snowball more and accidentally roll it on top of the smaller snowball... for the second time in the past 4 days.

"Just 9 more perfect Snowboys for the last Snowboy Achievement," I tell myself as I try to keep from swearing off Snowboys forever. :(

I'm not sure if anyone's already noted this specific issue, and if someone already did, then I might as well shed more light as to how dumb it is for a villager to give you a task/favor to do, but when you talk to them during the errand, the game only gives you two options of asking what said errand was or leaving the conversation. I can't believe this issue was never fixed when the game was updated. This isn't a pet peeve; this is a game design flaw in a series all about communication. The older games had no problem showing three possible dialogue options, with one of them having the player just talk to the villager as they normally would, so why wasn't the middle option included here? What the hell? Even CITY FOLK — the game which pretty much butchered this system, got this right, so how is it that these developers are still making basic mistakes like this?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone's already noted this specific issue, and if someone already did, then I might as well shed more light as to how dumb it is for a villager to give you a task/favor to do, but when you talk to them during the errand, the game only gives you two options of asking what said errand was or leaving the conversation. I can't believe this issue was never fixed when the game was updated. This isn't a pet peeve; this is a game design flaw in a series all about communication. The older games had no problem showing three possible dialogue options, with one of them having the villager just talk the villager as they normally would, so why wasn't the middle option included here? What the hell? Even CITY FOLK — the game which pretty much butchered this system, got this right, so how is it that these developers are still making basic mistakes like this?
I just had this problem the other day. Hamlet wanted a bug I couldn’t find and I wanted to give him his daily gift. I ended up not being able to give him his gift because I couldn’t find that bug. I really don’t get why they took the three options away.

How does it enhance gameplay for the request bubbles to look the same as the moving-out bubbles?! There are some villagers that I love and would be happy to fulfill requests for. There's one villager that I hate and am trying to get him to leave. So now I only check on the villager when the bubbles are over a villager I wouldn't mind leaving, which means that I've been doing requests for the villager that I hate. :mad:

Not an in game thing, but villager artwork is so boring in this game. Before, every villager did actual poses. Now, only a select few actually have artwork like that, and 80% of it looks like this:

1708367225567.png

Even PG and Wild World have better artwork because even though it’s super polygonal there, there’s at least emotion.

I'm looking at this new cozy life-sim game called "Heartopia" and hate how much interactivity it has compared to Animal Crossing. Ability to drive vehicles, ride bikes, sleep in tents, play on swings, and so much more.

I'm not sure if anyone's already noted this specific issue, and if someone already did, then I might as well shed more light as to how dumb it is for a villager to give you a task/favor to do, but when you talk to them during the errand, the game only gives you two options of asking what said errand was or leaving the conversation. I can't believe this issue was never fixed when the game was updated. This isn't a pet peeve; this is a game design flaw in a series all about communication. The older games had no problem showing three possible dialogue options, with one of them having the player just talk the villager as they normally would, so why wasn't the middle option included here? What the hell? Even CITY FOLK — the game which pretty much butchered this system, got this right, so how is it that these developers are still making basic mistakes like this?
Omg! I've had an issue with this for forever and I've never seen anyone mention it before! Thank you!!

When I start my day in the game I like to go around watering flowers and talking to the villagers I come across, in New Leaf I would talk to my villagers 3 times and then continue on. Usually they would give me a task in the 2nd or 3rd conversation. In New Horizons I upped it to 5 times so I can get more varied dialogue, but my villagers would also end up giving me a task by the 2nd or 3rd conversation, and I just.. couldn't talk to them anymore. Why?? It makes me so sad cause like, I want to talk to them! Why can't I? And I don't have as much time as I used to when I would play New Leaf, so by the time I'm done with everything I forget to talk to them again to get more dialogue :(

I think I know why regular beetles can spawn on palm trees now. Back in ACNL, as we did like it, the cheapest of the palm beetles is 6,000 Bells, and that’s only one species. Regular beetles can spawn on any tree but the palm trees, while the palm beetles only spawn on the palm trees. It was possible to isolate Tortimer’s island to palm beetles only by cutting down the four other trees, and BOOM! The island has become a big money maker. It also helped that the island is summer all year round.

But in ACNH, you can now grow palm trees on the main land and not just the beaches, for as long as you lay sand paths on the island. Because Nintendo saw the possibility that one could have only palm trees, and if the beetle segregation continued, money-making would be too easy, hence why they made this change. This small change had a significant impact.

Maybe instead of removing the segregation, how about they add a new species of palm beetle that’s like 1,000 or 2,000 Bells. Money-making can be slowed down a little on the palm trees, but the regular beetles can’t spawn on the palm trees, which will make palm trees profitable. Nintendo did add the Sucker Fish to prevent shark harvesting from being a huge game-breaker.

Or, as I suggested in another thread, the Bell Boom Ordinance can reduce the spawn of common bugs and fish in exchange for much rarer bugs and fish, but house debts and project funds will become much more expensive. It’ll also cost a lot of Bells to cancel the ordinance (as for the others, you can only cancel them within a certain time frame or if you have a perfect rating).

Regardless, people actually liked making a lot of Bells on their own. The fact Nintendo nerfed money-making is what ruined ACNH.

Last edited:
I recently started going to the Able Sisters more consistently so I guess hadn't really fathomed how annoying this is, but I really wish we could just pick all the clothing items we wanted to buy from the Able Sisters when we go into the changing booth. It's quite annoying when I want to buy all the colour variants of a certain clothing item but have to buy them one at a time. 😭

I recently started going to the Able Sisters more consistently so I guess hadn't really fathomed how annoying this is, but I really wish we could just pick all the clothing items we wanted to buy from the Able Sisters when we go into the changing booth. It's quite annoying when I want to buy all the colour variants of a certain clothing item but have to buy them one at a time. 😭
Very much THIS! I'm usually also checking off items on my catalogue in a website at the same time so I have to choose between buying each clothing item separately so that I can stay on the webpage for that clothing item or buying outfits & having to switch between the webpages for each piece of the outfit over and over again while I check off the all of the different variants.

Reactions: Doo
Okay uh another random rant I have to just let my thoughts out lmaoo. This is probably very unpopular but it really annoys me how absolutely nothing happens in my town when I'm away!

A villager says they want to leave and I let them, and usually in AC games they pack up the next day and the day after that they're gone. I don't tend to play every day so I might let a villager leave then not play a couple of days. When I get back I'm expecting the villager to either be gone or someone else moved in, but in NH they're still in boxes and haven't left yet! I have to physically be there to see them off so they move away! For some reason it really frustrates me lmao cause I'm like "why haven't you left yet? get outta here!"

I was about to complain about Nooks Cranny and resident services doing the same thing but I completely forgot I played NH very early yesterday morning LMFAO that's definitely not a thing I do often.

But the complaint about the villagers is still true for me! At least have someone move out without me being there when I've already allowed them to move out! Like give me some indication the island is thriving and living without me D:

Reactions: Doo
Not being able to choose the room I want to expand
Yeah that's really annoying. Or that you need to have every room if you want to have the full exterior options. I don't think you needed to do that in NL. Sometimes I just wanted a main room and basement or the attic. The restrictions they placed on this game, while touting it as design how you want is a head-scratcher.

I seriously hate the Gyroids. Stupid ugly worthless things do nothing but take up space! I refuse to allow them on my Island and I’ve put Coco on my banned Islanders list. Those ugly annoying things will never enter my Island.

Back