• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The 5 Senses

Kyle

Bells
Yellow Candy
To you, out of 2, which of the 5 senses are most important?

There are others, but they are minor.
I just thought this would be a intresting poll.

~Kyle

Because of my accident, I now know what it's like to be half-blind. (Even without the eyepatch I can't see through my right eye) Also, touch is very important. That's what an animal's whiskers are for, right?

JJH0369 said:
Because of my accident, I now know what it's like to be half-blind. (Even without the eyepatch I can't see through my right eye) Also, touch is very important. That's what an animal's whiskers are for, right?
I also had to wear a post-op patch for a small amount of time. I had a bump on my eye and they had to cut it... it was hard to see, and I can't imagine how it would be like to be blind.

Taste was important for me, as knowing what was ok to eat and not.

Hearing and touch.

Unorthodox choices no doubt. Hearing because of, well... music. I understand Beethoven wrote musical pieces while deaf, but still.

Kyle said:
JJH0369 said:
I also had to wear a post-op patch for a small amount of time. I had a bump on my eye and they had to cut it... it was hard to see, and I can't imagine how it would be like to be blind.

Taste was important for me, as knowing what was ok to eat and not.
I'm not blind, but due to the eyepatch I can't see. And without it, either-
A) The smallest amount of light hurts my eyes

B) It's dark, but I can't see a thing anyways

Yeah Kyle apparently you have the exact opposite of what I have.

Bulerias said:
Hearing and touch.

Unorthodox choices no doubt. Hearing because of, well... music. I understand Beethoven wrote musical pieces while deaf, but still.
No I agree.

many animals live on with only those two senses.

yeah I would go with sight and touch, although hearing is a close third for me. I would miss normal speech and music but I couldn't give up sights and well honestly without touch I would have been dead at the age of 2 or earlier, you nee to know if something is hot or not

:p

If I had to choose 2 I would pick hearing and sight. I don't know if I could do without those two.

Actually, I think proprioception is the most important sense, but for some reason it's never listed except in Anatomy & Physiology or Psychology classes.

I mean, you can't live if you can't tell where your body parts are.

Just thought of this-

In a way, having no sense of taste can be beneficial to your health. Say for example, Doughnuts and Vegetables taste the same (they'd both taste like nothing), you would have no need to eat the doughnut. You could eat healthy foods all the time, since you couldn't tell the difference between them and unhealthy foods anyway...and then, well, you'd be healthy...er.

Gengar said:
Just thought of this-

In a way, having no sense of taste can be beneficial to your health. Say for example, Doughnuts and Vegetables taste the same (they'd both taste like nothing), you would have no need to eat the doughnut. You could eat healthy foods all the time, since you couldn't tell the difference between them and unhealthy foods anyway...and then, well, you'd be healthy...er.
but-but-but... YOU COULDN'T TASTE CAKE! OR COOKIES! OR...

<big><big><big><big><big>PIE!</big></big></big>

UltraByte said:
Gengar said:
Just thought of this-

<big><big><big><big><big>PIE!</big></big></big> </big></big>
<big><big>
Right...thats the disadvantage.

-_- </big>

Gengar said:
UltraByte said:
Gengar said:
Just thought of this-

<big><big><big><big><big>PIE!</big></big></big> </big></big>
<big><big>
Right...thats the disadvantage.

-_- </big></big>
<big><big>
well actually taste is to keep you from eating bad things like poison....</big>

I agree with Bul hearing and touch. You can live without smell very easily compared to being blind and deaf, thousands of people do it. That would just suck if you couldn't feel anything.

I say sight and touch, sight is obvious, you wouldn't be able to do more than half the everyday things you could do if you had sight, and having no touch basically feels like your entire body is asleep, like if you sit on your leg for too long, it becomes numb and it's extremely hard to walk, you would be in a wheelchair, you would be able to move, but you probably wouldn't move the way you wanted to lol

Back