• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

The 3D Effect

Yeah I agree with everyone who said they move the DS around. The effect itself doesn't hurt my eyes, really, it's just that I can never really see the effect because it's hard to get that exact angle you need to look at the screen!

Yeah I agree with everyone who said they move the DS around. The effect itself doesn't hurt my eyes, really, it's just that I can never really see the effect because it's hard to get that exact angle you need to look at the screen!

When you first get it and it calibrates the 3D, they want you to hold your 3DS in such an uncomfortable way (for me at least). I don't know many people who stick their arms out so far to play their games. Plus I don't know about you, but I change positions a lot depending on where I am (lying down, sitting on a bed, sitting at a table, etc).

Maybe the XL is a bit different too on how you hold it (distancewise), but I wouldn't know. Never even held one before.

Within a few tries I was able to become used to holding the 3DS properly to see the 3D. It's muscle memory.

I like the 3D but for some reason it makes the image look more pixellated to me. Also, I love the 3D feature but I get so caught up with how cool it looks that I lose focus on the game I'm playing lol... The 3D also makes my eyes tired after a little bit where you feel like you can't focus your eyes anymore and you just have to stare off into space not focusing on anything just to rest your eyes.

I definitely won't be using the 3D bits on Animal Crossing. While it's good on some games I play, I just can't see myself needing to see Animal Crossing in 3D. I've only ever really used it on Rayman 3D, Ocarina of Time, and Kid Icarus Uprising. But never for the whole time.

I've never noticed myself getting headaches, but my eyes do get tired when the 3D is on for too long.

I use it occasionally. I agree with whoever said that Tale of 2 Towns is poor, I don't like it on that, but for Style Boutique, it is well done and easy to play in 3D for a while.
So I'll use it if it's well executed, and from what I hear, I think I'll be using it.

The 3D effect always gives me headache so I'll try it just to see what it looks like and then turn it off xD
I used it on pilotwings resort though :O

I find it depends on the game; 3D for me works on slower paced games and kills my eyes on fast paced action titles. I never use it for Mario Kart, but Nintendogs is always in 3D. Also I use it with Fire Emblem, it adds to the cutscenes and the landscapes are GORGEOUS in 3D.

As for AC, I think the 3D in the trailer looks incredible, and the game is a slow paced type. So I think the 3D will be a phenomenal feature in game.

I'm excited to see what it will look like but in all honesty I probably won't use it too much. Maybe now and then I'll flip it on but for prolonged periods I'll get a headache and my eyes will go all glitchy on me.

It's really beautiful in my opinion, but I usually have it off because it's difficult to stay in place, I move a lot and it's still pretty nice playing without 3D. Details on characters still clear for me (some animal heads look like they're made of velvet lol)

For me the 3D is this game is pretty strong so I have it off almost always (except for the first few days I played). It also just doesn't really need it (kind of feels like an after thought, might just be me though). I love the 3D on most games though, so I'm not sure why that is.

Yeah, I usually don't use 3D either because it doesn't really add to the gameplay. But I always use it when I visit my museum... it just looks so pretty :blush:

I play with it off for most of the time. I usually only turn it on when something important happens (like a new community project is put in) or whenever I feel like it. But I do think that it does look pretty neat in 3D.

it appears I was completely wrong. I have misinterperated the things I read.

You weren't completely wrong, though. It does drain the battery more, but nothing insane (little over an hour loss in one test). So you're right in the non-turbo sense of it.

Back