The 3D Effect

I always have the 3D on max. It is a must for me now whenever I play my 3ds. The only time it is off is if Im playing a ds game, I am using gyroscope, or whatever I am playing doesn't have the 3d feature lol. I sometimes keep it off in the 3ds main menu though. No need to keep it on then.

I think seeing the weather in 3d on this game will look really nice especially. I will most likely play this game with full 3d on all the time though lol.

I'll use it because I'll have no issue with the angle of the 3DS because I can sit at my desk with good posture and sit it on my 3DS stand that came with my Kid Icarus, it is so useful, I can sit so comfortably and not need to adjust it to perfection, it already is.

I don't think you can make 3D intentional without making it gimmicky at the same time.
I personally don't like 3D anything. I mean, yeah it's neat but that's all it is.
Maybe when 3D is a little bit easier to use I'll be more interested but it's not worth the effort of sitting in that exact position just to add a tiny bit of depth to games that don't really need it. And when they do make you use the 3D for any games it feels forced.

I like moving around with my 3DS as opposed to sitting in the same position the whole time. I only switch on the 3D about halfway during those special cutscenes in FE:A. :)

I'll only switch 3D on in New Leaf if I'm curious of how something would look; nothing more than 2~5 minutes as the effect gives me eye-strains and headaches, lol.

I've never had trouble watching or playing something in 3D for long periods of time, so I'll probably be playing with it on once I get the game.

It really depends on the game for me. In Luigi's Mansion 2 I have found myself leaving it on about 80% of the time while in many others I turn it off 80% of the time. New Leaf will probably be one of the games with it off, it just doesn't seem like it would add to the experience very much in Animal Crossing.

I haven't been able to have the 3D on for Luigi's mansion at all. @_@ I turned it on to play today and I felt disoriented after a few minutes... Might be because of the darker colors though.

Off on my 3DS by default. Was never too fond of it.

Though, I must say, I've been playing Luigi's Mansion 2 with the 3d on slightly and it is amazing :)

Haha I forgot to turn mine on when I started playing Luigi's mansion and it is great! I hope AC looks good with the 3D on I'll be disappointed if it doesn't! But either way ill still enjoy the game

Haha I forgot to turn mine on when I started playing Luigi's mansion and it is great! I hope AC looks good with the 3D on I'll be disappointed if it doesn't! But either way ill still enjoy the game

Does England have an eShop trailer? North America does which is how lots of us were able to see the 3D already.

I have to do 2d no matter what. It hurts my eyes. One of my eyes is near and the other far sighted. So I have issues with many things.

I keep my 3D on 100% of the time. No exceptions. I bought a 3DS for the games and the 3D, and it's not gimmicky 3D, it's actual 3D instead of stuff just popping out all the time. I feel like I'm getting the most out of the 3DS when my 3D is on. Anyway, aside from my rant. I'm so excited for the 3D effect of New Leaf! I hope it's as cool as it seems to be.

I keep my 3D on 100% of the time. No exceptions. I bought a 3DS for the games and the 3D, and it's not gimmicky 3D, it's actual 3D instead of stuff just popping out all the time. I feel like I'm getting the most out of the 3DS when my 3D is on. Anyway, aside from my rant. I'm so excited for the 3D effect of New Leaf! I hope it's as cool as it seems to be.

You live in the US. Go on the eShop and watch the trailer and see it in all of its glory.

You live in the US. Go on the eShop and watch the trailer and see it in all of its glory.

True xD. But, my 3DS is on sleep, in the middle of a mission in Luigi's Mansion mission that I'm too lazy to finish right now...but I definitely will! :D

If you download the trailer (I'm not sure if you still can, anymore), you'll be able to experience the 3D for yourself.

However, the 3D in the trailer is not half as good as it is with the actual game. In the trailer you may see some outlines and black lines around the houses, and characters, and even some blurring, it ruins it quite a lot.

In the game it is so, so much better. I can't explain the 3D to you apart from telling you it's much better than the trailer, and it's very good.

I play with the 3D feature on, only for an hour at a time (roughly), the take an hours break, else it does hurt my eyes and/or give me a headache. I also don't play if I am playing in bed or I'm in an odd position, or moving, as it makes it won't work as well and gives me a double/split image.

EDIT: In the UK, I did get a trailer. But I noticed it's been removed. Maybe the US version is a newer, and more clearer 3D than the old one here in the UK.

If you download the trailer (I'm not sure if you still can, anymore), you'll be able to experience the 3D for yourself.

However, the 3D in the trailer is not half as good as it is with the actual game. In the trailer you may see some outlines and black lines around the houses, and characters, and even some blurring, it ruins it quite a lot.

In the game it is so, so much better. I can't explain the 3D to you apart from telling you it's much better than the trailer, and it's very good.

I play with the 3D feature on, only for an hour at a time (roughly), the take an hours break, else it does hurt my eyes and/or give me a headache. I also don't play if I am playing in bed or I'm in an odd position, or moving, as it makes it won't work as well and gives me a double/split image.

EDIT: In the UK, I did get a trailer. But I noticed it's been removed. Maybe the US version is a newer, and more clearer 3D than the old one here in the UK.

The new trailer I am referring to is this one. It was put up the day of the previous Nintendo Direct and you can't download it (unfortunately). It does have the blurring and outline problems but I don't know how the 3D compares to the game. I know it's far better than the old trailer though.

Back