• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Tell me about your sensory issues!

Theyre getting WORSE. I can't stand so many fabrics now and I feel like I'm turning into my MOTHER (who has always had sensory issues related to fabrics, specifically ones I LIKE like plushies). I can barely lay in my own bed anymore life is pain I hate.

Perhaps if I took my adhd meds for once I wouldn't die every time I touched a suede or silk or whatever the HECK my desk mat is made out of.
The way you articulate this issue is hilarious and painful at the same time…

When you do take your meds, are these issues less noticeable? I had no idea these kind of sensory issues could be linked to ADHD (I only got diagnosed last year so I’m new to the wonders of neurodivergency).

Most of my clothes somehow are extra scratchy and annoying latel, I basically avoid 80% of my wardrobe. Sometimes the sensitivity to fabrics goes away when I put on body lotion and my skin isn’t dry af for once - but bodylotion is yet another sensory thing I can’t STANDDD. It’s either a) feel itchy and weirdly confined by my clothes all day or b) be painfully aware of the layer of cream on my skin that just won’t absorb fully no matter what cream I use… 🏳️ I give up

The way you articulate this issue is hilarious and painful at the same time…

When you do take your meds, are these issues less noticeable? I had no idea these kind of sensory issues could be linked to ADHD (I only got diagnosed last year so I’m new to the wonders of neurodivergency).

Most of my clothes somehow are extra scratchy and annoying latel, I basically avoid 80% of my wardrobe. Sometimes the sensitivity to fabrics goes away when I put on body lotion and my skin isn’t dry af for once - but bodylotion is yet another sensory thing I can’t STANDDD. It’s either a) feel itchy and weirdly confined by my clothes all day or b) be painfully aware of the layer of cream on my skin that just won’t absorb fully no matter what cream I use… 🏳️ I give up
Not entirely sure if I do feel better or worse sensory wise when I do or don't take my meds. Granted I have no sense of time, scale, and I lose track of things so easily that I don't even know. I really gotta write things down more lmao. Also yeah, practically any sensory issue is tied to some neurodiversity or mental illness from what I've seen.

THE DRY SKIN THING YES. My skin is SO bad due to a number of reasons and I cannot, CANNOT use anything on my skin without feeling gross and not wanting to touch anything for the next 8 hours while it absorbs. Sure it makes my skin feel nice but dang is it horrible to feel. And yes it definitely makes my sensory issues way, way worse.

Oh I should also mention I've been having texture issues lately, especially when it comes to food. Can't have anything even remotely soft or mushy without wanting to vom.

Not entirely sure if I do feel better or worse sensory wise when I do or don't take my meds. Granted I have no sense of time, scale, and I lose track of things so easily that I don't even know. I really gotta write things down more lmao. Also yeah, practically any sensory issue is tied to some neurodiversity or mental illness from what I've seen.

THE DRY SKIN THING YES. My skin is SO bad due to a number of reasons and I cannot, CANNOT use anything on my skin without feeling gross and not wanting to touch anything for the next 8 hours while it absorbs. Sure it makes my skin feel nice but dang is it horrible to feel. And yes it definitely makes my sensory issues way, way worse.

Oh I should also mention I've been having texture issues lately, especially when it comes to food. Can't have anything even remotely soft or mushy without wanting to vom.
Fair enough xD if you find a solution to the problem one day, I’d love to hear your success story.

Facts. The bottle says fast absorbing but they did not take into consideration that whenever I break the slightest sweat it feels like the body lotion is thicker than ever and all over me again. Would also love a way to put on cream without it sticking to my hands after because cream on hands has got to be the worst sensation there is. Granted, I could put on some rubber gloves to apply lotion, but I also hate *that* feeling and don’t wanna chuck handfuls of plastic gloves all the time…

I have awful sight and so have glasses; the slightest smudges in my glasses are really annoying to me.
For hearing, I sometimes hear someone perfectly fine but can't process it and think they said something completely different.
My smell, taste, and touch have no issues that I am aware of.

Back