• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

TBT's Second Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
might be going to dollarama tomorrow to finally pick up the supplies that i’ll need! i’m super excited to get started on my egg. :’)

I have a question, if we paint an egg that has an image on the front and the back can we submit two pictures for the entry?

If it's something that you would need to attach to the egg, rather than it completely concealing the egg, then this should be okay. If you have any photographs of the accessories you've made or wish to provide more detail to get a hard yes/no answer feel free to message me.

I'm also going to tag @DaisyFan here because she also enquired about crochet so may want to see this.

Sorry for late reply, so are you saying that I can add crochet accessories like a mini flower or hat to the Easter egg? :unsure:

image0.jpg

hey lol
image0.jpg
materials used for the bird cage (added last minute because i could not get the egg to stand on its own):
- gold flat jewelry wire that was bent, cut, and glued together (i think that's what that is idk i picked it up randomly at walmart)
- thick paper and markers to make the butterflies
- ripped up cotton balls
- a hot glue gun to stick everything together

materials for the actual egg:
- i went through 7 perfectly edible eggs for this ;c
- watercolor paint

Q. What can I not use to decorate my egg?
A. If it's not a traditional craft material or you didn't make it yourself by hand then it is prohibited. e.g. if you were to glue a toy hat on your egg then this would not be okay because you didn't make the hat yourself. You may not use stickers (beyond stick-on eyes) or anything that has been made digitally. If you're unsure about a material you wish to use then feel free to ask.

would using things such as tiny jewels and flowers that you have to clue on be considered as traditional crafting materials or are they prohibited as well? hopefully you haven’t already answered this - looked through the thread and didn’t see anything. >_< just want to make sure i’m clear on what i can’t use so i don’t buy materials that i’ll wind up not being able to use lol.

was making some midnight ramen and look who I found in the fridge. this is why you always check for cracked eggs before buying smh.

exeggcute back.jpeg

apparently this is what the back of an exeggcute looks like. who knew

materials: yellow paper for the yolk, white paper for the eyes, black marker, and a brown egg
the other eggs are there as part of the holder and aren't decorated so I hope that's alright 🙏
my nametag is in the top right ish cause the other eggs refused to hold it for me

here’s my egg, i tried to make it look like a lutino cockatiel :) View attachment 364941
i cut up a pompoms and put it on the egg for cruelty free feathers, the head and the cheeks are all separate cut up pompoms, too. the crest is some pipe cleaners, the eyes are beads and i made the nose and feet from clay c: i’m super happy that it can stand on it’s own lol... after many attempts 😅. i also attempted to make the face yellowish with a marker, it didn’t turn out as expected but overall im happy w it!
THIS IS MY FAVORITE THING EVER

I have a question, if we paint an egg that has an image on the front and the back can we submit two pictures for the entry?
Yes, you may.

I have a question @Vrisnem does the egg have to be seen?
Yes, we do need to be able to see the egg. I see you submitted your entry a little while after asking this question. If you could please submit a photograph of your egg next to a second undecorated egg so that we can gauge the size/shape is correct I would be able to accept it.

would using things such as tiny jewels and flowers that you have to clue on be considered as traditional crafting materials or are they prohibited as well? hopefully you haven’t already answered this - looked through the thread and didn’t see anything. >_< just want to make sure i’m clear on what i can’t use so i don’t buy materials that i’ll wind up not being able to use lol.
Yes, this would be fine.

I painted the base coat on my egg last night. I still have a ways to go (and I need to find/make more time lol).

I absolutely love all the entries submitted so far. The Bell Tree is full of wonderfully talented folk as usual. 🤩

I think I might try this! Do you guys have any tips for what kind of supplies are good to use as the egg's "limbs" (like legs)?
Unfortunately there's still a lockdown where I live so I'll have to order everything online... I hope it gets here in time 🥺

I think I might try this! Do you guys have any tips for what kind of supplies are good to use as the egg's "limbs" (like legs)?
Unfortunately there's still a lockdown where I live so I'll have to order everything online... I hope it gets here in time 🥺

From what I seen from the entries they use paper or clay. Cardstock paper is sturdy but you can also check to see if you got any junk mail that use the thicker paper and just paint over it.

It's a lot easier if you hollow out the egg or use a fake one that's lightweight

Ugh....last time I will ever use a marker again.... (this is why I hate markers, they leave horrible smudges so easily 😓😖 I went through 3 eggs total with the same results RIP breakfast)

I did my best, everyone, but here's what you get when you combine ham & eggs

IMG_20210331_104929116.jpg

~Hamtaro and Oshawott, smol sleepy buddies~​

IMG_20210331_104841800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back