• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT’s Fourth Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof! Eggs huh... Never in my life have I ever participated in anything.... Easter... related... and anything with decorating actual eggs for the holiday... I think the only thing egg project related I've ever done is made a parachute for an egg... hmm..
This will be interesting... time to Google how to color eggs...

One question. May I use a pre-made wooden egg as an egg to decorate? I’m not good at carving wood, and I want to make a craft to keep.

Yes, please see the OP for details regarding what you are and aren't allowed to use in your entry:

OP said:
You may use a hard-boiled bird egg (chicken, duck, or quail) or a plain craft egg (styrofoam, plastic, or wooden) of similar size.

Is it possible to use (limited) fake/real flowers/leaves in the decoration?

A Cinnamoroll is not just for Christmas…..
IMG_6203.jpeg

Can we construct the egg itself? (Like out of clay or resin)
Preferably not, no, we feel this doesn't quite fit the spirit of the contest as it provides a lot more control over your exact egg size and shape than the people who use pre-made eggs have. For anything attached to the egg though, clay is fine!

(side note: if you end up covering parts of your egg with clay, we would prefer it to remain a recognisable mainly-egg shape, and progress pictures of the original egg are always appreciated in this case!)

Is it possible to use (limited) fake/real flowers/leaves in the decoration?
We wouldn't allow this either: only elements made by hand with traditional craft materials are allowed, pre-made decorations or stickers are not. See the list of allowed/not allowed materials in the FAQ section of the opening post to get a general idea, and we are happy to answer questions if you have other materials you are unsure about. Thanks for checking!

can i create a zipper t bunny egg or does that fall under the plagiarism rule?

We wouldn't allow this either: only elements made by hand with traditional craft materials are allowed, pre-made decorations or stickers are not. See the list of allowed/not allowed materials in the FAQ section of the opening post to get a general idea, and we are happy to answer questions if you have other materials you are unsure about. Thanks for checking!
I pressed some flower petals and tiny blossoms from my garden. What's the consesnus on natural materials that can be found outside? I'd like to use some moss, sticks and some of my dried petals. Is that ok?

I pressed some flower petals and tiny blossoms from my garden. What's the consesnus on natural materials that can be found outside? I'd like to use some moss, sticks and some of my dried petals. Is that ok?
The post you quoted was about flowers and leaves. We're not allowing these to be used because they aren't traditional craft materials, sorry.

because they aren't traditional craft materials,

Since when are sticks and natural materials not traditional craft materials 😅 those can even be bought in hardware shops in the crafts section. How are goggly eyes ok but a stick anyone can pick up on the floor isn't? My tiny dried blossoms weren't an issue last year... But alright, guess I'll be making fake sticks and moss out of synthetic materials rather than using natural elements 🙃

Happy Easter!🐇🥚 I decided to take one of my Egg Bois out for a stroll. We stumbled across an egg hunt and poor Frank nearly scrambled himself 🤦‍♀️

1000012029.jpg

1000012030.jpg

Materials: Paint, Markers, Paper, Tape.
Reference: Hazbin Hotel Egg Bois

Sorry if the pictures are huge! I'm out of town so I'm uploading on my phone :")

Here I was trying prepping eggs to paint because I thought it was due by today LOL, I need to read more carefully
Time to eat these things

Since when are sticks and natural materials not traditional craft materials 😅 those can even be bought in hardware shops in the crafts section. How are goggly eyes ok but a stick anyone can pick up on the floor isn't? My tiny dried blossoms weren't an issue last year... But alright, guess I'll be making fake sticks and moss out of synthetic materials rather than using natural elements 🙃
omg noooo they're not allowed? i went out and pressed some cherry blossoms and daisies around 10 months ago in anticipation of this year's event. im sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back