• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

🐷TBT's Favorite Pig Villagers🐷

Who are your favorite piggos?

• Truffles

Votes: 15 8.3%
  • Rasher

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • Kevin

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • Agnes

Votes: 78 43.1%
  • Pancetti

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Cobb

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Peggy

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Spork

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Curly

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Boris

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Hugh

Votes: 30 16.6%
  • Chops

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • One of the normals! (Gala, Lucy, or Maggie)

Votes: 74 40.9%

• Total voters
Cobb was my jock starter and I liked him while he was on my island. He is supposed to be a scientist, but I didn't realize that because I had his starter house.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

(not my screenshot)

Agnes is the only pig villager I like ;0 I think others, like Gala and Kevin are cute but not really my style.

I had Truffles as my first Peppy. It was a nightmare, and Truffles made me hate the Peppy personality for a while. Just not my cup of tea. :)

For some reason, I've never had a pig villager before. Ever. Though I did meet several pig villagers from visiting other people's towns and mystery islands before.

I'll probably invite Kevin, Rasher, Hugh or Agnes.

Wow I didnt know Agnes was a crowd favorite. To me she just looks cool and mysterious plus shes an uchi which are my fav!

Pig is an awesome species, probably one of my favorites. I have a number of Pig villagers that I'm fond of, including Agnes, Boris, Chops, Cobb, Pancetti, and Rasher. Heck, I don't like them as much, but I'll throw in Curly, Gala and Kevin here too, they're good.

It's tough to pick one favorite.

I'm inclined to say Cobb because his mad scientist-themed house in New Leaf, combined with his green skin and yellow eyes, gave me the personal headcanon that he was in fact a mad scientist who was affected by his experiments. However, his house's interior design took a real hit in New Horizons since the mad scientist set isn't in the game. That doesn't really matter to me personally since I have him as a resident in New Leaf but not in New Horizons, but I'm looking at things overall, so it is still a negative.

Chops has a definite case because of his Smug personality (my favorite male villager personality), his great character design with his hairdo and moustache, his great fashion sense in New Leaf with the Red Ringmaster's Coat, and the pleasant, fancy interior design of his house in both New Leaf and New Horizons.

I like Boris for my own sort of headcanon reasons. His name, Boris, makes me think of the actor Boris Karloff who was famous for portraying Frankenstein's Monster in Universal Studios' 1931 film Frankenstein, along with its sequels Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein. This ties into his New Leaf house featuring a bunch of movie-themed furniture, like the Lobby Floor, Floor Light, Popcorn, Speakers, Standing TV, and Theater Seats. An English gentleman, Boris Karloff was also known to drink tea during breaks while filming and there of photographs of him doing so while in the Frankenstein makeup, and you're able to acquire a Cup of Tea from Boris' RV in New Leaf as well. While Boris' house lost all of that in New Horizons, I can't really complain because his house is now Ancient Egyptian themed, and Boris Karloff played the mummy Imhotep in Universal Studios' 1932 film The Mummy. Either I'm onto something or this is a wild coincidence, but I love it either way. I'm also fond of his unique tusks and his Cranky personality, since Cranky is my second favorite of the male personalities.

Rasher is simply loveable. He has the great Cranky personality, and his character design is awesome. I like the scars on his head, and his really distinct smirk. His houses' interior designs aren't all that good in any of the games, though at least the exterior looks neat in New Horizons judging from the picture on the wiki.

Agnes and Pancetti are two of my favorite Pigs as well, like I mentioned above, but while I like them a lot, I don't have a lot to say in this regard. The boys just have a lot more going for them.

As much as I like them, since Cobb and Rahser's houses are real stinkers in New Horizons, I'll let it come down to Boris and Chops. I love Chops, but I think I'm going to give it to Boris. There's just too much there coming together, intentional or not, that just appeals to me personally. Also, because of all of that Boris Karloff and Universal Studios stuff I mentioned, I also like to headcanon that his tusks are vampire fangs to tie-in with another Universal Monster, Dracula, who was famously portrayed by Bela Lugosi. That bit's just something I like to attribute to Boris that isn't really a thing just because I love the classic, old Universal Monster movies, and he and Cobb are both residents of my main, horror-themed New Leaf town so I wanted to give him a little extra.

Also, it's a shame that Pigleg was dropped over the course of the series and didn't make a return in New Horizons. He would've fit in well in this game since it's set on an island, and I would totally have had him as a resident.

Last edited:
Agnes is my favorite pig. I'm not a super big fan of the pigs but I really like her design and I think the sisterly personality suits her well.

Seconding the others who said that it's a shame Pigleg didn't make a triumphant return for the island-themed game 😭 He has such a cool design as well.

I just had to change my vote to also vote for CURLY. Poor guy, I forgot about him! I had him on the later years of my NL town. I like him cuz he's basically a normal, pink pig, like what we'd expect. The other ones for that are girls. And since he's a pig, the jock personality almost comes off as ironic and funny.

I love Truffles because she looks like a bully. I can imagine her stealing my lunch money and calling me fat. Lmaoo

My favorite pig is Maggie which I just moved her in via amiibo. She’s adorable and no one ever mentions her! I love how the pig’s ears flop around in the wind it’s such a cute detail.

4A18C186-0C30-4A61-8D4E-AEBC8FAFA63B.png

agnes and maggie honestly own my entire heart. they’re such gorgeous villagers and i would love to have them on my island one day! i’m particularly fond of agnes, though, and am planning on having her as my permanent uchi! i haven’t had her since new leaf but she’s absolutely wonderful and deserves so much love. maggie is such a sweetheart, too, and while i don’t think that i’ve ever had her before, i would gladly forego my “don’t have more than 3 normals at a time” rule for her in a heartbeat. :’)

i also love hugh and gala, too! i’m a bit nostalgic when it comes to hugh as i had him back in wild world for a while and he’s honestly just the coolest little dude. 💙

I would like to see more love for Chops. Chops is a great smug villager. I like almost all the smug guys and Chops is pretty great. He's got an elegant house and wears the military jacket. He's got amazing mustaches. He's like a character from an old Victorian novel or something. Give him a try people.

When I first saw Chops' plot plopped down in my New Leaf town and looked him up, I wasn't sure what to think. But I've come to really appreciate him. He's got such a smart design for a smug villager. He's a classic, elegant gentleman with a taste for the finer things in life. I love his NL house interior. I've given him a fancy tux to wear, and I think he makes a great counterpart to the more 'bad boy' smug villager in my town, Tex.

Two other piggies that I like are Rasher and Kevin. I voted for Rasher because I'd love to have him in my town at least once. It almost makes me wish there was a new personality type for male villagers that was something like the 'punk' personality, because while I'm sure he makes a fine cranky, he'd be an awesome punk. Kevin also has that vibe for me. I love both their designs a lot, and I could see the two of them being a couple of bff bullies. Kevin also makes me think of Kevin from Ed, Edd n Eddy. If I ever got him, I'd have to make his catchphrase 'dork!' as a homage, for sure.

Boris is cool, too. I don't know too much about them (I haven't messed with the Amiibo villagers in NL at all), but I definitely approve of what he's got going on. Seems like a fitting cranky villager, and I love those tusks.

For girl pigs, I never would have guessed that Agnes was so popular. She was my first move-in in my newest NL town, and I was like "eh, she's pretty cool" and then let her move out. I can definitely see the appeal, though... and she'll always have a place in my heart as the one villager who would always give me medicine every day to help me recover from my copious bee stings.

As far as my favorite female pig villager, though, I'd have to go with Pancetti. She's just a very well-designed snooty villager, and gives me some serious Miss Piggy vibes.

Agnes and Maggie are my faves! Gala too, but Maggie is very cute and lovable and I don't see her getting as much love as many of the normals who lean into that more cutesy, almost foresty/flowery/garden aesthetic, like Molly for example.
I love the idea of a black-colored pig too, and Agnes definitely shines bright in comparison to at least half of the sisterly designs.

Back