• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT Valentine's Day Arts & Crafts Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my digital entry. I always bought my son a plush for Valentine’s Day when he was little. Drawing this brought back memories 😊 Bianca is going in search of her Bayside Beau. I wonder who it could be? 🤔🥰

D4448581-6C85-4277-BD5F-57118DF2EB04.jpeg

Thought I should make sure, are we allowed to trace fonts when putting text? I did the drawing by myself but my writing is bad LOL.

This is my digital art entry! Here are two OC Animal Crossing villagers, Spot the lazy dog and Caramel the peppy squirrel. While Caramel poured her whole ❤️ into her Valentine's Day card, Spot being Spot thought it would be fun to use a 🍑 to show his love! More like his love of food! Caramel thinks he's really immature...but deep down she knows he has plenty of love for his friends, too~

Happy Valentine's Day, Bell Tree peeps!
TBT Valentine's Day 2022 Heart Butt!.png

Isn’t the love ball is for Pokemon ?
The raffle prize is a Love Ball collectible to be displayed on your TBT profile rather than an in-game Love Ball.
Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 10.31.31.png

Are food entries acceptable?
We only accept entries of this nature in events specifically themed around food.

Here is my entry for the Digital Art:
View attachment 429736
Hi @Bluebellie! Your entry is missing your name, so I am not able to accept it. If you could please add your username to your entry and re-submit in a new post I'll then be able to accept it.

The raffle prize is a Love Ball collectible to be displayed on your TBT profile rather than an in-game Love Ball.

We only accept entries of this nature in events specifically themed around food.

Hi @Bluebellie! Your entry is missing your name, so I am not able to accept it. If you could please add your username to your entry and re-submit in a new post I'll then be able to accept it.
Hi @Chris! The name is on the top right corner on my entry post. It’s very light but it’s there. Sorry about that. I probably should have stated it.
7E705948-6578-435D-8061-CB4C9C919578.jpeg

Hi @Chris! The name is on the top right corner on my entry post. It’s very light but it’s there. Sorry about that. I probably should have stated it.

Thanks for showing me exactly where it is. It was unfortunately a bit too subtle for my poor vision - I still had to zoom in and really concentrate to make out the lettering. That is your entry now accepted. 🖤

This is my submission for the digital art! Everything was colored except for the text and stars not sure if that’s ok? (This would be better but I am sick with the flu but I’ve really been wanting to participate)
View attachment 429880
Hi @Chloebug44, I hope you feel better soon! I'm unfortunately not able to accept this entry because of the star fragment renders. If you could either redraw these elements yourself, or remove them entirely, and then re-submit your entry in a new post I will then be able to accept it.

Hi @Chloebug44, I hope you feel better soon! I'm unfortunately not able to accept this entry because of the star fragment renders. If you could either redraw these elements yourself, or remove them entirely, and then re-submit your entry in a new post I will then be able to accept it.
Thank you been sick since Monday 😵 and Ok! I wasn’t sure if it’d be ok or not I just thought it was cute I will go fix it :)
Post automatically merged:

7A3FC2D3-D6A7-48FA-B066-2AC7E2264688.jpeg

Here you go! 😁

Last edited:
I don't like this event sorry. It seems so unfair that hardly anyone can get the collectibles. I like the other events where there are many things to do and you can earn currency to buy the collectibles.

I don't like this event sorry. It seems so unfair that hardly anyone can get the collectibles. I like the other events where there are many things to do and you can earn currency to buy the collectibles.
Everyone can get a gorgeous pink feather. You don’t need to have amazing skills.

Honestly I am not an artist and most of my entries have been embarrassing but staff are generous and kind.

Just try 💜

Last edited:
We are awarding the brand new Pavé Pink Feather to every single participant, and with three categories to enter it is safe to assume that a minimum 30* people will also walk away with the new Pink Love Potion. Then with the placement trophy (Pavé Tail Feather), bonus Pink Love Potion to give a friend, and two pre-announced raffles for rare collectibles it is arguably less effort to obtain multiple collectibles here than in one of our large-scale events. Even people who do the bare minimum are guaranteed to walk away with at least one pink shiny.

While we know members enjoy our larger events, we hope you can appreciate that we don't have the energy or manpower to churn out big multi-activity events every single time. Large-scale events take us weeks to coordinate, run, and wrap-up: if an event runs for 3-4 weeks then it is safe to assume that it required 2-3 months of work from start to finish. Many of the staff—especially our amazing artists who spend hours lovingly designing each banner and collectible—experience burnout after each event and need a good month or so of rest before they're ready to begin thinking about the next. I'm sure some of our more competitive and completionism-minded members feel the same way. I'm a bit of an outlier in that I have endless energy and enthusiasm and tend not to experience this burnout I credit a coffee and Red Bull addiction. We choose to pepper smaller events like this one here and there during the quieter months to prevent the community stagnating between our larger events, such as right now, in the 3-4 month lull between our annual Winter Holiday and Easter events. Jeremy and I were able to pull this together in two days with unexpected (but very much appreciated!) support from Laudine and Mick. The original draft of this event didn't have the Pink Love Potion, the raffles, or the seperate categories - and the banner I drew was laughable! We hope that there are people who appreciate a smaller-scale event with just 1-2 new collectibles like this in lieu of none at all.

*exact number won't be determined until we see final participation numbers.

@Chris I have to take a sec to thank you and the rest of the staff for the insane amount of work that you put into these forum events to keep us happy. you guys are honestly one of the few things that keeps me sane. I've been loving this event (and dreading the upcoming easter egg hunt) and I can't wait to see more events in the future! <333

Extra! Extra! The Valentine's edition of Witchy Weekly is out now! We got in store for you some juicy articles to spice up your February 14.

Find out Reese and Cyrus' secret to a long lasting relationship and their shocking experience with love potions,​
Read about Isabelle and her take on romance (which you can discern by the way she calls dates a fruit),​
Unravel your fortune this Valentine's along with our resident gothic witch - and birthday celebrant! - Muffy,​
...and more!​

Get your copy of Witchy Weekly for 30 bells, hot off the press at a Nook's Cranny near you!

IMG_3788.png

(Here's my digital art entry, a magazine cover! Username is at the lower left corner beside the bar code.)

PHEW I feel like I ran a marathon after doing this! It took me a good chunk of Monday to Friday to finish this, heh.

I wanted to do something related to the love potions, and coincidentally Muffy's birthday also fell on the 14th of Feb, so I thought, existence of love potions means there must be a witch somewhere out there, right? And Muffy had a color palette close to a witch. It was cute imagining her as a gothic witch.

Initially I was afraid people would think my art to be more Halloween-styled that Valentine's, so I littered it with pink LOL. I winged the colors for the most part and I just realized that the art looks like strawberry chocolate. Maybe if you sniff the magazine it actually smells sweet, idk.

Also yes Etoile appears in yet another TBT entry I submit. She's on the cover... somewhere 👀. Maybe Etoile will now be my signature on everything I submit on TBT.

Kind of glad I finished it now because I have so many deadlines next week huehue, Pretty happy with what I've done overall! This is definitely going in my portfolio. :] Thank you TBT for motivating me to expand my portfolio HEH

That's all, skar out 🥳 Happy Valentine's all!

Extra! Extra! The Valentine's edition of Witchy Weekly is out now! We got in store for you some juicy articles to spice up your February 14.

Find out Reese and Cyrus' secret to a long lasting relationship and their shocking experience with love potions,​
Read about Isabelle and her take on romance (which you can discern by the way she calls dates a fruit),​
Unravel your fortune this Valentine's along with our resident gothic witch - and birthday celebrant! - Muffy,​
...and more!​

Get your copy of Witchy Weekly for 30 bells, hot off the press at a Nook's Cranny near you!

IMG_3788.png

(Here's my digital art entry, a magazine cover! Username is at the lower left corner beside the bar code.)

PHEW I feel like I ran a marathon after doing this! It took me a good chunk of Monday to Friday to finish this, heh.

I wanted to do something related to the love potions, and coincidentally Muffy's birthday also fell on the 14th of Feb, so I thought, existence of love potions means there must be a witch somewhere out there, right? And Muffy had a color palette close to a witch. It was cute imagining her as a gothic witch.

Initially I was afraid people would think my art to be more Halloween-styled that Valentine's, so I littered it with pink LOL. I winged the colors for the most part and I just realized that the art looks like strawberry chocolate. Maybe if you sniff the magazine it actually smells sweet, idk.

Also yes Etoile appears in yet another TBT entry I submit. She's on the cover... somewhere 👀. Maybe Etoile will now be my signature on everything I submit on TBT.

Kind of glad I finished it now because I have so many deadlines next week huehue, Pretty happy with what I've done overall! This is definitely going in my portfolio. :] Thank you TBT for motivating me to expand my portfolio HEH

That's all, skar out 🥳 Happy Valentine's all!
Why was I about to go look for where to buy this? I was completely sold. 😅 This is awesome! Sorry if we aren’t allowed to comment here but I just wanted to let you know this is brilliant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back