TBT trends that you're glad are dead

the word salty, marriages, donations, small and impossible to read text, izzy reincarnated

All the tiny light pink fonts were horrible, thank the turts it's over. Also when like literally everyone had the same sig avi combo from some game, it was hard to tell people apart... those were dark times.

Omg it's so cringey when people ask for donations xD

If you're asking to borrow TBT from a friend it's ok, but no....noo

Yes I remember a few users (that I'm not going to name names for obvious reasons)
who would go around on random profiles and beg for tbt...like please
earn it yourself like everybody else...it isn't hard...

I remember when loads of people wrote in small bright coloured
font...please..I have bad eye sight has it is...why would you do this?!

I shouldn't have to highlight your flipping text and download a Chrome Web Store text enlargement extension just to read what you have to say. Please. :rolleyes: Lol I remember 2014 TBT like it was yesterday

im so glad i wasnt on tbt before december 2015 wtf is a forum marriage

Somebody please explain to us what the heck was forum marriages.

so like two users ((ex. sparro and pocky)) decided they were gonna get married! so they made a thread in the basement, and had users that were their groomsmen and bridesmaids and stuff, literally roleplayed a wedding and then put 'married to sparro since xx-xx-xxxx' in their sig. overall it was the most cringest thing ever thank god it died out around about the time i got here.

Pretty much what other people said.

- Tiny/pink coloured unreadable fonts.
- Forum marriages.
- Compliment fishing posts in the WDYLL thread.
- Giveaways where you buy entries.
- The fact that some users were posting over 150 messages every single day, from which some could easily be seen as spam.
- The forum groups based on collectibles, who somehow managed to create a forum war between different groups.

Those are mainly the trends I saw going downhill (luckily). Unfortunately, the begging for the restock of collectibles still seems to be a trend.

Last edited:
so like two users ((ex. sparro and pocky)) decided they were gonna get married! so they made a thread in the basement, and had users that were their groomsmen and bridesmaids and stuff, literally roleplayed a wedding and then put 'married to sparro since xx-xx-xxxx' in their sig. overall it was the most cringest thing ever thank god it died out around about the time i got here.

Thanks, good thing I wasn't active back then, otherwise I would've probably joined in the cringefest. Who's to know.

Might just be me but I feel like the number of users/posts using a different font/size/colour as basically their primary text has gone down a lot in the past year. There was a time where waaay too many folks were writing with their tiny pink text or whatnot.

i'm very guilty of doing this in the past! one week i'd have size one pale pink text, next week i'd have bold, italicised maroon text. looking back at it, it was odd but at the time i was adamant that it was normal and the size one pale pink was not problematic.

additionally, i'm glad we don't have weddings or as many petitions these days.

forum weddings are so cringy, haven't seen them on here but i've seen them on other forums in the past...

but as for tbt trends, like many others have said i'm glad that the tiny pink text trend is kind of gone. there were a lot more users writing like that like 8 months ago.

also the "price my art!!!" threads. they're alright but it was annoying that they were everywhere....also some of them just posted like one 20 min sketch or something and got mad if people didn't say it was going to sell for hundreds of tbt :<

I was a lurking guest back in 2014, and never noticed anything since I only lurked on a few of the pages that explained little hacks like Villager placement and cycling. I'm glad there wasn't anything too terrible when I finally joined. I was never exposed to any of... THIS...

Might just be me but I feel like the number of users/posts using a different font/size/colour as basically their primary text has gone down a lot in the past year. There was a time where waaay too many folks were writing with their tiny pink text or whatnot.

I've only witnessed a few people like this since I've joined o.o God knows what it would have been like with more of 'em.

uwot :lemon:

This, this and this so much! It gets super-duper annoying when people think it's acceptable to just use abnormal font settings to make them stand out from the rest. Like, if they were just making their text dark blue for some reason, I'd have no issue with it, but small pale print? Why?!

Not to mention, copying and pasting the same BBCode stuff each time must be a right pain for them.

Hint: Selecting the text often makes it more readable. I think I went a little too far exaggerating the issue here.

Last edited:

This drove me INSANE especially during Mafia, plz.

I disliked the **** posters, 200+ posts per day during the cycling fiasco 2 years ago, hell on earth that caused soooooo many arguments on the IRC.

Damn wait, also the "I'm going to post I'm leaving threads plz rub my ego so I don't leave" they got right on my nerves too!!!!! Damn it.

And the day Kayla left me, sad day. RIP in pieces Kayla.

Last edited:
Back