TBT Summer Build Event: Coffee at the Coastal Café [Wave 2] - PRIZES DISTRIBUTED

I reset my island a couple of days ago and I'm far too early in the game still so sitting this one out. But Dizzy and I are cheering everyone on!

Excuse the quality, I only have a mobile and no facebook, etc.

HleCuYh.jpg

6Rns0xO.jpg

Edit. Updated as directed, and retaken in island designer mode.

Last edited:
Would a more bar like area work or is it strictly café only?

I'm kind of hoping for a definition of "cafe"? I have an outdoor dining area/drink stand at my beach, but it doesn't have any coffee related things... would I need to add those for it to count?

Would a more bar like area work or is it strictly café only?
I'm kind of hoping for a definition of "cafe"? I have an outdoor dining area/drink stand at my beach, but it doesn't have any coffee related things... would I need to add those for it to count?
It needs to be recognizable as a café. It doesn't necessarily need to have coffee-related things, but it does have to fit the general café theme. I don't have a definition for you necessarily, but when I think of a café, I think of a place where I can purchase, then sit and enjoy a drink and a light snack. I hope that helps!

It needs to be recognizable as a café. It doesn't necessarily need to have coffee-related things, but it does have to fit the general café theme. I don't have a definition for you necessarily, but when I think of a café, I think of a place where I can purchase, then sit and enjoy a drink and a light snack. I hope that helps!

Ah, okay. I pretty much agree- but can the drink and snack be, say, a Coconut Juice and some Frozen Treats?

You may use whatever items you wish as long as it is recognizable as a café.
Hmm. My current one might need some defending, so I may as well err on the side of caution!
I was gonna make a snack area overlooking my lighthouse, and with a few tweaks, it'll be a perfect cafe ☺

I love this theme!!!! I have cafés/little eating spots scattered around my island. This is my favourite though: the beachside, French-style café. It’s also one of the only spots on my island that looks nicer in the snow than not. Just imagine Animal City playing on the lily record player and you’re there...
A924B1DF-BFD0-4CBB-AB2A-E69FC4B0BE00.jpeg
3F1D93DD-DE40-4627-BACB-EFE344C8FD27.jpeg

Attachments

• 9FEF31C0-AA74-42E6-849B-33FA420885F0.jpeg
    9FEF31C0-AA74-42E6-849B-33FA420885F0.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 9
Oh, I was expecting a Swimming Pool party. (Though I guess that would have been obvious and you guys like to get creative with the theming) But at least this is nice.

Good thing my mayor in New Leaf had a Café Uniform on, but I forbid to wear the New Horizon's version. I'd wear the custom made one made by Zura thank you.

Ooh, I love an excuse to redo my café area a bit! Placeholder post here; I’ll have an entry shortly :)
Please put all entries in new posts rather than editing them into old ones. We compile the entries for voting while going through the thread in linear order and don't go back to review posts we have already sorted through. This is part of the reason why we don't allow editing submissions later - we simply won't see any changes you make!

Back