• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Mafia XII: Mean Girls (GAME OVER THREE WAY TIE)

think your being a bit too harsh?
Learn how to play. You're not supposed to be nice and soft to people, you're supposed to win. A lot of people are glossing over people who have never played Mafia's mistakes and look where that led us with JelloFishXD. We wasted a few turns and others died. So far we have 2 mafia and I'm guessing cult can recruit soz lmao.

while your points may be valid on why i look sus, you do not need to sound like such a jerk to get your point across.
the only way to learn is to play, and you do not need to treat newbie mafia as containment. it is not like i am useless, i just do not know forum format as i have always played this game at camp.

while your points may be valid on why i look sus, you do not need to sound like such a jerk to get your point across.
the only way to learn is to play, and you do not need to treat newbie mafia as containment. it is not like i am useless, i just do not know forum format as i have always played this game at camp.
If you think that I'm being a jerk you probably should avoid mafia. I'm not being "a jerk," I'm being stern. People get a lot meaner than I do and they definitely tear away at your self esteem with insults so if you can't handle that then maybe it's not the game for you. Being at camp and actually playing with people online that all want to win are two completely different things.

Anyway, I fos 8floor. I'm expecting people to fos me for being bitter towards me; however, that'd be dumb because I proved my inno as an uncc'd Veteran and lynching off town is extremely dumb at this point because we're on D4 with one cult and one mafia killed.

condoning aggressive behavior under the pretense of "winning" really does not do good things for the mafia community. this is exactly why people have quit the forum because of mafia. we can play a game and have fun and play to win without being aggressive.
i am not saying my feelings are hurt, because that is not the case one bit, but accepting aggression as a natural part of mafia is more likely just to lessen the quality of the game for everyone...

it is not like i can really argue hard against your points because it is true that i have been inactive, but at this point, what can i really contribute when i have been left in the dark? people communicating out of thread leaves people like me out of the loop, and i do not think the answer is for me to just do the same thing, because then what is the point of even having a thread? why not just run mafia in irc all the time instead?

man, this has turned into a longwinded post about the problems i see with this game but eh

either way, you are wasting your time with suspicions on me...

condoning aggressive behavior under the pretense of "winning" really does not do good things for the mafia community. this is exactly why people have quit the forum because of mafia. we can play a game and have fun and play to win without being aggressive.
i am not saying my feelings are hurt, because that is not the case one bit, but accepting aggression as a natural part of mafia is more likely just to lessen the quality of the game for everyone...

it is not like i can really argue hard against your points because it is true that i have been inactive, but at this point, what can i really contribute when i have been left in the dark? people communicating out of thread leaves people like me out of the loop, and i do not think the answer is for me to just do the same thing, because then what is the point of even having a thread? why not just run mafia in irc all the time instead?

man, this has turned into a longwinded post about the problems i see with this game but eh

either way, you are wasting your time with suspicions on me...
Honey, mafia isn't only on the forums. People play like this too in person. Seeing as you've only played in camp, I'm assuming you had a little bit more of a friendly experience. Mafia is a cruel game in general and people who leave take things way too personally. The point of mafia is to be cruel and conniving to win the game. If you'd only looking for nice experiences in mafia, maybe you should keep things to summer camp because if you go on an actual website and play mafia competitively people can get a lot worse than this. :~)

This game allows PMs. Almost everyone is left in the dark about everything. People go behind each others backs, lie about roles, and manipulate others (also what mafia is!). I don't really care if I'm wasting my time or not. You're the most suspicious one there has been as of yet and everyone else is MIA. Wanna prove me wrong? Go ahead, roleclaim and maybe I'll leave you alone but as of now I'm sus of you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As for Pally, Oath, etc. earlier in this thread they didn't quit because of people being mean.

i already did roleclaim thank you for paying attention

- - - Post Merge - - -

and how am i supposed to know about what pally and oath did if people are so not willing to share information

i already did roleclaim thank you for paying attention

- - - Post Merge - - -

and how am i supposed to know about what pally and oath did if people are so not willing to share information
Yes? What are you?
Maybe try PMing them and ask, that's what others do! :~) Jumping to conclusions and assuming people quit because of others hurting your feelings and complaining about who's leaving you in the dark shows that you're not putting much of an effort into the game either.

at what point did i assume specifically that oath and pally quit because they got their feelings hurt? i made no such assumption. i know others have quit the forum entirely because of this game.

and i had no idea signing up that PMs would be 95% of this game. had i realized, i would not have bothered.

but just saying, well PMs happen here so live with it, does not mean that there is not a problem with the system. also, i have no idea what kind of game you are playing where being "cruel" is ok and justifiable and "fun". conniving is one thing. deception is one thing. being downright cruel is crossing the line, and if you think that the point is to make people feel bad to win, i will not be partaking in any more of these games

Student(Townie)

at what point did i assume specifically that oath and pally quit because they got their feelings hurt? i made no such assumption. i know others have quit the forum entirely because of this game.

and i had no idea signing up that PMs would be 95% of this game. had i realized, i would not have bothered.

but just saying, well PMs happen here so live with it, does not mean that there is not a problem with the system. also, i have no idea what kind of game you are playing where being "cruel" is ok and justifiable and "fun". conniving is one thing. deception is one thing. being downright cruel is crossing the line, and if you think that the point is to make people feel bad to win, i will not be partaking in any more of these games
ya mite not wan 2 play mafia online den bc ppl r mean and like 2 win and bc no 1 leadin lynch, ima stepin up....... if u think im mean den other ppl r vry vry cruel in other places

Ok, stepping in here to say something.
I know you feel very left out 8floor. But sometimes you have to make the step to be in PM circles. Don't worry, some games will ban PMs. I know that if I ever host I'll probably ban PMs. And yes, people have quit the forums because of mafia because of how bad they were treated. I can name one or two. (Not Oath, Pally or Prin. These people actually left TBT) But Aerious wasn't really being mean. I wouldn't consider her posts mean or harsh at all.

I'll post on who I think we should lynch today tomorrow (my internet is really awful right now)

Can we stop arguing about the harshness of mafia and discuss who to lynch? Someone besides 8floor. We really don't need another miss noodle incident. And you said it yourself Aerious that were 4 days in with 1 scum skill and a cult

Okay, well I can basically confirm that Prin/Jer are cult because one of the DT's told me they inspected them a couple days ago. The only reason I haven't revealed this is because the gunsmith was supposed to give the same DT a gift (gun) to shoot Jer/Prin so we didn't have to waste a lynch on them, but we're waiting to see if Purpl messed things up or not. So if the DT doesn't end up getting the gun, I guess we should lynch Jeremy. :|

Okay, well I can basically confirm that Prin/Jer are cult because one of the DT's told me they inspected them a couple days ago. The only reason I haven't revealed this is because the gunsmith was supposed to give the same DT a gift (gun) to shoot Jer/Prin so we didn't have to waste a lynch on them, but we're waiting to see if Purpl messed things up or not. So if the DT doesn't end up getting the gun, I guess we should lynch Jeremy. :|

Um, what?? That's funny, because I talked to a detective too earlier today, and they told me you're mafia!

And how's that?

shes pre mch gained trust with a few people + i have + u started the game early hOW THE **** DO U KNOW THE DT ALREADY + she was outed earlier and is literally targeted by mafia + she was outed on a post but i dont remember which post.

unless sunshinetea must be like insane cop lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

which is possible bc there are irc maf roles in here [i think?]

shes pre mch gained trust with a few people + i have + u started the game early hOW THE **** DO U KNOW THE DT ALREADY + she was outed earlier and is literally targeted by mafia + she was outed on a post but i dont remember which post.

unless sunshinetea must be like insane cop lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

which is possible bc there are irc maf roles in here [i think?]

The only "proof" I was given was that MissNoodle claimed to know her role. Not sure how that matters. How do you know she was targeted by mafia then?

Because protected myself night 2 and was told I was targeted.

That isn't proof. Anyone could say that. If that's really all you had going for you, I'm glad I came into this game when I did. Far too many new players have trusted you. I could say I protected myself last night too, what's the difference? You've clearly taken advantage of your mafia seniority in the early game. Who wouldn't, really? But now I'm here to point out the flaws in your assertions.

Back