• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Mafia VII: Animal Crossing [Game Over/Town Win]

I assume because it's not specific whether or not Jubs will tell you if it hits. From Jubs post it doesn't seem like anyone fell into a pitfall.

I did but unfortunately, I did not roll block anyone last night :( I used the pitfall on Trundle. He doesn't seem to have any actions so I found that out at least.

Well, if Trundle was scum, then there is a high probability of the mafia sending in their kills through another person, having no apparent affect on the game except a missing roleblock or frame if he's a roleblocker or framer

- - - Post Merge - - -

What I'm saying is don't clear Trundle as innocent, we don't want a repeat of last game

Well, if Trundle was scum, then there is a high probability of the mafia sending in their kills through another person, having no apparent affect on the game except a missing roleblock or frame if he's a roleblocker or framer
That's true because if they have 7 or 8 people, they don't need everyone to kill someone. Plus I'm still not sure if Jubs would tell us if pitfalls actually block someone. And I imagine if we ask him he will just say it's a closed game or post a smiley face.

I'd like to remind everybody that Kaiaa already used all of her Bells up, except for the 1 Bell she earned when she passed the Night phase. Six Bells are up for auction, and she wouldn't have enough to purchase the Observatory Pass, unless someone decides to donate to her of course.

I will confirm this, I only have 1 bell as of right now. So even if I did get the bells I would only be able to test the Amazing Machine unless someone donated a bell.

Karla you say you have 0 bells of your own, that means you don't get bells at night either, correct?

What I'm saying is don't clear Trundle as innocent, we don't want a repeat of last game

It may not clear him, but unless someone can confirm whether or not a pitfall hit blocks someone and Jubs tells you when it does, we don't really know. Tests are better if we do them multiple times, so if anyone finds out we need to know. If hits DO receive a PM that would be awesome but I'm now thinking Jer could be right and we'll never find out.

I will say that role blocks do not provide feedback except in the case where a blocked Player will be informed if their action failed due to a block. (only if they actually used something that was blocked)

I will say that role blocks do not provide feedback except in the case where a blocked Player will be informed if their action failed due to a block. (only if they actually used something that was blocked)

In that case it seems our test failed. If I'm reading correctly only the person blocked gets the PM? So then no one is really cleared and we are back to square one :(

Trundle is scum.

So what gets me the most is his roleclaim. Multiple times in the IRC he has come straight out as a Veteran. I'm sure others can back me up on this assertion. Now I'm trying to think why he would do this. The point of a veteran is to make Mafia waste hits on you. Publicly announcing that you are a vet defeats the purpose of this. I see this as a way for him to "immunise" himself from hits at night, then when he magically emerges unscathed the next day, he can just put it down to "yeah I scared the Mafia off hitting me". It's pretty easy to see right through that.

Let's not forget his opening post and the pearl of wisdom inside:
First off, I want to say that we need to watch out for the people who are quick to role claim. The mafia this game have a list a safe role claims, and it would be easy for them to push out some vague role and then hope it gains the trust of the town.
Then when Karen makes a post about Tom roleclaiming and posting his list, Trundle is suddenly very quick to forget his advice:
I do it quite often in my townie games as well, actually. Claiming townie is a great way to get the mafia to just leave you alone, especially for strong players who have a lot to say in the game. I do understand how you're calling him out, but it's commonly done, I've done it like the last 3-4 games (even though I'm always still targeted night one but protected by doctors, btw don't protect me).
This, along with his own Veteran roleclaim, is a little inconsistent, right? If he always claims townie as town, why has he suddenly gone for Veteran this time? I don't blame him though, it can be hard to keep a consistent story when you're a liar.

Then we have this, atypical Godfather post:
I'm pretty sure if there is a DT who wants to inspect me, go ahead.
Why are you encouraging DTs to waste inspections on you, if you know you're town? Every game I watch or take part in, I lambaste people for using DTs to confirm innocents, rather than find scum. We win the game by finding and killing scum, not by finding town to circlejerk over.

And talk about fostering a terrible thread atmosphere.
THIS GAME
IS NOT ABOUT
YOUR FEELINGS
WE CAN ACCUSE YOU ALL YOU WANT. YOUR POSTS SUCK. IT'S TRUE. IT'S PROVEN. WE CAN GO BACK AND LOOK AT THEM. YOU CHOOSE TO POST THOSE THINGS. YOU HAVE AT LEAST BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE TO TRY AND DEFEND YOURSELF WHILE THOSE WHO HAVEN'T POSTED HAVE NOT HAD THAT CHANCE DUE TO BEING BUSY

STOP
STOP GETTING UPSET WHEN PEOPLE ACCUSE YOU, AND JUST PLAY THE GAME LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO
IT'S A DAY ONE LYNCH, IF YOU CAN SHOW YOU'RE ACTUALLY TRYING TO DO SOMETHING, YOU CAN AVOID BEING LYNCHED
You know exactly what kind of player Beary is, you've mentioned it in previous posts. Rather than constantly trying to mould other players into what you want them to be, learn to accept how they are and play around it. All that post does is turn an already crappy thread into an even bigger poopfest. Between people like you upsetting Beary, and Horus & Dolby trolling oath, it's no wonder people want to avoid this garbage thread.

Oh, and Ashtot died, how convenient given how quickly he found you out last game.
VOTE: Trundle

Thank you Kaiaa for testing out the pitfall. As it essentially functions like a roleblock, and it didn't trigger on Trundle last night, we can safely say that he is not some sort of blue power role. It shouldn't stop Mafia from using their kills. With this, I see even less reason for why he would legitly claim veteran.

Regarding items, I would still love to receive the 6 bells that are being given away, just so I can see what the Amazing Machine does. I'd be happy to give the remaining two bells to Kaiaa or whoever else we vote for to receive the bells. All transfers are public so you can hold me to that. Or if Kaiaa get the bells, I would appreciate receiving 4 of those.

I think Kaiaa deserves the bells to be honest. She's a strong player. c:
This pitfall dilemma is complicated. Trundle will have to speak up that he got the PM if he did....I'm not really sure how it works..

Wow Karla, that post was....informative, and very convincing. I'd like to hear a defense from Trundle.
If the KP was the same, wouldn't that mean that he could be a role blocker, or mafia doctor?

He also stated that detectives could investigate him. Maybe he's godfather?
I have been in PM contact with Trundle. He did claim veteran to me. If he is mafia, I'm screwed. I claimed to him, which was a bit of a stupid move.

- - - Post Merge - - -

By KP, I meant number of kills, sorry. I'm not that well informed on how KP works.

If he is mafia, I'm screwed. I claimed to him, which was a bit of a stupid move.

.. and now you claimed to the whole thread c:

I don't have an opinion on trundle to be honest. if he is scum then he certainly improved from last game, but I'm not entirely convinced to vote for him :lemon:

plus I think we should be discussing who should get the bells first.

I don't have an opinion on trundle to be honest. if he is scum then he certainly improved from last game, but I'm not entirely convinced to vote for him :lemon:

I've already claimed a blue role in the thread a while back, even though it was unnoticed.

Either way, you shouldn't have brought it up until Trundle flips red, which is unlikely in my opinion.

You seem pretty convinced that Trundle is innocent, care to give a more useful reason for that? Who gets the bells is not important, discussing the lynch for today should take priority. As I understand it, we don't get extra time today just because of the bell vote, day will still last 48 hours altogether.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your entire post is just wishywashy as hell.

I'm wondering if we should just throw them in the ocean. 6 Bells is a lot to accidentally give to the wrong person.

All this says to me is that you are trying way too hard to look pro-town.

He was godfather last game and you killed him. If I were you, I'd be having a much stronger opinion on him, since I'd be knowing how exactly he plays.

All this says to me is that you are trying way too hard to look pro-town.

He was godfather last game and you killed him. If I were you, I'd be having a much stronger opinion on him, since I'd be knowing how exactly he plays.

Why? Because I don't know who should get the Bells? Ideally it would be nice if you all send them to me! :)

Well, there has to be someone you trust.

There isn't yet. I started briefly talking to people in IRC on day one but I didn't really get into it yesterday. Plus one of them died. I need to start talking to people again tonight before I know what's going on. Anyway, since people are suggesting Kaiaa, I'm not getting a scummy vibe from her, but for all I know she could be SK because I'm not sure how to detect that really.

And in my opinion bells would actually help SK the most because they are on their own and have the biggest need for them. Town is already the richest group since it has most bells, which is why I thought we might want to throw them in the ocean.

Back