• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia TBT Mafia VII: Animal Crossing [Game Over/Town Win]

are you saying that the pitfall and shovel have two separate actions ?

I am not exactly sure about the shovel as I did not purchase it but I am guessing it is only a set up for the pitfall.

please don't waste your bells on the watercooler
at max one more person can buy to confirm but seriously it's a waste of bell :(

Time to get started with my ever so helpful and depressing strong player chart, keep in mind this doesn't automatically mean "One of the strong players is mafia, we need to lynch/kill X to find the scum". It's merely a list to refer to for anything and everything you might find it applicable to.

With that said, I really think we ought to lynch someone from the U/N/N category. Not the newbies, but the non-contributors like Cory, LittleBeary, Jeremy, pallycake, Makkine, Fireninja1 or Purplpanda.

• Cory - He's a distraction, plain and simple. He showed he doesn't take the games very seriously when the fingers are pointed at him and he's yet to actually contribute anything worthwhile in a mafia game other than slip up and get lynched.
  • LittleBeary - Same as Cory, a distraction. It's nice to have fun in mafia, but keep it to Chatzy or some other instant messaging client.
  • Jeremy - Mostly nothing but one liners and generally scummy behavior. Just when we've cleared up an issue a few days/pages ago, Jer likes to drag it back up with usually irrelevant information.
  • Pallycake - Typically doesn't even post in mafia games, as much as I like Pally as a person, you're awful at mafia and generally post antagonizing remarks.
  • Makkine - Pally has the decency to post and keep up with the thread, Makkine doesn't. Probably the easiest lynch here; Blue, Green, Red, or Yellow. Essentially did nothing in the previous mafia games they signed up for.
  • Fireninja1 - Kind of like pally, except just obvious and doesn't keep up with the thread. Somehow manages to avoid getting modkilled every single game, usually contributes nothing.
  • Purplpanda - Really didn't do a thing in Mafia VI up until the final day or two, presumably only helped out by lending their vote and used their detective powers. When they were mafia in Kingmaker they didn't even show up to the thread other than to sign up.

Out of those names listed, I think Cory, Makkine or Fireninja1 should be our prime lynch candidates for today.

Regarding items, none of us clearly know what they do. It would greatly help us all if we could have a few volunteers purchase the items and share the descriptions with us. You don't have to and Justin said you could in the IRC, so knowing what these things do could be an advantage for us all. Just make sure you don't copy and paste the PM, just give us a quick and dirty description in your own words.

Finally, I recommend keeping on eye on the strong players. Roles are mostly likely to be randomized to prevent lists like I made from being 100% useful, but a threat to town is a strong player who's really varied their actions. Reflect back to KarlaKGB in Game V, people grew suspicious as he wasn't acting pro-town like he had in the previous game(s). Make sure you share those suspicions with someone you think you can trust, it would be a shame if a trail suddenly went cold because you didn't share.

What the derp? I'm in the strong category? I'm flattered but I don't even see myself as ranking with (some) of you. o:

ANYWAYS, I agree with 2 of the names you said we should consider: Makkine, FireNinja1 and Pallycake. Makkine literally did nothing in the game s/he signed up in (which one were they even in??), Pallycake seemed to, as you pointed out, just want to cause drama and FireNinja often draws our attention to him while the real mafia gets by quietly. They seem like the best options, but we should wait and hear something from them. <:

I'm going to buy the shovel. That leaves me with 1 bell, I'll let you know what it does later

What the derp? I'm in the strong category? I'm flattered but I don't even see myself as ranking with (some) of you. o:

ANYWAYS, I agree with 2 of the names you said we should consider: Makkine, FireNinja1 and Pallycake. Makkine literally did nothing in the game s/he signed up in (which one were they even in??), Pallycake seemed to, as you pointed out, just want to cause drama and FireNinja often draws our attention to him while the real mafia gets by quietly. They seem like the best options, but we should wait and hear something from them. <:
Lunatic the whole medic incident she had was in mmIII and she got wotc'ed in mafia VI. And I agree with you about holding the votes until they make a defense.

Lunatic the whole medic incident she had was in mmIII and she got wotc'ed in mafia VI. And I agree with you about holding the votes until they make a defense.

Btw, do you think you will have a less distracting behavior this game? We don't really want to deal with distractions/non-contributors late-game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw, do you think you will have a less distracting behavior this game? We don't really want to deal with distractions/non-contributors late-game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes I promise I won't.

You'll never guess what it does. It buries stuff. If anyone wants to test the pitfall/shovel thing we can do it tonight if someone transfers me 1 bell.

You'll never guess what it does. It buries stuff. If anyone wants to test the pitfall/shovel thing we can do it tonight if someone transfers me 1 bell.

What does burying stuff entail? Or is that still unknown?

What a post Tom! You accuse me of "generally scummy behavior," something you've said in every game unless you were mafia or host. So I've been town every game while you thought I was mafia, and that is your reason for thinking I am mafia in this game? That is very bad logic. What irrelevant information are you talking about anyway? I haven't posted yet.

I have a hard time understanding what you were thinking by saying that, which only makes me think you are scum again and are picking random names out of a hat. Just think about it. You say I have had "scummy" behavior in previous games. Yet I've never been scum. So clearly this means you are bad at detecting "scummy" behavior and only prove yourself wrong or, like I said, are picking names out of a hat to lynch / kill.

Not to mention that's wrong. Just look at my Mafia V posts, which were lengthy. You killed me in the last game on night one, so it was hard to get much input in while I was dead!

Keep up with the thread or die, we shouldn't spend pages reiterating things. Granted I'll give you Mafia VI as I did kill you, but Mafia V less contributive posts outnumbered your contributions. Honestly, anyone can go through your post history in Mafia V and Mini Mafia 4 to see what I mean. And just because you haven't been scum yet doesn't some how get you off the hook here.

You're welcome to speculate that I'm scum, you're just wrong there. This circular logic you're attempting to use here doesn't help you either.

Also I purchased a Bulletin Pin. You have seventy characters (half a tweet) to say something. If you have a suggestion on what I should put on it, you're welcome to PM me about it.

I suppose you can bury any item you have, it's not specific, but I know it's most likely for the pitfall

What does burying do? Is it like some kind of extra storage space? O: or like some kinda secret super weapon?

I'll send Kaiaa the bell if you guys are up for it

Oooo gold for my theory?

(I was posting what I just said while he posted this in IRC)

[11:14pm] Tom29193:
If it's regarding your post history or "ranking", I really don't care. I'm just throwing names out there, the only ones who should be concerned are Cory, Makkine and Fireninja

Names from that category. There are some names I listed that I could care less about having lynched today (you), while there are names I very much would like to see hung today.

What does burying do? Is it like some kind of extra storage space? O: or like some kinda secret super weapon?

I'll send Kaiaa the bell if you guys are up for it

I don't think burying is an extra storage space but we should probably make sure of that. And if you are up for it I'll get the pitfall to bury tonight.

If you bury an item can you dig it back up at a later date?

Back