• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia TBT Mafia VII: Animal Crossing [Game Over/Town Win]

Recommended Course of Action

Time to get started with my ever so helpful and depressing strong player chart, keep in mind this doesn't automatically mean "One of the strong players is mafia, we need to lynch/kill X to find the scum". It's merely a list to refer to for anything and everything you might find it applicable to.

Strong Players:
Trundle, BlueLeaf, Tom, Minties, Oath2order, KarlaKGB, Ashtot, ProfGallows, Lunatic, Gandalf

Great Players:
Karen, lynn105, Blueleaf, Horus, BellBringerGreen, Dolby, Farobi, Kuma, Prin, VillageDweller, tsundere

Unknowns/Non-contributors/Newbies:
Cory, Kaiaa, LittleBeary, Jeremy, Lithia, ACNL noodle, Kit, Puppy, TheCreeperHugz, pallycake, makkine, fireninja1, purplpanda, truffle

With that said, I really think we ought to lynch someone from the U/N/N category. Not the newbies, but the non-contributors like Cory, LittleBeary, Jeremy, pallycake, Makkine, Fireninja1 or Purplpanda.

• Cory - He's a distraction, plain and simple. He showed he doesn't take the games very seriously when the fingers are pointed at him and he's yet to actually contribute anything worthwhile in a mafia game other than slip up and get lynched.
  • LittleBeary - Same as Cory, a distraction. It's nice to have fun in mafia, but keep it to Chatzy or some other instant messaging client.
  • Jeremy - Mostly nothing but one liners and generally scummy behavior. Just when we've cleared up an issue a few days/pages ago, Jer likes to drag it back up with usually irrelevant information.
  • Pallycake - Typically doesn't even post in mafia games, as much as I like Pally as a person, you're awful at mafia and generally post antagonizing remarks.
  • Makkine - Pally has the decency to post and keep up with the thread, Makkine doesn't. Probably the easiest lynch here; Blue, Green, Red, or Yellow. Essentially did nothing in the previous mafia games they signed up for.
  • Fireninja1 - Kind of like pally, except just obvious and doesn't keep up with the thread. Somehow manages to avoid getting modkilled every single game, usually contributes nothing.
  • Purplpanda - Really didn't do a thing in Mafia VI up until the final day or two, presumably only helped out by lending their vote and used their detective powers. When they were mafia in Kingmaker they didn't even show up to the thread other than to sign up.

Out of those names listed, I think Cory, Makkine or Fireninja1 should be our prime lynch candidates for today.

Regarding items, none of us clearly know what they do. It would greatly help us all if we could have a few volunteers purchase the items and share the descriptions with us. You don't have to and Justin said you could in the IRC, so knowing what these things do could be an advantage for us all. Just make sure you don't copy and paste the PM, just give us a quick and dirty description in your own words.

Finally, I recommend keeping on eye on the strong players. Roles are mostly likely to be randomized to prevent lists like I made from being 100% useful, but a threat to town is a strong player who's really varied their actions. Reflect back to KarlaKGB in Game V, people grew suspicious as he wasn't acting pro-town like he had in the previous game(s). Make sure you share those suspicions with someone you think you can trust, it would be a shame if a trail suddenly went cold because you didn't share.

Um so we are lynching the inactives?

Lynn isn't really inactive, she just doesn't post very often. Just my opinion.
She did ask my role though.

I really want to lynch Makkine.
Before I started playing mafia I looked back at some past threads
she was a blue role and didn't even send in an action .-.
//sorry makkine

If anyone wants to transfer me 1 bell I will test the shovel and pitfall. If worst comes to worst and I die, at least we have a shovel and pitfall to distribute. By the way my roll is Cyrus, the only thing special about me is that I have 1 extra bell to start with.

//sorry makkine

Which is absolutely why Makkine would be the easiest and safest lynch. Waiting for a defense from them is an absolute waste too, considering the only reason they posted in the previous game was because I prodded them to. If you're not going to help your team, don't waste our time.

//sorry makkine

yeah i looked back and i was like ouch when they lynched her. though i think the inactive people should at least be given some time before we lynch them. (i think she said she wanted to be more active this game while signing up??) and i think she uses the irc so people can talk to her there??

also cory you bought the pitfall right? what does it do?

Friendly reminder that you can share what items do using your own words and paraphrasing, but you cannot screenshot or copy/paste directly, just like a role PM.

Cory and Fn1 should be inspected, if they turn up bad, lynch/Vig/Item(?). Makkine seems like the safest option, as she hurts Town whether she's Town or Mafia (like iLoveYou :saltshaker:) to an extreme extent. A waste of protections seems like the most stupid choice out of everything that a player could do.

What a post Tom! You accuse me of "generally scummy behavior," something you've said in every game unless you were mafia or host. So I've been town every game while you thought I was mafia, and that is your reason for thinking I am mafia in this game? That is very bad logic. What irrelevant information are you talking about anyway? I haven't posted yet.

I have a hard time understanding what you were thinking by saying that, which only makes me think you are scum again and are picking random names out of a hat. Just think about it. You say I have had "scummy" behavior in previous games. Yet I've never been scum. So clearly this means you are bad at detecting "scummy" behavior and only prove yourself wrong or, like I said, are picking names out of a hat to lynch / kill.

Not to mention that's wrong. Just look at my Mafia V posts, which were lengthy. You killed me in the last game on night one, so it was hard to get much input in while I was dead!

★night 1 plan★

1. lynch an inactive
Makkine?

2. test the shovel & pitfall
unfortunately we can't do this without revealing to mafia who is testing it, because bell transfers need to be made public. tbh, I think that we either a) can't test this night 1 or b) have a few people test it and hope the action goes through before they die? (obviously mafia will target those with more bells)

3. don't buy the watercooler
i am 90% sure it's useless

4. wills
I strongly suggest some of you start writing up your wills (sorry). Especially Kaiaa now that you publicly roleclaimed that you have more bells than others. Town will need your bells to buy actions, so if you feel like you will be targeted, write it up.

5. don't roleclaim
we've already had 2 roleclaims and it hasn't even been an hour in yet. this is just making it easier for mafia to target people, especially blue roles.

yeahhh i think thats it anyone have opinions?

Oooo gold for my theory?

(I was posting what I just said while he posted this in IRC)

[11:14pm] Tom29193:
If it's regarding your post history or "ranking", I really don't care. I'm just throwing names out there, the only ones who should be concerned are Cory, Makkine and Fireninja

★night 1 plan★

1. lynch an inactive
Makkine?

2. test the shovel & pitfall
unfortunately we can't do this without revealing to mafia who is testing it, because bell transfers need to be made public. tbh, I think that we either a) can't test this night 1 or b) have a few people test it and hope the action goes through before they die? (obviously mafia will target those with more bells)

3. don't buy the watercooler
i am 90% sure it's useless

4. wills
I strongly suggest some of you start writing up your wills (sorry). Especially Kaiaa now that you publicly roleclaimed that you have more bells than others. Town will need your bells to buy actions, so if you feel like you will be targeted, write it up.

5. don't roleclaim
we've already had 2 roleclaims and it hasn't even been an hour in yet. this is just making it easier for mafia to target people, especially blue roles.

yeahhh i think thats it anyone have opinions?

With #2 it should be with someone who has already bought 1 of the items and someone else gives a bell donation.

I think someone should just try out the watercooler; it couldn't hurt to try and bells aren't too hard to earn back. Unless everyone thinks its truly useless that is.

Back