• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Tanning

I tan, a lot. I'm naturally super pale but during the summer I can get really dark. But sometimes I tan in the winter just so my skin doesn't look totally see through, my gym has tanning sessions all year round so I just use that.

Last edited:
Sort of. I don't really care much for tan or whatever but probably easier than others.

As for being it.. well it's alright I don't get the fun of being outside for hours to get it though.

i always get tans, never burn. i have never gotten a sunburn my entire life and i rarely use sunscreen. got a tan every summer because of band camp.
and every time i mention this i gotta give side-eye to some ignorant ass who is like "black ppl can tan???!?????!? :0"
i dont mind getting a tan at all

In the camp of burning over tanning. I'm assuming it's to do with genes on my Dad's side of the family. Neither of my parents burn, but my grandmother and her sisters burn easily.

ty for the ginger gene, gran.

im naturally a tan, but i go paler in winter. I tan really easily, but if i get too much sun on me, i get a sunburn which then fades to a really dark colour aha~

I have (And always had) clear, white skin, and I'm proud. I personally don't like tanning because I feel everyone should love the skin they're in, but of course it's their decision. I've been told that I have "porcelain skin", and I take it as a compliment lol.

Do you tan easily?
yes

Do you want to be tan?
not really

Are you just naturally a tan person.
i'm black so..

I'm a naturally tan person! I love my skin. It's not too pale and not too tan. I also have naturally rosy cheeks, sO HECK YEA IM CUTE

One funny thing I noticed is that a large, LARGE majority of the people in my country think that the whiter and paler you are, the prettier you are. (Not kidding. The prettiest girls in my school are white af.) And people who are darker are pretty much laughed at. I've heard my classmates use the n-word at a girl who had dark skin. (She was a mega-***** tho. I just wish they used something other than the n-word.)

We have lotions meant to whiten your skin, serums, soap, etc. There are even bottles full of a liquid that you are supposed to inject to yourself to make your skin whiter. (Eep!) And there are some medications to make skin whiter.

Because of that, we are often jealous of Americans. (And anybody who has pale skin, really.)

But foreigners who have pale skin like to make their skin tanner and darker. Like tanning beds (never seen them before in my country!) Spray on tans, etc.

//okay im out with my ****ty essay

Although im white, i tan pretty easily. Im not one of those super pale white folks.. I hardly ever burn unless im in the sun for hours.

i only get tan when i swim/beach , my mom slathers me in sin screen, leg sunscreen, face sunscreen, those rotatable sunscreen for the neck :;( we end up looking like geishas lol

i only get tan when i swim/beach , my mom slathers me in sin screen, leg sunscreen, face sunscreen, those rotatable sunscreen for the neck :;( we end up looking like geishas lol

better safe than sorry! you'll be laughing when everyone else has worse wrinkles than you, and/or skin cancer

I think its hilarious that people are so much into tan. Sure it can look nice, but unless you going to solarium (which is just moronic) or tanning naked (which not a lot of people can/want to do) you getting those really ugly white stripes and that just looks so ridiculous. So better stay white in my opinion :D

i'm super white and i've never really tried to tan, so i don't know if i burn easily or not but y'know?

I hate the sun so no, I will forever be as pale as a ghost, soon I will be able to enter the spirit realm without having to be dead​

Back