Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Perfect Apple
New Leaf Token
Perfect Cherry
Pink Balloon
So recently I downloaded the Splatoon 2 Demo to see if I liked the game to determine if I should buy it or not. The problem is I can get into the game and join a a match lobby, but when I actually get into a match it gives me the "Connection Unstable" message then kicks me out of the game back to the match lobby again. I then took the internet speed test in that same room and got 21.0 Mbps Download, and 1.3 Mbps upload. This is actually a pretty good internet speed so I do not know why it gives me the connection message. I tried playing about 7 matches in this same room and it did the exact same thing. I then sit about 5 feet next to my router and the game match finally works, but the internet speed was just a bit higher than in the other room. I was wondering how to fix this problem because I do not want to constantly sit 5 ft from my router to play a game, and I have tried power cycling my home network but it did not fix the problem. I am curious if any of you know how to fix this problem and what might actually be causing this problem.

Yeah I' not sure. I contacted customer support and they just basically said they can't help me, as it is probably a problem with my router and not my switch, but when I did the internet speed test in the two spots they were almost the same. I was thinking about getting the game, but if I have to always play 5 ft from the router and if I don't will disconnect, I will probably not get the game.

splatoon serves are always like that during splatfests, im guessing its bc of the demo that the servers are overloaded again

That sure is the splat way... I used to DC constantly at my old place, even when we weren't in the middle of Splatfest, cuz I had 3 roommates & we had bad Wi-Fi. At my new place, I have fiber-optic internet, there's only one person on the Wi-Fi, and I almost never DC. I would not be surprised if the servers are overloaded rn as well. If you have family, I would wait to play until everyone has gotten off the Wi-Fi & see if you don't DC then.

It's just a noraml thing that happens. Even it haven't happen to me awhile but it still did for my sister like once this year.

Yeah that happened to me today on my actual copy, the servers might be overloaded at the time you're playing. The wifi is a little wonky where I live, but it usually does just fine. It happens on Pokémon all the time, so I guess I'm just not really surprised about this XD
If it gives you trouble, give ut a few minutes and try again, that's what I usually end up having to do.

Back