• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

I want a practice mode.

It's easier to learn and get used to controls without having to worry about AI trying to murder your ass.

I think if you go into Group and then choose your character you can head into a practice screen for as long as you want. I may be wrong. I know I was with my brother and we practiced for awhile but I'm not sure if you need another person in the room or not. Try it out!

Tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.

Oh well.

(also wish it let you use this gold for something, but that's a minor issue)

Well, if you have a friend over you can both go into practice mode at the same time! It's separate rooms!

Tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.

Oh well.

(also wish it let you use this gold for something, but that's a minor issue)

The gold, transfers to the main game when you get it, so you can actually buy trophys and stuff.

I think if you go into Group and then choose your character you can head into a practice screen for as long as you want. I may be wrong. I know I was with my brother and we practiced for awhile but I'm not sure if you need another person in the room or not. Try it out!

You can do it on your own; just have a CPU as the second player in Group.

Just found out that Megaman can bascially cancel hit-stun with his up b... It's pretty broken so hopefully it gets patched, haha.

I really love link in this game.

But seriously, I was super hyped for little Mac and Robin but I never got to use him ._.

I think they should have available some of the new characters (like pac man, wii fit trainer, ect) so that way we can get used to their controls. Speaking of controls, what about a practice mode, I just have to mash buttons to try and get the move I want. The game is fun but the Demo doesn't show its full potential.

I just played 1 v 1 against a Level 1 computer the first few rounds to get used to the game. A practice mode would have been nice, though.

I tried to do that but I just kept falling off the edge with accidental save moves that I pressed or fell off with the villagers flying gryroid attack

I'm actually trying to practice gyroid+balloon fight combo mainly.

Its entirely possible, and allows for very cheap and effective saves/combos (which balloon fight on its own is already cheap enough, so lel) but half the time I get locked into falling while flapping arms animation until I die.

Last edited:
Back