• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

Ahh, so you're just talking about the Villager? I haven't used anyone besides Mario yet, but when I play against the Villager, he never gets on the Gyroid. I assume there's an option to ride on it or just let it take off by itself? If so, that's really useful. The Gyroid goes far, so the Villager has crazy Horizontal and Vertical recovery.

yeah, you can ride

I think if you're midair he automatically gets on, but its possible to dock it even while grounded

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait no

he'll automatically get on if you use the move twice in a row

otherwise it just shoots off by itself

Well, that's awesome then. You can pretty much save yourself from any situation with both those moves. What happens when the Gyroid reaches the end of the trail while the Villager is on? Does he just fall off it or does he jump off? Also, that bowling ball has KO'd me more times than I'd care to admit.

Well, that's awesome then. You can pretty much save yourself from any situation with both those moves. What happens when the Gyroid reaches the end of the trail while the Villager is on? Does he just fall off it or does he jump off? Also, that bowling ball has KO'd me more times than I'd care to admit.

I'm actually not too sure, as I've always jumped off before it finished

and yeah, aside from dying due to practice stunts the only times I've been killed is when the ai knocked me so far off the screen I couldn't even use any moves in response

even recovering off the bottom of the map is no challenge

Last edited:
Just realized that you can use Villagers axe by itself if you have a tree planted on stage, as if he wasn't already OP lol.

I'm actually not too sure, as I've always jumped off before it finished

and yeah, aside from dying due to practice stunts the only times I've been killed is when the ai knocked me so far off the screen I couldn't even use any moves in response

even recovering off the bottom of the map is no challenge

I'm going to be using Villager after I'm done using Mario, so I can get in the OP-ness.

Now that you mention it, that's the only way I've ever killed the Villager. That, or meteor smash him to death.

All of these talk of the Villager.
Might main him.
But Mega Man's going to be my main, even if people don't know how to use him.

I don't know why everyone's complaining about the Villager, I haven't had specific problems with any of the demo characters.

I don't know why everyone's complaining about the Villager, I haven't had specific problems with any of the demo characters.

I'm not complaining

I'm just saying his recovery is even crazier than Meta Knight's. Which it is.

Like if no patches happen, I could easily see him getting banned in competitive play just for his recovery alone.

Last edited:
I'm not complaining

I'm just saying his recovery is even crazier than Meta Knight's. Which it is.

Like if no patches happen, I could easily see him getting banned in competitive play just for his recovery alone.

His recovery isn't really that broken, I mean it's decent but no different from Snake or Meta Knight or Pit.

Last edited:
really though

bfjso8dwnfo4nv5aeiay.gif

and this is not a challenge to pull off at all, I've done it plenty of times

which considering right below the map is usually a death zone, this should say a lot

Last edited:
>2 recovery moves that allow you to effectively save yourself from anywhere on the map provided you aren't one-shotted off
>no different

get gud

Two recovery moves?

I guess I'll have to face someone who's good with Villager before I understand what you guys are talking about.

Back