• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Screamo Music

KCourtnee

Bells
What are your opinions on it?

I think it's all just terrible. It's not in anyway a "talent". It's just extremely annoying and a pathetic excuse for music.

There's one thing we can agree on, troll.

It's terrible, I just hate it. But if people think that it appeals to their emotions, then I guess they should continue to listen to it :\

I don't even consider it music. It's just screaming. I mean, ANYONE can scream into a microphone.

i used to listen to bands like Escape the Fate and Chiodos. not any more though.

Um, most screamo music is extremely complex and takes more talent to play (and scream/sing) than other genres.

the city sleeps in flames is as close to screamo as i knowingly enjoy

but i love screaming in most music
example:

the city sleeps in flames is as close to screamo as i knowingly enjoy

but i love screaming in most music
example:

The only band that I like thast would qualify under the 'screamo' category is Scary Kids Scaring Kids. I only like a few songs so I'm not really a big fan. I like ONE Eyes Set To Kill song. It's called Reach. Not that much screaming in it, thank god.

Hah. Very typical views on the genre. Hardcore, as all call it is not all bad. You just have to find to right bands. Also when you said that it takes no talent, you are absolutely wrong. I hate to bash you but that is such a closes and idiotic way to look at it. The screaming actually takes a ton of practice and commitment. I'd like to see you try to scream for 40 minutes for 6 days a week. The drummers of hardcore bands are ****ing insane and the guitars and bass have to be very tight live. It is the HARDEST music to play, especially if you are just beginning. Please actually know what your talking about before you bash it.

Dont criticize what you cant understand.

Hah. Very typical views on the genre. Hardcore, as all call it is not all bad. You just have to find to right bands. Also when you said that it takes no talent, you are absolutely wrong. I hate to bash you but that is such a closes and idiotic way to look at it. The screaming actually takes a ton of practice and commitment. I'd like to see you try to scream for 40 minutes for 6 days a week. The drummers of hardcore bands are ****ing insane and the guitars and bass have to be very tight live. It is the HARDEST music to play, especially if you are just beginning. Please actually know what your talking about before you bash it.

Dont criticize what you cant understand.

I never said the people who play the instruments have no talent, I just said the screaming is no talent.

And also about screaming for 40 minutes a day for 6 days a week, here's the thing. I wouldn't ever do that. Why? Because that trashes your vocal cords and your voice will be ****. Sorry but I'd rather not sound like **** in my youngest years. I want to keep my voice :)

I completely agree with you Courtney. Nothing more reminds me of death, the devil, drug/rough life, and hell from these songs. From my observations, people who enjoy and participate in these bands are socially ****ed up, and who ever raised them completely failed. Like when is it okay for a guy to wear jeggings, be a douchebag, have premarital sex, and get on heroin AND be praised and honored by people for screaming into the microphone with some phony accent.

The "hardest" music to be played is a typical view from someone who idles these idiots. While half assed lyrics about their wasteful lives are being eaten up, classical orchestras, operas, and local theaters are dying. What went wrong for this to happen?

I never said the people who play the instruments have no talent, I just said the screaming is no talent.

And also about screaming for 40 minutes a day for 6 days a week, here's the thing. I wouldn't ever do that. Why? Because that trashes your vocal cords and your voice will be ****. Sorry but I'd rather not sound like **** in my youngest years. I want to keep my voice :)

I see where you coming from and i agree with you about the vocal chords. As a singer songwriter i choose to not scream cause i alredy smoke thats harsh enough. But the thing is screaming does take talent. Breathing is hard and some screamers change pitches. To keep your voice througout a performance takes dedication. Try listening to the ghost inside between the lines. The screamer in that band is quite talented. Screaming for 10 seconds takes no talent yes, but doing it as a form of music is a whole different story.

I completely agree with you Courtney. Nothing more reminds me of death, the devil, drug/rough life, and hell from these songs. From my observations, people who enjoy and participate in these bands are socially ****ed up, and who ever raised them completely failed. Like when is it okay for a guy to wear jeggings, be a douchebag, have premarital sex, and get on heroin AND be praised and honored by people for screaming into the microphone with some phony accent.

The "hardest" music to be played is a typical view from someone who idles these idiots. While half assed lyrics about their wasteful lives are being eaten up, classical orchestras, operas, and local theaters are dying. What went wrong for this to happen?

Wrong. Most hardcore bands these days are straight edge. A term that basically means you dress like what you describes but are a good person. Most bands are drug free and devoted chrostians with good and uplifting lyrics. Once again i will refrence the ghost inside. Lookem up

Wrong. Most hardcore bands these days are straight edge. A term that basically means you dress like what you describes but are a good person. Most bands are drug free and devoted chrostians with good and uplifting lyrics. Once again i will refrence the ghost inside. Lookem up

They never said that those people weren't drug free.

well, actually, i think it's fine?
i mean, as long as it's not the ENTIRE song with people making demonic noises, i'm cool with it!

i just think people scream at serious moments in music.

Back