• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Rip off Amiibo cards

GirlPolarBear

that tea girl
Bells
Amiibo cards in EU are a ripoff. We only get 3 cards in one pack for ?4!

I'm a sucker so I'll still buy them tho.

Buy them from NA we get them for about $1 a card which I think is great. :) and 6 cards to a pack. I was thinking of importing some from Japan though anyway as I want the Japanese ones.

Man, Europe just gets the crap, don't they? :C

I don't disagree that Europe isn't getting such a great deal with these cards, I'd be pretty frustrated too :(
I try to keep in mind that EU has a ton of different tax and tariff laws that are unique going from country to country. This could be a result of that, regardless of Nintendo perhaps wanting to give a pack of 5 (or was it 6?) to EU as well.

Wait, how are the North America ones like? Like how much and how many cards are in one pack

It is really unfair, especially considering GAME charge ?5 per pack and Amazon were charging ?6.26 per pack. :(
I think I would like to wait and see if I can import from America if it works out to be much cheaper.

It's been comfirmed that they are not region locked, yes?

I don't understand why everyone else only gets 3 cards in a pack...seems kinda dumb to me. I am still jealous of the collectors album you guys get but I am definitely glad that in the US the packs have 6 cards!

I don't understand why everyone else only gets 3 cards in a pack...seems kinda dumb to me. I am still jealous of the collectors album you guys get but I am definitely glad that in the US the packs have 6 cards!

My best guesses for the 3-per-pack reasoning is:
- tax and tariff situations in EU vary per country, and having 3 per pack was the best cost-effective way for them
- spending habits in the EU trend towards better sales by having just 3 cards
- Nintendo ecommerce are big meanies! xD

For some reason, I thought this was going to be about counterfeit amiibo cards, lmao.

I do feel bad for people that only get the 3 cards in a pack though. I'm looking forward to buying packs on Friday. ;;

Looking at the bright side: you guys have more opportunities to have NPC/special cards than the people that will buy the NA cards - and as far as I know the only way you can make NPC's houses is through the amiibo Cards. Considering that practically all other villagers will be available in-game, you may consider yourselves lucky! But I aggree the price is high for only 3 cards.

Looking at the bright side: you guys have more opportunities to have NPC/special cards than the people that will buy the NA cards - and as far as I know the only way you can make NPC's houses is through the amiibo Cards. Considering that practically all other villagers will be available in-game, you may consider yourselves lucky! But I aggree the price is high for only 3 cards.

But you also get 3extra cards..

Back