• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Return to Honeylune šŸ

Island/Town Name
Honeylune
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Pear
Native Flower
Mums

LaBelleFleur

šŸ„š
Staff
Project Staff
Yoshi's Islanders
Bells
Switch
3227-5763-5995
Island
Honeylune
Goomba
Chomp Call
Golden Salmonid Egg
Smash Ball
Tera Orb
Green Crescent Moon
Green Alien Plush
Froggy Easter Egg
Caustic Crystal
Viridis Mushroom Lamp
I was inspired by the New Year, New Horizons! ACNH Blogging Contest to revisit the island of Honeylune and attempt to play (and blog) daily for the next month! Weā€™ll see how long I can make itā€¦

Note: As a staff member, I am not eligible for any prizes. This is just for fun!

Entry 1 - January 14th, 2023

I played yesterday, but didnā€™t have time to put a blog post together before I had to head out to a Birthday party. So I guess all of my blog posts will be a day behind. Great start!

I havenā€™t visited Honeylune in a looooong time. I started off by updating the ā€˜fit and and attempting to kill all of the cockroaches that had taken up residence in my house. After twenty minutes, I still hadnā€™t gotten the pop-up telling me Iā€™d eradicated them all, so I gave up and proceeded with my day.

IMG_2480.JPG

Todayā€™s ā€˜fit.

I checked my mailbox and immediately got flashbacks to opening my work e-mail after my last vacation. Like with my work e-mail, I shed a small tear and ignored almost all of it.

IMG_2479.JPG

I invested with you for an entire year and I only made 2,752 bells? What a rip-off.

I then took a stroll around town and re-introduced myself to my villagers, who were understandably confused by my lengthy absence.

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

I forgot how much I love Dom.

I ran into Chevre, and was incredibly confused until I found out sheā€™d moved into after Sherbā€™s departure last year and I just never noticed or introduced myself. Oops.

IMG_2486.JPG

It was the winter Fishing Tourney today, and apparently half the town thought the winning move was to fish in the tiny pond near the airport.

IMG_2471.JPG

I question whether or not this is a winning strategy, but you do you, I guess.

IMG_2485.JPG

I guess the last time I played was probably around March 10th? Oops.

After checking Able Sisters and Nookā€™s Cranny, I headed to the museum to donate a couple of Jolly Redd items Iā€™d found in my mailbox. I had already donated an ancient statue (oops), but Blathers accepted my serene painting! I went to check it out and discovered I have a lot more art donated than Iā€™d thought. A goal for this month, maybe?

IMG_2484.JPG

Finally, to close out my first day back, I decided to go on a Kappā€™n tour.

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

I was rudely reminded tool durability was a thing when I couldnā€™t even ravage an entire mystery island without breaking my axe.

Hereā€™s the current map of Honeylune. The center is kind of a hot mess, but maybe Iā€™ll be inspired to sort it out this month. Who knows!

IMG_2476.JPG

See you tomorrow! (ā€¦Maybe!)

I figured out my picture problem, yay! I also realized in fixing my picture problem that I've been paying for additional iCloud space for years, but I hadn't actually toggled the toggle to back-up my photos automatically, and thus, I wasn't backing up my photos or using that paid space at all. Awesome.

I was too tired to play or blog yesterday, but here's a little something from my gameplay on Sunday. :) I think I'm going to try and limit myself to ten photos per post, for two reasons: that's the limit on how many photos you can batch send to your smartphone at once, and so I don't ramble on for too long.

Note: As a staff member, I am not eligible for any prizes. This is just for fun!

Entry 2: January 15th, 2023

I started off my day by dealing with my disaster of a mailbox. Phoebe ran around in the background to encourage me. I also learned the DIY recipe for a veggie basket from an extreme angle. I think the veggies would fall out if I crafted it like that...

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2512.JPG

While I was putting on a couple of wearables mom had sent me last year, I spotted a yellow balloon present float lazily by. It was at this moment I remembered the eyesore I'd painstakingly crafted many moons ago for this exact purpose...

IMG_2511.JPG

If anyone asks, I definitely did not leave my game open in the background all day while working from home, farming seasonal DIYs...

I was surprised to see K.K. in the plaza - I forgot he visits on Sundays when the Fishing Tourney takes his usual Saturday timeslot. I made a mental note to check back in later.

IMG_2510.JPG

My two snowballs were pretty close together, so I took my best shot at making a Snowboy. He wasn't quite perfect... I think my head was a bit too small.

IMG_2509.JPG

After finishing up my usual chores, I remembered that Harv's Island isn't just Photopia anymore. I couldn't remember if I'd unlocked everything or not, so I decided to take a trip out there to check. Once there, I immediately got suckered into giving all of my money to Redd.

IMG_2508.JPG

Another gacha pull? Don't mind if I do...

I had unlocked all of the shops, but I hadn't unlocked all of Harriet's new hairstyles yet, so I got a new updo. I wasn't a fan at first, but I have to admit, it looks pretty cute underneath my toque.

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

By some miracle, I remembered to check back later to get my song from K.K.! He played K.K. Khoomei.

IMG_2504.JPG

That's all for now - see you next time! I think I'll try to do a little picture tour of my island next. Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment if you'd like. :)

Back