• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

reply button when i receive mail

you guys still bother to send mail?
It's much more tedious now but this is a good idea.

Sometimes I'm just in a mood to surprise people with meaningless letters :)

I definitely have never tried holding a conversation over in-game mail though. I always do that outside of the game, it's just quicker and more practical (as shown by my longest TBT conversation which is at around 950 messages, I can't imagine all of those having been typed out in letters... Honestly the walk to the airport is not the part of mailing that takes the time lol)

I love sending mail and wish they would bring the pelicans back and make some changes.

Mail pickup/dropoff from your mailbox (so you can reply right there.)
Mail storage at the post office (which can be inside the airport.)
Ability to send 5 items per package.
More stationary designs that cycle (New Leaf seemed to have a lot more.)
Ability to send mail to anyone on your Switch friends list -- even if you haven't visited (make it optional.)
Also, allow us to buy from Nook's catalogue and have it delivered to an animal villager on our island, not just people residents.

Edit: also an easier way to delete all (except favorited), or delete from the list. Having to open 1 by 1 and press - is not the easiest process.

They really could had found a better way to handle the whole mail system. Even if it was something that was linked to the phone itself. Like you can log onto this fancy mailing app (a pun of some sort) choose from a variety of different wall paper backgrounds (letter art) make the purchase and write the letter and than the Dodo bros will have to print out the order and send it to someone outside or in the village.

See? I already made it ten times easier than they did.

i suppose... just didn't want to go thru the load screens and running to the airport
It's honestly the fastest it has been compared to previous games since it is direct.

The only gripe I have is you can't send mass mail anymore since stationary is not an item anymore and it is tied directly to the airport. It would be better in my opinion if you could send them directly in your mailbox. It's a bit more expensive in this game to send mail than in past games as well. But in past games we had the post office with New Leaf being pretty far and requiring longer loading since it was in the plaza.

Only solution I can think of is to maybe move your mailbox right outside of the airport to make a kind of "post office" type area.

I totally get what you mean. I want to send my villagers more mail, but it just feels too tedious to do it often. So I usually just do it on special occasions like when I want to give a villager an item but I can't find them, or if they've sent me a heartfelt letter asking for one back.

Back