vampire squid from heck
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
I feel like I missed out on a lot of games from the DS era so I'm looking for suggestions on what to play soon.

I've played and liked Magician's Quest, Cooking Mama, WarioWare and Chibi-Robo. I'm thinking of getting some of the DS Harvest Moon games. I generally like AC-like games and sandbox games, but arcade games and puzzles are fun too.

I'm NOT looking for long RPGs/JRPGs (I don't have enough time right now) or platformers.

Thank you!

Harvest Moon DS was one of my favourite DS games back in the day. Harvest Moon DS Cute is the same except you play as a girl courting guys instead of the other way around.

My Sims maybe! I only played it a bit but it was fun from what I remember.

Of course Animal Crossing Wild World is recommended, but you probably already know lol.

If you have a DS Lite (so you can play GBA games), Pacman Collection GBA was a heck of a lot of fun. Good arcade style.

I would definitely recommend going through the DS games wiki (it's a big one) and choosing games that way too. Most of my library were platformers lol or Pokemon so I can't be too helpful, unfortunately.

I wonder if you'd enjoy Scribblenauts? You solve puzzles by writing words which summon objects matching those words. You can also just summon random objects for fun when you're not interested in the puzzles.
You can write pretty much almost anything. Not everything, but almost.

There's also a sequel on DS where you can write adjectives too.

I second scribblenauts and mysims! and if you're looking for puzzles, there are also the professor layton games, which I haven't played but have heard highly of.

harvest moon ds and ds cute are some of the better hm ds titles, though grand bazaar is another personal fave. tale of two towns is also fine, but can be incredibly slow/time-gatey at times. rune factory (harvest moon spin-off in that it's a farm sim, but also has combat elements) 1, 2, and 3 are also on the ds, with 3 probably being the best of those.

this one is also a bit of a shot in the dark, but if you've ever had any interest in visual novels or mystery games, 999 is a suspense horror with puzzle/escape room elements. the original ds version doesn't have voice acting or certain other quality of life features (being able to experience different routes without playing the beginning over and over), but, and to put it vaguely without spoiling anything, there are parts of the story that utilize the ds hardware in amazing ways. def one of my fave ds experiences.

Ninja Town if you haven't played a tower defense game before. It's a good one to get introduced to tower defense games. It also has a little story in it too.
Pokemon.

Thanks for all the recs! I love Scribblenauts so I think this thread is on the right track :) I'll check out the others!

Rhythm Thief would be good! You mentioned Cooking Mama, so I figured you wouldn't mind a rhythm game. It's quirky and a lot of fun, and the music is nice.

jumping on the mysims recommendation train! i played mysims kingdom and mysims party when i was a kid and absolutely loved both of them, so i would definitely recommend those 2! mysims party focuses heavily on mini-games and participating in festivals that help the town expand and flourish, whereas mysims kingdom has a bit more storyline to it (though it ofc has mini-games as well!). the characters in both are super great, and the customization options for your character are pretty cute, too. :)

the only harvest moon DS game i‘ve played is harvest moon: island of happiness, and while i can’t compare it to any of the other games, i would recommend it. it was a super cute game, and the characters were pretty neat as well!

Cooking Mama is definitely a good series to play, especially on the DS. I would also recommend Nintendogs if you're looking for a life sim and Tetris DS for when you're bored and wanna play a quick game.
I'm sure there's lots of great DS games out there, but I would say those three in particular are great to start with.

A game I loved on the DS was Theme Park it was a nice relaxing pixel game:

1682403867392.png

The main point of the game is you own a theme park which you need to build, place shops and make roller-coasters etc...

I can't remember if you start in the UK or US but once you have made a successful theme park you get to pick a new country to open up a park but different countries have different terrains or have customers that want other things more or dislike things and so on.....

If you want a game you can just sit and relax not have to think this game is for you :)

1682403941543.png

Also if you are into it there is different gaming modes and one of them involves investing in the stock market with buying shares and so on...

1. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - This game is a direct sequel to the beloved GameCube game, The Wind Waker. It uses the DS's touch screen and stylus to great effect, allowing players to draw paths for Link to follow and solve puzzles. The game is a great mix of classic Zelda gameplay and innovative DS features.
  2. Professor Layton and the Curious Village - This game is a charming puzzle game that follows Professor Layton and his apprentice as they solve the mystery of the curious village. The game features a variety of brain teasers and puzzles that range in difficulty, and the story is engaging and fun.
  3. Chrono Trigger - This game is a classic RPG that was originally released on the Super Nintendo, but it received an excellent DS port in 2008. It features a deep and engaging story, memorable characters, and a time-traveling mechanic that allows players to explore different eras.
  4. Advance Wars: Dual Strike - This is a turn-based strategy game that is incredibly addictive. It features a variety of units with unique abilities and strengths, and the gameplay is deep enough to keep players engaged for hours.
  5. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - This is a fantastic action platformer that features the Belmont clan as they battle Dracula and his minions. The game features a great mix of exploration, combat, and puzzle-solving, and the graphics and sound are top-notch.
  6. Elite Beat Agents - This is a quirky and charming rhythm game that tasks players with tapping and swiping in time with the music. The game features a variety of songs and difficulties, as well as a wacky story that is sure to put a smile on your face.

Wild World is is an obvious one, but I’m assuming that you didn't make this thread to hear about this game. Here is a list that I recommend:

• Mario Kart DS. If you've played a Mario Kart game then this is either the same or better, depending on which one you played. Still pretty good.
  • Rhythm Heaven. A rhythm game. It's a pretty unique idea for a game. Especially fun if you're good with rhythms like me.
  • WarioWare Touched. Basically just like Rhythm Heaven.
  • Cooking Mama. Another game that I think it fun.

Back