• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Questions about Time traveling backwards

aloherna

Bells
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Hey everyone, I time traveled forward to cycle some villagers out, and now that I am content with my villagers I was wondering if there are any repercussions with time traveling back to where I was originally? I did time travel a few months ahead. Has anyone tried this? Would some my villagers move out without asking? I don’t have any turnips on hand right now, I do know that they become spoiled, but besides that is there anything else that I should worry about?

the only thing that comes to mind is that if you have an open plot that will get filled up if you tt backwards. csnt think of anything else at the moment though!

Villagers won't move out, turnips will spoil if you timetravel back (Even just 1 minute!), and no I think weeds and flowers don't grow if you go backwards.

TTing backwards will only affect turnips :)
It does not affect anything else but I'd make sure all of your villagers are moved in before you go back just in case!

Generally speaking, time traveling backwards is very similar time traveling forwards. It is treated as a new day in the grand scheme of things such as the number of days you have played with keep progressing so the Nook Miles milestone achievements will have odd dates depending on how often you time traveled.

Weeds will grow, shook trees will reset, Nook Shopping limit/rocks that were previously hit will be reset, fossils/bottled messages/money spots will reappear, daily Nook Miles bonus will be maintained, Nook Miles challenges will have its five daily bonuses, and empty plots will be sold. The main differences from what I know is that things such as shooting stars and watered flowers will not spawn/breed, and any existing turnips will immediately spoil.

Your villagers will not leave without letting you know, although there's a high change one will have a thought bubble asking to leave.

Last edited:
Back