• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Question about having two different ACNL copies

kawaii_princess

The Princess of Luv Town
Bells
Winter Mittens
So I just got another physical copy of ACNL and I wanted to use it as a cycling town to give people looking for their dreamies on the forum their villager for free. Now I've seen many people with their main town and a cycling town have two or three different FCs. I only have one 3DS at the moment, so my question is can I have a main town in one physical copy and another physical copy for cycling and allow people from the forum to visit my cycling town and pick up villagers while only having one 3DS to use or do I need two completely different 3DSes?

You can use them both on the same 3DS, however if you want to transfer items between your two towns you'll need a second 3DS. I never really considered that as silly as it seems and now I have to "borrow" my brothers 3DS every now and again while he's not looking :)

Some people may have more than one FC if they have two separate systems and they purchased the digital copies. I always find it easier (since I also have a physical copy) to just put it into my main DS and let people visit so I don't have to give them a different FC. Switching tends to complicate things since I put my main FC on my profile, not my old DS's one.

Last edited:
Back