• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Purchase anxiety?

Yeah I get that too, especially when buying something expensive. If the item is a lot of money I always try to buy it from a place where if its not what I thought I can return it really easy. Like I saw you were wanting to buy a laptop so I would buy that from a place like Best Buy, so if it came damaged or I just ended up not liking it I could return it at the store and exchange it for something different.

I'm more concerned about the shipping and delivery phase. When it comes to purchasing things, I usually evaluate whether I actually "need" it- either emotionally or not, would i be willing to accept it for lesser quality or learn the skills to make it myself to save cash, and if i have a sense of doubt then it goes into the luxury list.

My anxiety mostly comes from the postal service being terrible at delivery, sending my tracked!!! parcels to the wrong address or sending back without leaving me a slip to pick up. Am I supposed to leave my front door open so they would be forced to knock or leave a slip? I hate calling them up and being told that I'm wrong...and surprise it is being sent back to sender the next day after two weeks... I don't like auspost.

Me! Mostly cause I'm really indecisive and always worried I'm gonna regret getting one over the other.

I have buyer's anxiety in the way that I don't like buying only one thing at a store or online so I usually end up getting extra things for no reason. I have no idea why I always do this, maybe because I feel like if I'm only getting the one thing it'd be pointless? I try to be very frugal in general but started to allow myself one guilty item per month to spurge on, usually around $30 or so. Clothes are something I defiantly like to buy in person, as I like to try on and feel the quality of the materials, and I hate having to ship stuff back for returns.

Back