• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

private beach

budewarmin

Espurr
Bells
Mailbox
Might be a stupid question, please don't hate on me, but what do you do with your private beach? A lot of people seems to want one and I have one, but I don't do anything with it.

I sometimes put items on it when I run out of storage and need somewhere to put things but don't want people to steal the items. It's also fun to play on I guess, good for hide and seek with your friends? That's all I can think of

Last edited:
I use it as a stash for items I don't have room to store and I don't want visitors having access to easily.
I plan on burying treasures for dream visitors there too.

My private beach is very tiny, but I haven't used it for anything. I might use it for breeding hybrids at some point.

I sometimes put items on it when I run out of storage and need somewhere to put things but don't want people to steal the items. It's also fun to play on I guess, good for hide and seek with your friends? That's all I can think of

A friend put all his gold ore on the private beach and it was still stolen. I used it to make sure my villagers didn't mess with my hybriding. They would plant flowers on the regular beach all the time

Last edited:
If you plant a pitfall seed on the private beach then pitfalls don't spawn in your town. So long as there's at least one pitfall seed buried SOMEWHERE in your town, then they don't spawn.

A friend put all his gold ore on the private beach and it was still stolen.

I know the items can still get stolen, it's just less likely since the stealer would have to have a wetsuit, and the items wouldn't be in such plain sight as if they were randomly around town.

If you plant a pitfall seed on the private beach then pitfalls don't spawn in your town. So long as there's at least one pitfall seed buried SOMEWHERE in your town, then they don't spawn.
Same thing with the daily four fossils if you don't want digging spots for them in town.

One appeal to having a private beach is to give reason for your dream visitors to swim if you provide them a wetsuit. You can place surprise items there.

Back